Thread: Proper Way to Adjust for Nitrous Shot

Tuner in Training

Proper Way to Adjust for Nitrous Shot

I puled 3 degrees of timing accross the board. Is this the correct way to pull timing? Should I only pull timing at the higher RPM and higher cylider air mass?Also are the High ocatane and low octane tables the only thing I have to change?

Senior Tuner
    Only yank it in the airmass areas where you normally would be at during WOT, and also at the rpms where you will engage it. I would suggest you do both high and low octane tables, just to ensure that there aren't any areas in the low octane table that may be higher than the high octane table after you remove spark from the high octane table (lol, did that make any sense?). Many copy their low to their high anyway, thus allowing the knock sensors to do their job.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

There's no Nitrous switch to enable "NOS Ignition Map" like in race computers (AEM for example), right? Is it another way to handle this in GM stock PCMs? Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    You can try the "interface" box made by hsw. I have one for sale if you are interested PM me. It does everything in the tune for you

RWTD, Love the sig. lol

Tuner in Training
    Sure. So this would mist likely be at .80 and higher for the MAP and above 4000 RPM or so? Right? Are there any other tables that have to be modified?

Tuner in Training
    Is this a wet or dry kit? If a dry kit (spraying before the MAF), then you can adjust the spark at the g/cyl range you'll be in when you're on the juice. Then when off the juice, those spark cells will remain unchanged. So in effect you get a tune that's optimum for both on and off the bottle.

With a wet kit, there is no way to do this. You just have to pull timing in the cells you hit at WOT.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GETUSUMM View Post
    You can try the "interface" box made by hsw. I have one for sale if you are interested PM me. It does everything in the tune for you

RWTD, Love the sig. lol
    The interface box simply uses the IAT spark retard table to retard timing IIRC

Senior Tuner
    Yeup, HSW makes one, MSD makes one, and there is also the "Timing Tuner" that many use.

As for that airmass point to pull from, that depends on your car. Most cars are WOT from around 0.56 and above, depending.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)