Thread: 07 Z06 stumbles on take off

Tuner in Training

07 Z06 stumbles on take off

07 Z06 stumbles just after you take off about 22mph you can see it in the scan at around frame 23025 the timing does a wierd dip. let me know if anyone has any ideas.

The car has a 238/254 114lsa and headers.

I can't look at the tune from where I am now, but if M6 manual smoothing is on, I've seen this happen. Make sure it's disabled.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I turned M6 smoothing off. I went into the timing tables and made them all pretty close to the same around cruising and take off; Idle base, coast down, high octane, low octane. Even adjsuted the DFCO tables and CFCO. So far I think that may have fixed it.

I think the computer is jumping all over into different timing tables and some tables have alot of timing and some have low. So the timing going from 39 to 13 degrees can cause some problems.

It even cleared up alot of the low rpm cam jerking.

Zero the burst knock table as shown. You could also log burst knock to see for yourself.

Russ Kemp

You Minimum Idle Airflow is whacked. As a test, return the whole table to stock and see if that helps. Also, log torque management advance to make sure it's doing something here.

Senior Tuner
    Try this tune I've attached for you. I've made some changes to your current file.

And for God's sake, please dial in your MAF transfer and QUIT RAPING YOUR PE TABLE! BAD BAD BAD!!! (see my signature, lol)

http://www.diablosporttuning.com/fil...6z06_test1.hpt

Once you download this file, please make sure you reply and let me know you have d/l'ed it, as I am going to delete it from my server. For some reason I've never been able to upload big files on HPT's site, yet I don't have problems on any other site. I think they need to update their forum software.
    Last edited by RWTD; 10-27-2008 at 01:01 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Senior Tuner
    Update???
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Tuner in Training
    I have downloaded your tune driven the car a few miles and so far it has seem to fix it. I will let you know here in abit Im going to go put some miles on it to make a 100% sure. Thanks for the help.

What do you mean by PE table raping, It was conscensual I swear.

^^^^ I was afraid to ask the same. RWTD is big boss here.

PE raping is using the PE table to adjust the fueling. Ideally your PE table should be a straight line commanding a certain AFR. You need to tune your maf and ve tables correctly then the PE table will fall in line to your desired afr

I’ve never thought that I could “tune” in that way. Every procedure I’ve read goes as you mention: “tune your maf and ve tables correctly then the PE table will fall in line to your desired (commanded) afr”.

Actually fast00ss file has a MAF “Airflow vs Freq Low” curve going flat at 3250Hz when it should be an increasingly curve. Also PE "EQ Ratio vs RPM" has very lean commanded AFRs (13s, 14s!). So, a not proper or fully dialed MAF is being compensated in the PE EQ Ratio vs RPM: PE Raping

Thanks!