Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3

WOW this is an impressive tool! Thanks for posting ktoonzsez/Bluecat!
    2005 Vert Z51 MZ6
    Horsepower Sales 954-984-8040
    4:10's, FAST 92, A/R Headers w/cats, G5x3, .040 gaskets AFR 205 heads ORIG CLUTCH
    472rwhp/414rwtq
    Best pre-cam:1/4-1.730, [email protected]
    Best w-cam, pre-FAST 1/4-1.666, [email protected]
    Best w-cam & FAST 1/4-1.519, [email protected] DA-793
    Best w-cam & AFR heads 1/4-1.445, [email protected] DA-581 1/8-1.445, [email protected] DA-581
    Top speed 185 (so far...) 0-60 mph 2.59 sec (track)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUX3UNFl124

Tuner in Training
    This thing is awesome and really the only way thus far to try and get the VE dialed in ... I have 1 "small" request ... is there any chance that you guys could add in the portion of the equation for VVT?

Is everyone in here just zeroing out the portion of the tables for VVT right now?

Advanced Tuner
    Which one is VVT? There are extra exhaust and intake tables that we don't even want to go there to complicate it even more so I'm not sure what the VVT is.

Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    Which one is VVT? There are extra exhaust and intake tables that we don't even want to go there to complicate it even more so I'm not sure what the VVT is.
    VVT = Variable Valve Timing

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Ben, after looking at VVT descriptions, I don't thnk so but will look into it further.

Tuner in Training
    I spent several hours today working on getting the VE dialed in a bit. It is definately a bit challenging with additional things that I can't see having an effect.
    Here are the results ... LT and STFT's are looking good ... still more work to do in the upper RPM range.

Advanced Tuner
    program runs nice, im a bit sketchy to actually try it on my car cuz there's no cam support in v3 yet, but it picks up all my other tables fine,

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune if you are using the cam coefficients and I'll look into it, you are really adding to the complexity of the equations aren't you

Advanced Tuner
    well, its just that my ecm has these tables and there are some values in them and the
    LE5 does use vvt

Advanced Tuner
    but i was just thinking about it, cuz ur program is incredible, i just started playing with it, not sure if i fully understand how to use it yet but now im sure i'll attempt to tune ve, im running maf only now

i guess it is complex, i have 9 more ve tables
    Last edited by g5 gxp; 10-27-2008 at 02:37 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    We all hve them, just zeroed out in 99% of the cars. I'll look at your file and see if I can figure out what it is trying to do to the equations.

Advanced Tuner
    thanks

Tuner
    Ok, I understand the concept of this program, and that basically I move the equations into it, data log, and adjust. Here's where I'm confused-what do I data log? Do I need to first disable the VE stuff and tune the MAF so that I know it's accurate, then re-enable and tune the VE stuff? What histogram should I be using?

Thanks guys, hate to ask, but I'm tuning a few cars that need this so I want to get it right

Advanced Tuner
    1. You need a wideband.
    2. You can do either the MAF or the VE first, doesn't matter.
    3. You are going to log the percentage error between command AFR and actual AFR (from your WB) based on RPM as yours rows and MAP as your columns (standard VE table columns and rows).

Tuner
    1. You need a wideband.
    2. You can do either the MAF or the VE first, doesn't matter.
    3. You are going to log the percentage error between command AFR and actual AFR (from your WB) based on RPM as yours rows and MAP as your columns (standard VE table columns and rows).
    Ok. I have the wideband.

So, this makes it just like tuning a regular car, turn one off, do the other? I think I've got that figured out, lol. Then basically set up a custom PID or will the VE already in HP Tuners do this? Which do I adjust, the tables in the scanner (if possible) or the tables in this program? Or both? Lol.

I certainly appreciate the help

Advanced Tuner
    Yes turn one off to tune the other. The histogram should have the rows of 400, 800,1200,1600...RPM and the columns of 15,21,26,32,38...MAP. Is that what you are looking at? To add the table to your % AFR error just click on the "table" just below the "X Header (Horizontal Axis)" word on the lower part of the histogram setup window and select the table "VE Lo Altd" (you might have to be connected to the car with the scanner program to see this table).

The math for the % error is:
    100*((Actual WB AFR)-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]

"Actual WB AFR" in the math above is the sensor that your WB is so replace that with your sensor for the WB.
    "SENS.121" is the commanded AFR from the car, this probably will be the same depending on what car you are tuning. What is the car?

Tuner
    Yes turn one off to tune the other. The histogram should have the rows of 400, 800,1200,1600...RPM and the columns of 15,21,26,32,38...MAP. Is that what you are looking at? To add the table to your % AFR error just click on the "table" just below the "X Header (Horizontal Axis)" word on the lower part of the histogram setup window and select the table "VE Lo Altd" (you might have to be connected to the car with the scanner program to see this table).

The math for the % error is:
    100*((Actual WB AFR)-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]

"Actual WB AFR" in the math above is the sensor that your WB is so replace that with your sensor for the WB.
    "SENS.121" is the commanded AFR from the car, this probably will be the same depending on what car you are tuning. What is the car?
    The one tonight is a 2007 Chevy Silverado. I have a 2008 Pontiac GXP this Saturday as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Sensor "SENS.121" should be the right one then.

Tuner
    Ok, I got it on the Silverado!

Took a while to get the histogram figured out, then to get it to copy paste the numbers the way that I wanted to. But once I got the hang of it it went pretty dang well. The customer was most pleased.

I certainly appreciate the help!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GregRexAdams View Post
    Ok, I got it on the Silverado!

Took a while to get the histogram figured out, then to get it to copy paste the numbers the way that I wanted to. But once I got the hang of it it went pretty dang well. The customer was most pleased.

I certainly appreciate the help!
    Good to hear