Thread: disabling VE...??

Tuner

disabling VE...??

I've seen recently while viewing various tunes on cars that some have disabled the VE table by setting the disable rpm to like 500 rpm's. What are the effects of doing this? I understand that the maf would be used entirely at this point..

Tuner in Training
    That's how I run my 408 z28, friends cam/spray z28, CTS-V, and his TBSS. The two f-bodies seemed to gain throttle response. We even run them open loop, MAF only. My CTS-V went from averaging 15.5mpg mixed to 19.5 mixed. No other changes real changes made.

By making this change alone to another friends H/C/Stall SS, he went from 16.5mpg to 22mpg.

I read about it a long time ago, tried it, and had great success. I've never tuned a VE table.
    1998 Z/28 M6
    LME 408

What is the setting called to disable VE? I am curious of something, but I am tuning a 3800, so it may not have it, but just wanna check....

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by n0dih View Post
    What is the setting called to disable VE? I am curious of something, but I am tuning a 3800, so it may not have it, but just wanna check....
    Engine > Airflow > Dynamic Airflow > High RPM Disable.

It's usually set to 4000 on most vehicles. Below this RPM, the PCM uses MAF and VE data to determine airflow and therefore fueling. Above it, the PCM uses raw MAF data. I set mine to 400rpm, which means the car is always above the value, and always uses MAF data. If you have a molested MAF, don't even think about it though.
    1998 Z/28 M6
    LME 408

so when this is done all you need to do is adjust your PE table and that is it ? no need to do any VE calibration even if you are supercharged.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by n0dih View Post
    Most V6's don't use the VE table for transients, at least mine doesn't. I set my VE table to 0 & the tune stayed the same. Drove it like that for several days as a test
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

So it used Accel Enrich for all transient fueling?

So on the V6 the VE is only used for MAF fail?

Tuner
    I may try this...I have seen when tuning my car that it always runs smoother when I am tuning just the maf and have the ve disabled...Might try leaving it that way!!