Thread: Famoso or Fontana Anyone?

Tuner

Famoso or Fontana Anyone?

I have gotten two emails about private track rentals and test and tune time here in the Cali area in the next two months. Wondering if anyone was going? Magic Chicken, can you email me. I have some questions about Famoso's schedule that I bet you can answer. I can't find your email. I have the fever to drag again ;D. It is addicting. Out,

Jim Kay
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6

Senior Tuner

Re: Famoso or Fontana Anyone?

We are registered for the March 25th Fontana event, what are the details about the Famoso event? I would love to go back out there with the Z28.

Advanced Tuner

I haven't heard about any private events yet for Famoso, doesn't mean there aren't any in the works though. Famoso's schedule can be found at http://www.famosoraceway.com/schedule.html

I'll be there for the Test and Tune on Superbowl Sunday and the last weekend of Feb (26th and 27th).

My email is [email protected]

Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Hey guys,

I haven't heard of anything but I would be down to go.

I went out to Sac yesterday and ran the Cobra. Jim, what you ever thought about driving out to Sac. They do test-n-tune every Saturday 12-4 for $35, gates open at 9:30. I got four runs in with the Cobra yesterday and talking to a few people they said there were more cars there than normal.

TTYL

-Mike-
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Tuner

Hey All,

Yep, I posted this and then got caught up with work/school and lost myself. Mike, the Sac thing sounds good. Later tonight I will run a mapquest to see what the travel time is. I can't believe there is no track in San Jose. I love research, puke. Eric, haven't forgotten you either and will be in touch. More later,

Jim

Advanced Tuner

One of these days I'll actually go back to drill with my unit @ NPS and give you a call when I'm up there.

My Myspace page

Here ya go Jim:
    5305 Excelsior Rd
    Sacramento, CA 95827-9715
    http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/

-Mike-
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:

Tuner

Thanks Mike,

Anything going on there this weekend? I might actually catch a break and have some time off. Yes, Eric, you need to get up here and drill so I can take you to lunch ;D. Just let me know. Back to the books. I haven't seen my car in days. That is just not cool.

Jim K.

There's test-n-tune this Saturday, I wasn't planning on going but I also don't have anything going on so if you're up to going I'll go out there, I'd like to try another tune I have for the Cobra anyways. Let me know and maybe we can meet up somewhere and role out there together.

Funny you mention not seeing the car. I haven't messed with the Camaro's tune since Famoso in Dec, kinda been MIA. That should change shortly though.

-Mike-
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:

Advanced Tuner

Not this weekend, but the following one (26th, 27th) is a test n tune weekend at famoso. They will also be running the West Coast Pro Gas in conjunction with the T&T on the 26th, so there should be some cool fast cars there. This will most likely be my last chance to get my truck into the 12's before I get the new 408. Hopefully my buddy Joe will have his truck ready for this T&T as well. You can check out the specs on his monstrous beast @ www.greenthunderracing.com

My Myspace page

Tuner

Hey Eric,

It was the 27th I was looking at but I gotta bug out because I am picking up a TI exhaust from a gentleman from SD and he is meeting me halfway at Morro Bay. I got a heck of deal so I can't pass it up. That truck definitely has some time and $$$$$$$ in it. I sure would mind doing something like that to my Avalanche. SUV on crack ;D. I didn't realize you were getting a 408. That will be sweet. Are you getting the same setup as your buddy. One of these days I am winning the Cali lotto and boy the things I am going to do. In the meantime, I gotta keep going to work. (till I am about 80 years old with all my mod desires).

Mike,

Still working on this weekend. I will try to let you know as soon as I can in case you get the urge to go. Gotta find some sort of parallel entertainment for the wife. I am sure Sac has some good shopping. Hmmm, then again, I am not sure I want to ride up there with you. If I recall your estimated speed to Formoso ;D. J/K. Plus, the weather outlook isn't too bright for around here. I will have to check Sac's. I will be in touch.

Jim K.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
    Not this weekend, but the following one (26th, 27th) is a test n tune weekend at famoso. They will also be running the West Coast Pro Gas in conjunction with the T&T on the 26th, so there should be some cool fast cars there. This will most likely be my last chance to get my truck into the 12's before I get the new 408. Hopefully my buddy Joe will have his truck ready for this T&T as well. You can check out the specs on his monstrous beast @ www.greenthunderracing.com
    Sounds like fun, I'll see if I can fit that in. I got a 20lb'r in my garage if you need it , more N02 never hurt nobody right ? (J/K)

Mike,

Still working on this weekend. I will try to let you know as soon as I can in case you get the urge to go. Gotta find some sort of parallel entertainment for the wife. I am sure Sac has some good shopping. Hmmm, then again, I am not sure I want to ride up there with you. If I recall your estimated speed to Formoso . J/K. Plus, the weather outlook isn't too bright for around here. I will have to check Sac's. I will be in touch.

Jim K.
    Looks like this Sat might be rained out by the way this week is going so far, we'll see I guess.

Me drive fast? : :P :-X ;D

-Mike-
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:

Tuner

Mike,

It still isn't looking too good for the weather. May have to call this one a wash. Get it, wash. Okay, never mind but still hoping for some sunshine.

Jim

Advanced Tuner

Well, I went to Famoso back on the 27th and came home with a new best ET. 12.85 @ 104 with a 1.77 60'. Not too bad for a 5200 pound monster with full street trim (minus rear seat, add electric tonneau cover). That was with a 175 shot jetted rich and my Maximizer screwed up and ramped up in the middle of my run so I was without full power for 2 seconds in the middle of the run. Maybe could've been in the mid 12's if it weren't for that.

My Myspace page

Tuner

HEy Eric,

Outstanding. You put my Vette to shame. So what was up with the Maximizer. Did it fail or was it...........hmmmm, operator error ;D. Good job on the run and congrats.

Jim K.

Advanced Tuner

I think it was operator error. I had the nitrous cutoff at 6100 RPM's and I guess I shifted (2-3) late every run, so it hit the cutoff and shut off, then after the shift it re-enabled and ramped up again. Goes to show, you shouldn't always believe your stock tach. My tach never hit 6000, but the maximizer, hp tuners, and wideband software all say it did.

My Myspace page