Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3

Tuner in Training

Ctrl V paste EQ_VE 3.5 BEQ corrupts VCM GMVE coeffs in E38 ECU

HI,
    I have just noticed an issue with GM_VE generated equations. Has anyone else seen this?

Problem description.
    ECU VE air values toggle between 0 & 511.99 after pasting tuned equation coeffs from EQ_VE using Ctrl V.

Process followed
    1) copy equation data from base tune. Ctrl C
    2) gen a new VE table from copied eq's
    3) apply corrections to ve table from scan data.
    4) generate new eq's from modded VE table
    5) paste eq's into VCM editor using CTRL V.
    So Far so good the eq data matches in both eg-ve and vcm editor.
    If the ECU is started in or std Maf and sd enabled it throws some MAP and flow dtc's then fails to MAF only mode.
    In SD only the engine stalls after starting.
    A scan of the GM VE air with sd lookups disabled it runs O.K but a scan GM Ve Air pid reports either 0 or 511.99 flows.

6) Open editor and EQ-VE programs.
    7) Copy eq's back from editor into EQ_ve.
    8) Gen new table from loaded eq's
    9) calculated table is filled with duff values which exceed 1,000,000 !!!

If the saved BEQ file from step is reloaded the file a new VE table corresponds to eq's and has good values in it.

Pasting BEQ data via spreadsheet using transpose paste special puts data in however the EQ_VE cannot subsequently read the modded eq's!!.
    Curiously there is no obvious difference between the equations copied back in step 7 and the reloaded versionfrom the BEQ file saved in step 4.

Version Info
    ECU e38 - OS id 12612381
    VCM Suite - 2.23 Beta
    Eq_VE v 3.5
    Last edited by ninjasta; 09-08-2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: corrected typos

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjasta View Post
    HI,
    I have just noticed an issue with GM_VE generated equations. Has anyone else seen this?

Problem description.
    ECU VE air values toggle between 0 & 511.99 after pasting tuned equation coeffs from EQ_VE using Ctrl V.

Process followed
    1) copy equation data from base tune. Ctrl C
    2) gen a new VE table from copied eq's
    3) apply corrections to ve table from scan data.
    4) generate new eq's from modded VE table
    5) paste eq's into VCM editor using CTRL V.
    So Far so good the eq data matches in both eg-ve and vcm editor.
    If the ECU is started in or std Maf and sd enabled it throws some MAP and flow dtc's then fails to MAF only mode.
    In SD only the engine stalls after starting.
    A scan of the GM VE air with sd lookups disabled it runs O.K but a scan GM Ve Air pid reports either 0 or 511.99 flows.

6) Open editor and EQ-VE programs.
    7) Copy eq's back from editor into EQ_ve.
    8) Gen new table from loaded eq's
    9) calculated table is filled with duff values which exceed 1,000,000 !!!

If the saved BEQ file from step is reloaded the file a new VE table corresponds to eq's and has good values in it.

Pasting BEQ data via spreadsheet using transpose paste special puts data in however the EQ_VE cannot subsequently read the modded eq's!!.
    Curiously there is no obvious difference between the equations copied back in step 7 and the reloaded versionfrom the BEQ file saved in step 4.

Version Info
    ECU e38 - OS id 12612381
    VCM Suite - 2.23 Beta
    Eq_VE v 3.5
    Found the reason corruption - I transpires that if you turn a graphical view of the coeffs before sending the data the equations into the editor the transferred values become corrupted.

I have several questions. I am using a CTS-V 3 bar map sensor in my 2011 Sierra 5.3 Supercharged truck. I reset the parameters and it runs good. I set up the HPT Scanner PID with the AFR error % pid. I ran a scan and then ran the VE_EQ program. I imported the HPT equations from the editor with the eight windows open and then generated the equations. Opened the VE table and enabled editing using .6625 l instead of .775 I used the 3 bar drop down. I then inported the scanner data into the program resetting the count to 1. I then checked the multiply option and applied the data. The chart came up with RPM at the top and RPM on the sides with all the data from the AFR error % Histo open. All the data matched and a majority of the cells were filled. When I applied the data to the VE table only the lower end table changed the upper KPA Map side did not change. This was from 60kpa to 165kpa. There were entries in these areas. My AFR Err% histo matches the 3 bar VE tables exactly on both RPM and MAP.

My questions are: am I using the right table in the VE_EQ program, should all the data change all the cooresponding cells in the VE table when I apply the Scanner data.

When I generated the new equations and sent them to the HP Tuners editor it drastically changed the tables in the HP tuners editor. I did reflash the truck and it ran ok. I want to make sure I am using the right tables before I continue further. Thanks for the help as I am relatively new to the late model PCM tuning as the earlier ECU's were different they used VE tables. I am learning the new coefficient methods. Your program seems great and is much appreciated. Let me know what else you may need for information.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
    Last edited by hhoelle; 11-21-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    2011 GMC Sierra 4X4 SLE Lysholm 2300 Supercharger 5" BDS Lift, 33X12.50X20 Nitto's and 20" Chrome Wheels.

Tuner in Training
    I cannot get the data from my scanner. It just comes up as Zero's am I doing something wrong or is there another way to import the data to the program?
    2019 Camaro SS A10
    Long Tubes, CAI, Ported lt2 intake, Ported TB, and Flex fuel.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 07 z71 silverado View Post
    I cannot get the data from my scanner. It just comes up as Zero's am I doing something wrong or is there another way to import the data to the program?
    I assume you're talking about the VE table portion? Same thing happens to me. I have to copy my STFT log and click on the "Apply data from clipboard"

Does this program even work anymore? I can't seem to get the hooks to work with the beta.

Same here.... using Beta 2.23.566
    TSP H/C 430WHP

I think this is a great program. I'm starting get the hang of how it works but I have a query for you thats beginning to frustrate me.

I want to keep my stock RPM and MAP boundaries.... I understand if you change data it changes the boundaries..... But eg. If I throw just the stock one in, using the LS2 VE Table and sent it back to HP tuners it changes the lot without me changing a thing on the VE table itself.

eg. My car is a 2009 VE SS 6.0 Gen4 V8. The way the VE is primarily setup is to mostly filter the maf under 4000rpm....... hence the stock boundaries.... so it's more accurate around town......

How can I stop the program changing this? Can I just set the stock boundaries but have all the other changed data?

nm figured it out.... u gotta make sure you have off the auto set boundaries before importing the stock data from hp tuners.

Tuner in Training
    cant get the link to downlaod can someone send this to [email protected]?

Tuner in Training
    I am trying to get the bluecat link to download will someone send me a link or copy to [email protected] please

2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    thanks alot mowton.....

Use hpt beta. Has virtual VE editor built in.

Tuner
    Have there been any problems in the HPT beta? Is it just as accurate as using the Bluecat Tool? I have been using the Bluecat tool for awhile, just haven't tried the Beta version yet.
    Bryan

I haven't seen any issues with it but haven't used it extensively. There were crash issues in the beginning but those should be resolved.

What I never liked with blue cat's tool was if you took whatever it outputted.. put it back in as the input, made no changes, you'd still get a different output. Well, that and it was a pain to copy/paste everything back and forth with it crashing all the time.

If I remember correctly the blue cat tool adjusts the zone boundaries for you too. I don't think the HPT tool does that.

Any updates on this, or good "how to's"?

The how to is "use the built in virtual VE editor". It's built into VCM Editor now.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    Hi Guys,

I realize the VVE Table is in HP tuners.

Is the "link" still available for the original tool?

It would be interesting to study the calculations.

Best Regards,

Bruce