Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by roberttimmons View Post
    anybody got an updated download link i wanna try the new version.

Hit up [email protected].
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Ben Diss....

hey hope you don't mind I did some re-formatting on your notes/write up so that it's a little easier to follow. BTW great write up!

http://www.MyVetteSite.com/Files/EQVE.pdf

^^^click link to save file for your tuning session ^^^

BTW... when I did this, and drove around my histogram was just a bunch of zeros??? did I mess something up? I check and double checked your instructions (part of the reason I reformatted them )

thanks for any input!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicVette View Post
    BTW... when I did this, and drove around my histogram was just a bunch of zeros??? did I mess something up? I check and double checked your instructions (part of the reason I reformatted them )

thanks for any input!
    Do you have a wide band sensor and is that what you're using for the histogram plot value?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Diss View Post
    Do you have a wide band sensor and is that what you're using for the histogram plot value?
    Yep, I've got the NGK AFX Wideband. I calibrated it and hooked it up to the EIO on my HP Tuners Pro scanner. I enabled the EIO on port 1 using the NGK PID, it was reading the same as the box on the AFX wideband controller so I know it's working and that the HP Tuners PID is calibrated to match..

Yep, I've got the NGK AFX Wideband. I calibrated it and hooked it up to the EIO on my HP Tuners Pro scanner. I enabled the EIO on port 1 using the NGK PID, it was reading the same as the box on the AFX wideband controller so I know it's working and that the HP Tuners PID is calibrated to match..
    Post your config file and let's take a look.

Okay, here's the "tuning" file (maf fail, and what not)
    http://www.MyVetteSite.com/AtomicVette/tune.hpt

and here's the scanner setup
    Attachment 18096

Okay, here's the "tuning" file (maf fail, and what not)
    http://www.MyVetteSite.com/AtomicVette/tune.hpt

and here's the scanner setup
    Attachment 18096
    I dunno, that looks good. The only thing I see different is I start my MAP labels at 15. I see your's starts with a comma. Don't know if that matters.

You're seeing data from the Air Fuel Ratio Error PID on the table display?

haha, I must have mis-copied that and missed the 15.

the Air Fuel error never had any info in it. so maybe that's the problem, the pid may be mis-configured..

haha, I must have mis-copied that and missed the 15.

the Air Fuel error never had any info in it. so maybe that's the problem, the pid may be mis-configured..
    There you go. You should be seeing values in that PID all the time.

i keep getting Unsupported Parameter when I put the Air Fuel Ratio Error PID in the table and connect to my vehicle.

I'm going to start a new thread for this, this is probably a little off topic from the eq<>ve software.
    Last edited by AtomicVette; 05-31-2009 at 04:41 PM.

What part of the equations should be changed when you put the corrected VE back into equations? Everything changes for me. Including the RPM and MAP boundaries. Is this correct? I would think those would be unchanged.
    Last edited by BADSZ28; 05-31-2009 at 05:10 PM.

OK, after more reading I determined if I uncheck the automatic zoning, it does not change them. But after comparing the two files of equations, the changes are quite significant. Even though most of my %error was 4-6 percent. In some areas as much as 10% though. Guess I will just have to burn it and give it a shot.
    Last edited by BADSZ28; 05-31-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BADSZ28 View Post
    OK, after more reading I determined if I uncheck the automatic zoning, it does not change them. But after comparing the two files of equations, the changes are quite significant. Even though most of my %error was 4-6 percent. In some areas as much as 10% though. Guess I will just have to burn it and give it a shot.
    Yes, this is normal. The numbers will change significantly.

Good to know. Thanks. I forgot the damn cable today. I will give it a try and run with it then. Hoping to squeeze out a GPM or two from my TBSS.

Okay, I need some more guidence.

I've got a log of my AFR % Error and now I'm not quite sure what to do with it.

I loaded my EQ's from the Tune file that I logged from.
    Then applied the %error info to that VE Table.

I'm not sure how to get this new table smoothed though? I was thinking you could do the smoothing in the eq<>ve program, then convert to EQ and copy back to HP Tuners.

As it stands right now I'd have to copy the un-smoothed EQ's into Hp Tuners then do the smoothing in HP Tuners (Not sure if I can do that since I don't have actual VE Tables in Hp Tuners)

Thanks for any more help you can offer.

Advanced Tuner
    You can smooth it out inside my program, you can either use the graph by grabbing the intersecting lines and moving them up or down or type into the grid on the VE table screen. In both screens, you need to enable edits by clicking the "enable edits" in the top area under the menu or it is also under the menu.

Senior Tuner
    Hey, simple question, what language was this software written in and is the open source available?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

when applying the data from the log, what settings should I use? I would assume multiply by percent. but here's what I get. no matter which method i use, add, subtract, multiply half...

Original VE as Scanned
    Attachment 18383

EQ<>VE Data Settings
    Attachment 18384

And here's the result of that application.

Attachment 18385
    Last edited by AtomicVette; 06-10-2009 at 09:25 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    when applying the data from the log, what settings should I use? I would assume multiply by percent. but here's what I get. no matter which method i use, add, subtract, multiply half...

Original VE as Scanned
    Attachment 18383

EQ<>VE Data Settings
    Attachment 18384

And here's the result of that application.

Attachment 18385

What year is the car, why did you check the VE% check mark on the VE table screen? You really shouldn't have that checked.