Thread: Added a built trans, have questions

Potential Tuner

Added a built trans, have questions

I added a ZZP stage 3 trans a week ago, it came with: 3.29's, 2500 stall, 1" GMR chain, reluctor wheel, basically all the options except a LSD.

Well I didnt really think of the reluctor wheel so I changed everything in the Bin for 3.29's- 89% reduction in the transmission and tcc settings where the MPH was indicated, not engine speed.

Well my question is When addinig 3.29's with a reluctor wheel, what SHOULD have been changed in the bin VS. what I changed. It doesn't drive right currently and when the TC unlocks I see high KR. Like if i give it 30% throttle and I feel the tc unlock I get high KR even under light load so I figure my settings in the PCM are screwed up.

I searched and cant get a definitive answer....

Help.

Dave

Advanced Tuner
    First off dont drive the car untill you change this.....

All you need to do in the editor for the 3.29's is change the calculated gear under the speedo tab to 3.69....yes even though you have 3.29's. As you can see the stock setting is already 3.29's...even though you don't have 3.29's stock.

Make sure the auto scale transmission table button is selected...flash your done.
    2004 GTO LS1~HP Tuners~AFX W/B~PRC 227 heads~.644/.598-231/234-111(TQV3)~Kooks 1 7/8 headers~Stock injectors~Fast 102 LSXR Intake~Fast 102 TB~CAI cold air intake~Yella Terra Roller Rockers~Fast Fuel Rails~

Dyno's are for sissy's, See you on the street.

Potential Tuner
    I have a powertuner, I just posted in here bc I dont get any responses in that site. Im pretty sure I figured it out.

Dave