Thread: Bad LC-1 unit??

Bad LC-1 unit??

Having some trouble with my wideband.

It keeps reading a crazy #. I pull the sensor, turn on the power, wait 10 secs, then plug it in and let it calibrate. At this point it should be reading 14.7 in free air... I turn on the scanner and it's reading 11.00ish. Does this with both of my sensors.

I have had it wired a few different ways.

it is currently wired like the picture attached. Like this way over grounding everything in the intereface(which I have tried and still get the same prob) due to the face nothing is grounded unless I have the interface plugged into the car the entire time.

At first I thought it was the sensor, so I bought a new one, which seems to be doing the same thing as my first one.

Tried the sensor in a friends car and seems to work fine. Friends car is wired different then mine( tried the same way his was wired and got the same results.).
    We used my HP intereface to insure that wasn't the prob, and it worked fine on his car.

so at this point I'm thinking my LC-1 is no good?

Any one have any ideas?
    99 T/A. g5x4 cam. Now trying to figure out how to tune it...

going to try updating my firmware to see if that does anything..... Will keep you posted.

well just tried to update the firmware. it did that to 100%, then it went to verifiy, got to 19% and git an error.

seems like the box doesn't even want to power on now. so i will assume it is done....

does innovitive warrenty this POS?

RMA'ed to innovative.

Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of that happening...The LC-1 Controller just loses it's mind and won't accept a firmware update. I've heard Innovate is good about turning them around though.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    Innovate does have a fairly quick turn around time. I was having a problem or at least I thought I had a problem with my LC1 and I sent it out they checked it out and I had it back in a week. Not bad considering they are in California and I am in Michigan.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

good to hear about the fast turn around.

Just hooked up a buddies 6 wire in my car for right now, seems to work half ass.