Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3

2007 A6 Corvette.

I didn't check it. When I clicked the "VE Table" button, the screen pops up exactly as shown in the screen shot.

***EDIT***

After unchecking the %VE it appears to be working. However not sure if this is something only affecting me, or if it's doing it for everyone, but I always have to uncheck %VE.
    Last edited by AtomicVette; 06-11-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicVette View Post
    2007 A6 Corvette.

I didn't check it. When I clicked the "VE Table" button, the screen pops up exactly as shown in the screen shot.

***EDIT***

After unchecking the %VE it appears to be working. However not sure if this is something only affecting me, or if it's doing it for everyone, but I always have to uncheck %VE.
    Ok, at some point you loaded a file with this check mark enabled or accidently checked it and saved your file. All you have to do is save your VE table with the check mark OFF and the next time you load the program and the file it will remain OFF.

Tuner
    ktoonsez,
    Your apply scanner data allows for us to enter a minimum hits required. How does it work if the histogram has a filter on it like for throttle position > 0?

What if I am already filtering on cell hits over 50 in the histogram? Would I enter 50 in your filter or 0 to only get cells over 50 hits? I know, I could figure it out by trial and error but .....

Great feature by the way.
    07 Avalanche Exhaust & CAI

Advanced Tuner
    The minimum hits required field uses the "C" (shows you the count for each field) view from the scanner's histo. I believe the "C" view does not count until it reaches the 50, just do a quick log of anything with a filter and watch the "C" view to see if it counts immediately, I don't think it does until you reach 50 but it has been a while. So to directly answer your question, if your histo has 50 and you do 50 in mine, that would be 100 hits.

ktoonsez,

The instructions on smoothing you gave a few posts early doesn't seem to be working. I have edits enabled however it won't allow me to grab and intersection and drag is to a new location to smooth the graph out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Never mind. I didn't have edits enabled on the blown up graph since it only had an icon, but wasn't in the menu. Now I recognize the icon and it works.
    Last edited by faust.dr; 07-01-2009 at 07:45 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by faust.dr View Post
    ktoonsez,

The instructions on smoothing you gave a few posts early doesn't seem to be working. I have edits enabled however it won't allow me to grab and intersection and drag is to a new location to smooth the graph out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Never mind. I didn't have edits enabled on the blown up graph since it only had an icon, but wasn't in the menu. Now I recognize the icon and it works.
    Cool, sorry for the late response, haven't been on for a while.

Tuner in Training

question????

i know to open the tune file. but how do i actually open those parameters up in the program? or do i copy and paste the numbers for those particular values in the program? any help appreciated......

Tuner in Training
    I have been playing around with this program for a couple days now and I have a few questions.

I have a VE table that I would like to convert to equations to enter into my E67 VE Equation Parameters. I have a 07 H/C/I/Headers TBSS and the VE table I am trying to convert into equations is a tuned VE table from an 06 Cam/I/Headers TBSS as this would get me closer than the stock VE table thats in my TBSS now. I am actually using a stock 07 C6 VE table now and that is a little better than my stock VE but I would like to be able to convert the cam only 06 TBSS table into my file.

I have attempted to paste the VE directly into the software then do a calculate equations from that VE table, but everytime the equations come out and I paste them into HPtuners they seem to be way off. I test this by copying the new VE equations based off the new VE table back into the EQ program and my VE table looks all messed up and the values dont match the original data I put in? Maybe someone has had the same problem or am I just using the program wrong?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds like you are doing something wrong. If you take the equations out of your tune, then create the VE table with my program, then recreate the equations the equation numbers will be quite different but when you re-create the table again it should have the same shape. Make sure you have all the windows open for the equations and that the windows are all in grid mode only NOT in split mode where you can see the grid and graph. If you can, post up screen shots of the steps you are doing to put the equations in, then creating table, then creating the table.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTBSS View Post
    I have been playing around with this program for a couple days now and I have a few questions.

