Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 ZR1 Injector Values Inside

Quote Originally Posted by MyLS1Hauls View Post
    The ZR1 offset values worked perfectly on my modified 52 lb/hr Bosch LS2 injectors from Fuel Injector Connection. I tried the stock LS2 offset, but they were still too low, and it only had accurate values where the stock engine would operate. I like the ZR1 table because it has proper numbers in the "boost" area, so if you're running a 2 bar MAP, you will still have accurate injector offsets while in boost.

RWTD, thanks for the data...it made tuning my injectors a breeze!
    Can you explain a little more, because you lost me.

I have FIC modded LS2 injectors to 60#/hr and am using the stock injector data (save the IFR). How did you determine that the stock offset was too low?

I'm not understanding the ZR1 offset table. Is it only manifold pressure? Where is the manifold vacuum? Even when I convert it to kPa it doesnt jive with my Offset via MAP table at all.

I have a 2 bar MAP and HPT 2 bar OS and neither of my offset tables go past atmospheric.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    5 LE-the newer PCMs scale their injector offsets based on "pressure differential" between the fuel pressure and manifold vacuum (probably since most new applications have variable fuel pressure i.e. GMT900 trucks and ZR1). 0 vacuum (1atm) is 400kpa, vacuum isvto the right of there, and pressure to the left. You can still make this table work for you though. Just subtract 400 from the x axis labels and they should line right up.

I determined that the stock LS2 vette values were too low by perfecting my tune, then changing just the injectors. The LTFTs were way positive...like 15+. I kept increasing my offsets until I got the trims close. I then found this post with ZR1 values. They were very close to what I had come up with. I just used the ZR1 values because I'm going to be running a ProCharger, and wanted the PCM to be able to use proper "boost" injector offsets, once I install a 2 bar MAP sensor. Hope this made sense.
    '08 TBSS - ProCharged | '09 G8 GT

Do you guys think this table would work well with a L76 and a Maggie? Assuming I bought the ZR1 injectors, I don’t think the Supplied pink ones that came with the kit like the Variable fuel pressure outside of 45PSI.

Senior Tuner
    As long as you have the ZR1 injectors, then these values I've posted would be all that you need to make them work perfectly.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

I just ordered a set of these today (gotta love employee pricing), so we'll see how things go with the swap. My plan is to just install the injectors on my completely stock LS3 and change ONLY the injector values to see how the trims and open loop fueling reacts. Stay tuned...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    I just ordered a set of these today (gotta love employee pricing), so we'll see how things go with the swap. My plan is to just install the injectors on my completely stock LS3 and change ONLY the injector values to see how the trims and open loop fueling reacts. Stay tuned...
    Excellent! I can't wait to see! Hopefully there won't be any fitment issues (I haven't seen the specs on the height of them, yet).
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Has anyone got a value on the length of these yet??

Good engineering is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post

Any luck with the zr1 injectors?

subscribing
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

"The goal of tuning is for the tune to run well enough you dont need any corrective mechanisms"

A little more research shows that the LS9/A injector has a bent angle to the same spray cone. They end up targetting the same spot (back of the intake valve) on the supercharged engines, but from a different injector position in the intake.

If you install these in the conventional position on an LS1/2/3/6/7, you run the risk of targetting the spray at the port wall instead of the valve. The flow rate is there, but the wall film effects will be much greater. Can you tune around this? Sure, but it's going to take a bunch of work to the "fuel to wall impact factor" and "evap factor" tables to tame the transient response.

For my project, I've elected to just go with the SD 60's since I have the right data (short pulse adder, offsets) for them anyway.

Potential Tuner
    Given the spray pattern of these injectors, they sound like the proper upgrade for someone running a Maggie, yes? I have a G8 which I just installed the base Maggie kit...turns out that they cheaped-out and did not include larger injectors. So changing the pulley will require new ones, and these might be a good swap.

RWTD: James, glad to know you are still at it! Perhaps when I do a few changes to the car, I might have to drive down your way from Birmingham. I went in a totally different direction with the GTO (twin front turbos) and have some issues w/ a 2bar mafless tune I've been running. Caravan down to Mobile with BOTH of my Aussie Pontiacs

So what injectors are out there with fully developed tables that are the same height as LS7 injectors? This crap's getting way too complicated!

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    So what injectors are out there with fully developed tables that are the same height as LS7 injectors? This crap's getting way too complicated!
    Shorty 60's should be a direct replacement if you get the proper o-rings and wiring adaptors. I'm going to be using these on my LS3.

Advanced Tuner
    just found this,, after the fact that i put a set of LS9 injectors in my LS3 camaro and i copied all the injector tables from a LS9 file and so far they are working great and my fuel trims and AFR are exact from my stock injectors.

what issues will i run into with the spray pattern angle being different that LS3 injectors?
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

Advanced Tuner
    Greg,

is your injector offset data accurate in the boost range? cuz im seeing the -80vac = 0vac columns

my e38 with 2bar map uses that data

-Carl

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
    what issues will i run into with the spray pattern angle being different that LS3 injectors?
    For steady state conditions, there's effectively no difference. During transient maneuvers, you might see some fluctuations in delivered AFR due to the change in wall film contribution. The angled spray pattern puts more fuel on the port wall if it's not targeted directly toward the back of the valve. This means that more compensation has to be done on the fly to make up for fuel depositing and evaporating to/from the puddle on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    is your injector offset data accurate in the boost range? cuz im seeing the -80vac = 0vac columns
    There's relatively little change in the offset (opening delay) against manifold pressure, so there's not much to lose sleep over there. For injector flow rate, you'll see that I have several tables listed that go into the boosted region. Just remember that 0vac=400kPa delta pressure, 50kPa Vac = 450kPa delta pressure, and -40kPa Vac = 360kPa delta pressure.

Having never messed with transient fuel... what would be a good approach to try and develop the impact and evap tables? If there's a systematic way to develop it, I will buy a set of LS9 injectors, put them in a buddy's stock C6 Z06, and then go through and try to get the transient data.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Two questions about the ZR1 injectors:

Is the length compatible with the stock LS1/LS6 fuel rail?
    What connector adaptors are required - EV1 to EV6?

Advanced Tuner
    good info
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0