Thread: LM1 users, check your cables

Advanced Tuner

LM1 users, check your cables

I just thought i would let you all know there is a problem with the 10 foot extension cable that was shipping with the LM1 wideband, check the connector at the end that plugs into your sensor!!!

They did not put seals around the wires!!! Just a crappy loose fitting oversize heatshrink tube to cover the splices they used.

You will destroy your sensor and harness if you use it when the roads are wet. I know cause I just did it.

UPDATE:- after contacting innovate motor sports they have informed me that all new systems ship with a weather sealed cable, They are also replacing my damaged parts free of charge!
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Advanced Tuner

Re: LM1 users, check your cables

I wonder when this switch occurred? I just replaced my sensor for $59 at the local VW dealer. But all of my cable extension is inside the car. There's only about 5-6" of the sensor harness outside the car.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Advanced Tuner

Re: LM1 users, check your cables

dont know the exact date of switch, your probably ok though since the missing seals are on the extension cable only and it sounds like your extension is all inside (nice and dry like)
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!