I have a VE table that I would like to convert to equations to enter into my E67 VE Equation Parameters. I have a 07 H/C/I/Headers TBSS and the VE table I am trying to convert into equations is a tuned VE table from an 06 Cam/I/Headers TBSS as this would get me closer than the stock VE table thats in my TBSS now. I am actually using a stock 07 C6 VE table now and that is a little better than my stock VE but I would like to be able to convert the cam only 06 TBSS table into my file.

I have attempted to paste the VE directly into the software then do a calculate equations from that VE table, but everytime the equations come out and I paste them into HPtuners they seem to be way off. I test this by copying the new VE equations based off the new VE table back into the EQ program and my VE table looks all messed up and the values dont match the original data I put in? Maybe someone has had the same problem or am I just using the program wrong?

Thanks
    I run into what I think is the same issue. Let's see if I can explain it:

1) Pull my equations from HP Tuners using EQ<>VE
    2) Gen a VE table from the equations using EQ<>VE
    3) Adjust the VE table based on a scanned data
    4) Save new VE in Excel to compare later (not required if not testing accuracy)
    5) Generate new equations from VE using EQ<>VE (usually it claims error < 2%)
    6) Push equations to HP Tuners using EQ<>VE

From here on out, the steps are only to test accuracy

7) Generate new VE table from equations using EQ<>VE
    8) Paste new VE table into Excel and compare to table from step #4

Even though when the equations were created the error claimed was <2%, when comparing the two VE tables, the errors regularly exceed 8% which is much higher than the scanned data trims needed, so once I get close to accurate VE, I can not use the software anymore to get closer. I have switched to a fully manual process (Excel assisted) due to this issue. If only EQ<>VE could spend more time or whatever is needed to really get close calculating the equations so I did not have to do them manually. It takes me a hour usually to do them wihtout EQ<>VE, but the results are worth it.

Great software overall though. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.
    Last edited by Amric; 07-20-2009 at 07:46 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Amric View Post
    I run into what I think is the same issue. Let's see if I can explain it:

1) Pull my equations from HP Tuners using EQ<>VE
    2) Gen a VE table from the equations using EQ<>VE
    3) Adjust the VE table based on a scanned data
    4) Save new VE in Excel to compare later (not required if not testing accuracy)
    5) Generate new equations from VE using EQ<>VE (usually it claims error < 2%)
    6) Push equations to HP Tuners using EQ<>VE

From here on out, the steps are only to test accuracy

7) Generate new VE table from equations using EQ<>VE
    8) Paste new VE table into Excel and compare to table from step #4

Even though when the equations were created the error claimed was <2%, when comparing the two VE tables, the errors regularly exceed 8% which is much higher than the scanned data trims needed, so once I get close to accurate VE, I can not use the software anymore to get closer. I have switched to a fully manual process (Excel assisted) due to this issue. If only EQ<>VE could spend more time or whatever is needed to really get close calculating the equations so I did not have to do them manually. It takes me a hour usually to do them wihtout EQ<>VE, but the results are worth it.

Great software overall though. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

What setting are you using on the slider bar. Once you are getting close to being totally smooth, you should have the slider bars close to the left side. Also, logging is of course the hugest part of this. By the end when you are just fine tuning, each cell that you apply to the the table should have at least 200+ hits or you are getting data in there that is not very accurate. Also remember, the accuracy you are refering to in the list box is an average of all cells from that region. Most regions consist of 8-16 cells and it produces that % error based on an average of the difference between all cells in that region. Maybe you need to move the slider bars further to the left to produce greater precision and single cell accuracy. When I was in the final stages of tuning my own car, I used the top slider bar at 4 and the bottom at 1 or 2. The picture from the first post is my actual VE table from my '08 vette created with my program. Let me know if you are using similar numbers on the slider bar or not, I know it takes much longer to generate on a slow laptop but it is worth it ande only takes maybe 5-10 minutes on a really slow laptop, mine is a 2.3 GHZ with 512 memory and takes about 3-4 minutes at the really accurate settings. Also here is another tip, turn off the auto boundaries when you are trying to get really smooth at the end and manually make the boundaries land at the extreme slope areas to really get accurate results.

