Thread: HELP, can't seem to data log....

Tuner in Training

Unhappy HELP, can't seem to data log....

with just the interface in the car. Keeps going into error mode and won't log a single bit of info.

I hooked up my LC1 recently, and got it all working with the laptop and VCM scanner hooked up to the car. Did a Write config. so the data logger would record all the wide band O2 info, and now it won't do anything other go into error mode every time I try to use as a standalone (interface only)

Ideas? Any way to see what is causing the error?

Thanks,
    Todd

Try to rewrite the config. Make sure the config is setup for the car. I would scan with the computer first to check it, then write the config again once you know it is good.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00 View Post
    Try to rewrite the config. Make sure the config is setup for the car. I would scan with the computer first to check it, then write the config again once you know it is good.

Thank you!

I figured it out. I had saved the Configuration, but it was on another vehicle. I didn't realize I had to make a whole new one for every specific vehicle. So now I know that for every vehicle (Guessing it's vin specific?) I have to save a configuration for that specific vehicle.

This would be a pita for someone who data logs different vehicles on a regular basis.

I my self do a few as it is. Is there a way to set up a generic configuration that would be there for any car?

-Todd

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTIVNM View Post
    Thank you!

I figured it out. I had saved the Configuration, but it was on another vehicle. I didn't realize I had to make a whole new one for every specific vehicle. So now I know that for every vehicle (Guessing it's vin specific?) I have to save a configuration for that specific vehicle.

This would be a pita for someone who data logs different vehicles on a regular basis.

I my self do a few as it is. Is there a way to set up a generic configuration that would be there for any car?

-Todd
    Operating system specific, different pid's, locations, etc for each OS make it impossible for a "generic" config to work for every vehicle.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Exactly what Bill said. Some PIDs are not available in different OSs. I tune many cars and use the standalone data logging, I just write the config once I get done reading the initial tune. I connect to reset the fuel trims, write the config, and start tuning.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB