Thread: tell me what you think

Tuner in Training

tell me what you think

any comments on the tune? car is very strong and runs good on 93 octane and is a man with 100 octane like a completely different engine

post a good scan also

5300 rpm shifts?

Tuner in Training
    its 6400, engine, fuel, fuel cut off vs rpm, she's a 6 spd and i don't have a good scan but i get one soon as i put a new ring and pinion in the little 10 bolt i still have under the back end

If it runs that much better on 100, then chances are you are getting knock. Since we have no idea on your setup (you ask for advice, but give no details) I would think 93 should be sufficient and when tuned correctly will not show much difference to 100 octane.

-Your PE table is very screwy
    -Your timing table is very screwy
    -Your fan settings are also screwy

Just looking at some of the key things in the tune and it looks like they can use some tuning.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    i have a volant cold air, 13lb flywheel, stage 3 spec clutch, e3 spark plugs, 160 stat, 4.10s, off road y-pipe and some crazy custom exhaust setup but everything else is like it came from the factory engine wise, i know the PE is screwy i get 1-2 degree of knock with 93 around 100 mph in 4th gear and zero KR with 100 octane, with the PE delay set at 0 it wasn't responsive out of the hole but with the delay set at 3000 rpm it's very froggy below and above at WOT, with the timing it would drop every time i shift and it would almost back fire and pop out of the exaust so thats why it's screwy, and the fan settings i was just playing with trying to keep it running cooler in the staging lanes

- You get knock because your timing is WAY to high, tune it right and there is no need to run 100 octane.

- AFAIK, PE delay does not even work in these cars.

- Nothing *should* be screwy. Read, get a WB, and tune it right. When you do it right, the car will act right and it will go faster.
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    thats y my PE table is so screwy it has my 3000 rpm delay in it as for timing i don't think it's to high i run 93 (non ethanol additive) on the street and i'm not riding around in 4th gear at 100 mph 2 degrees of timing retard is not gonna hurt there, the track with 100 octane is the only time it would meet those conditions and it has zero KR the car runs strong and acts like it's supose too

Still not getting what you are saying here? Your PE delay values have nothing to do with why your PE is messed up. Again, PE delay does NOTHING in the Fbody cals, so it is always 0. Even if it worked, it does not explain why you command 9.75:1 AFR.

If you think you are fine on 93, so be it. You asked for advice and I gave it to you. You *think* it is fine, I know it is too high for that setup. Do as you wish though.

I have to ask, why did you post to see what people think and then you don't seem to care? Just because KR does not show up in the scan does not mean it is not knocking. Post a WOT log on the street in 2nd or 3rd gear.