Thread: Question about MAP readings in scanner

Tuner in Training

Question about MAP readings in scanner

So I finally got around to starting to play with my HP tunners and trying to log some runs. I will be going to the track this weekend and would like to log my runs. little back ground. I have a procharged 347 01 Trans am firehawk. It currently has a 2 bar tune in it and a MAP sensor from a SS cobalt. When I was logging data in my scanner it shows my MAP maxing out at 105 kpa I would like to see what this is actually reading so I can calculate my actual boost. Is there something I need to change or what. Thanks in advance.

Dan

Tuner in Training
    You can change the units used in the chart display from kPa to psi by "right clicking" on the chart display window and selecting "chart configuration".

By default I believe the MAP is under the "Chart 2" tree view selection. Just change the Units to psi in the drop down menu.

Hope this helps.
    2001 Trans AM - 383 STS Turbo @ 9lbs - M6

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk037 View Post
    So I finally got around to starting to play with my HP tunners and trying to log some runs. I will be going to the track this weekend and would like to log my runs. little back ground. I have a procharged 347 01 Trans am firehawk. It currently has a 2 bar tune in it and a MAP sensor from a SS cobalt. When I was logging data in my scanner it shows my MAP maxing out at 105 kpa I would like to see what this is actually reading so I can calculate my actual boost. Is there something I need to change or what. Thanks in advance.

Dan
    If you are running our 2 bar custom operating system simply follow the instructions in the help file to load the 2 bar sensor pid into your table display.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Wow, I must have had more of a buzz than I thought when I typed that response.

Never drink and type.
    2001 Trans AM - 383 STS Turbo @ 9lbs - M6