Hope this helps you guys!

Tuner
    On the slider bars, I am using precision=1 and single cell=0. I run it on a very fast CPU, so it completes very fast. I would go much higher on the precision if available. For the scan hits I am only using 50. I will try 200 and see if that helps. On the high RPM or MAP cells, it is very difficult to get that many hits. I have the auto boundaries turned off, but have not tried moving the boundaries around. They look to be at the ideal places now, but I will take a closer look as see if any boundaries might be better off moved.

If you have time, I am attaching two test files. Test1.hpt is my current tune. I have placed a copy of the equation generated VE table from EQ<>VE into the "VE Reversion Lo Altd table. Test2.hpt uses the equations from Test1.hpt first pulled into EQ<>VE, turned into a VE table, and then turned back into equations. This EQ<>VE generated VE table is also in "VE Lo Altd" in the Test2.hpt file. Opening Test1.hpt, and then comparing it against Test2.hpt, you will see huge differences in the generated VE tables.

I know there will be huge differences in the equations, but what I am seeing is huge differences in the generated VE tables which I would have expected to be within 2% or so since Test2.hpt equations were generated from the VE table created from the Test1.hpt equations. In summary, "Engine->Airflow->General Airflow->VE Lo Altd" in each file has copies of the VE tables built from the same data, but with very different results.

I am not sure I am explaining this well, but hopefully you will be able to understand what I am saying, and duplicate the results looking at these two files. Not that it is a big deal, as the manual Excel way has been working great, but I sure would like to use your program if I can get equally accurate results.
    Last edited by Amric; 07-20-2009 at 10:35 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I can see what is going on, your boundaries are in a bad spot compared to the slopes and valley's you have. The area from RPM 3200 all the way up and MAP 0-32 are off by alot and is what is causing the wierd numbers in some of those areas, also the little holes you have hear and there cause the different numbers. Remember that this table should be very smooth, look at mine on the first post again (this is the real one that runs in my '08 vette, same car as yours basically). When you have these large slopes and valley's especially with in the same boundary area the numbers are naturally going to be off because it will never find a happy medium to satisfy the large difference between fields right next to eachother.

Also, try using precision of 4 or 5, the math doesn't seem to like anything lower.
    Last edited by ktoonsez; 07-21-2009 at 10:47 AM.

OK, this seems to work great, but how do I adjust the axis values in the VE table?

I have a VE table in Excel, but the axis values are different than the defaults, (it goes up to 2 bar). I cannot seem to change anything for those values, even with editing enabled.
    Last edited by general23cmp; 09-18-2009 at 11:53 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    The file "Table_Dim.txt" has the table's axis values. The file is in the same directory as the EQ_VE.exe.

I am sorry to ask this I am not real good with computers yet I am a fabricator can you please tell me the steps to take to down load this file and do I need any other programs to run it if so where do I get those programs thank you for your help

Sorry my last reply was for the VE version 3 program thank you

ktoonsez I am having trouble generating my equations from your version of bluecat. I don't have any trouble generating a ve table but, when working in reverse I get the message that this program has encountered an error and must close. I have an old version of bluecats and it doesn't seem to have any problems. I have checked to make sure I do have the updated .net framework and I have 3.5 sp1, any help is appreciated.
    Nick

Advanced Tuner
    Nick:

Are you using the 3.0 or 3.5? Use 3.5 if you can. Go here and download both links (zip and Microsoft C++ runtime). http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26884

Tuner
    edit
    Last edited by Tiffo60; 08-14-2011 at 12:33 AM.
    15 C7Z M7