Thread: Couple of questions on EI and enhanced OS.

Couple of questions on EI and enhanced OS.

First question.
    I want to install EGT's on all eight of my exhaust ports. I also want to keep monitoring my NGK WB. I am thinking of using the 4 EI inputs for 4 of the EGT's, and am hopeing that I can some how hook up the other 4 threw a non used sensor as well as the NGK WB. I have a 2002 WS6 TA. At pressent I do not use the two rear O2's any more. Nor do I use the air pump or the egr. I still use the AC. Maybe someone else has done this and can not only give me some input but might have the right Configs as well.

I guess if I have no other choice, I can use only 4 EGT's and then find a way to hook my NGK WB up threw a different source. All ideas are very welcome.

To answer the first question, I use the WB for WOT tunning, but I am also old school in that I like/trust the EGT's. I am also going turbocharged, so EGT's are a nice way to make sure everything is perfect. I do not think all eight EGT's are neccessary, four will do what I need, but eight would be even nicer.

Second question:
    I will post this question else were too. At this time I have changed my OS to 1 bar SD Enhanced. Under Engine>Airflow>Main VE, there is Primary table and a new Multiplier table. Can anyone give me advice on how to tune this new Multiplier table? Does anyone have any configs/historygrams for tuning it? Does it multiply the VE at X throttle posision all the time or just momentarily during a throttle movement, like an accelarator pump does on a car? I am under the understanding this table is to compensate for the removale of the MAF sensor.

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have any input on this?

Don't know of a way to get all 8 in there but you could rig up a circuit to switch the inputs back & forth for you. Then use the EGR as the WB input. You will need a driver box for all 8 EGT's naturally to give you a 0-5 V out.

Then you could also use an on/off input to determine which set was active.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    to do it properly your going to have to step up to a real data logger,

check out the PCS range. www.dashlogger.com

for not a huge amount of money you can log everything you want and still have channels left over to do more