Page 60 of 115 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2296

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Hey y'all, I have a 98 BMW Z3 w/a LSx in it and I really could use some help in figuring out who hardware to buy to get to the tune. And then... how to use HPT to adjust things.

About 10 yrs ago I used SCT Pro Racer and was succesful at tuning 3 different fords. NA,SC, and even a dry shot of nitrous (ramped up). So at least I have a little experience and not a complete newb.

My first tash with this Z3 is how to get to the tune. This BMW has a OBD2 port but it seems to not function w/a regular actron scanner. However the guy who built the car said vengeance racing used it to tune the car. So I'm confused and too far away to take the car back to them. Is there something different about BMW's OBD2 port?
    Any pointers would be appreciated!
    Thanks, Rich in Oh

Basically to be able to read/write tunes and do data logging you at least need "VCM Suite". Both standard/pro versions use the same software. The pro has the advantage of being able to connect to external sensors (i.e. a wideband) so you can log the wideband right along side the other parameters. This makes WOT tuning much, much easier.

I would personally lean you towards the pro version.. too many get the lower one then wish they had upgraded. It costs more to upgrade later than it costs to buy it up front.

http://www.hptuners.com/order.php

As far as how/what to change.. that's pretty much a novel or two. Greg Banish has some books and DVD's on theory and there are tons of posts here/people willing to help if you're willing to take the time to figure it out
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    Thanks schpenxel

Potential Tuner
    Howdy, My name is James and I'm a helicopter pilot and have been a back yard mechanic all of my life and just finished an LS swap into my 65 C10 and am now trying to learn the world of tuning. I have the HPtuners Pro and got a base tune by Frost. So now on to learning.

Potential Tuner
    Hi My name is Stevie, from Biloxi Ms. I mainly do corvette work ,but venture out on other GM products from time to time. I'm Happy to be here.

Potential Tuner
    Jason - retired military - former bar and coffee shop owner - entrepreneur
    Hobbies - beer brewing and woodworking
    Tampa, FL
    I've owned all sorts of luxury sports cars and SUVs. I have held on to a 2002 Camaro SS, that I bought new while in the military, for sentimental reasons. It was my first divorce gift to myself. It's been so ridiculously modified from stock it's almost unstreetable and not comfortable to drive. It took a well respected auto shop owner to realize it. Anyway, I have a lot of time on my hands. I'm very tech savvy and ready to jump into tuning again. It's been quite a while.

Tuner
    Hi, my name is john fraser, I'm from Swansea south wales uk, mostly been involved with rover v8's and played around with megasquirt and megajolt on them. Next build be a LM7/4l60e out of suburban.

Just wanted to be proper and say hello ,I'm Matt from Toledo, Ohio
    I see I have a lot to learn as well as a lot to read!
    stoked to be a part of the Hp Tuner community.....build classics and trying to keep all of them from turning LS ,wish me luck !
    Thank you in advance!

Tuner
    Im mike stationed in kings bay Georgia, On shore duty. Trying to get all aspects of building my car under my belt.

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name is Jay and I have an addition to, oh wait, that's not here.

What I'm here trying to tune right now isn't nearly as fancy as most of the cars. Well, any of the cars. It's pretty much the least flashy thing here actually I bet. Right now it's a 99 Chevy Astro van with 244,000 miles on her. She's a great van, but getting a little tired. Recently I've replaced the spider fuel injector assembly, distributor, both O2 sensors, intake gaskets (one was leaking). I've done an EGR Block off and disabled that with HPtuners (I'd have to hit 155 to enable it). I've also bumped up the idle a little bit.

I'm not a total van dork though. I have a 2015 Mustang GT Vert and a 2014 Dodge 4x4. Those are staying stock until the warranty expires. Probably.

My only tuning experience came from a 2002 Camaro SS. I used LS-1 edit with that. However, I've drank a LOT since then and don't remember a whole lot about it.

Anyway, just want to learn to get a little better gas mileage and maybe make Old Blue a little Peppier. Thanks!!

What a Ride!!
    2014 Velocity Yellow C7 Vert
    2014 Dodge Ram 4x4
    2018 Hills Green Ram 2500 CTD

Potential Tuner
    New guy checking in. Having fun playing around with HP tuners. Looking to get some schooling next year.

These are my test mules.

Hi, My name is Marty, SE Michigan. Just finished a 2 yr LS swap from a donor PPV into a 69 Camaro. Have done practically every aspect of automotive work or development at some point in the past....now onto things unseen. I've spent far too much time getting the other points of this particular car "right" to hand it over to someone else to finish. Did I mention I fear electrical & code? My project started / ran for the first time last week, now I'd like it to run much better.

All- forgive me for the questions I am about to ask....

Tuner in Training
    Hi Guys my name is Matt I'm just getting into HP Tuners, I have some ecm tuning experience in other platforms but none with HP tuners. I look forward to learning more about the interface and software. I currently put together a very budget conscious Volvo with a 5.3 LS1 turbo its been really fun producing some great results thus far. Here is a video of a recent track visit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HKNj10hCp4

Potential Tuner
    Hi, My name is John from Seymour, Indiana. I have a 1972 C10 that I swapped in a 03 5.3L with a 4L80E transmission. I just finished up putting a On3 Performance 76mm turbo on it. And have been trying to work thru some issues with it to get it back on the road. I'm very much a newbie with the hptuners software! lol

Potential Tuner
    Hey all, I'm Scott from Columbus, Ohio. I just became a proud owner of HP Tuners. I am currently building a 2006 Buick Rainier with an LS2 twin turbo setup. Our daily is another Buick Rainier that has a III Gen aluminum block 5.3 (Born with an LH6 IV Gen), which is the vehicle I am currently tuning on (E40 ECM)
    I look forward to learning all I can from Y'all as well as passing my knowledge on to others (Mechanical Engineer, fabricator, Gear Head)

Tuner in Training
    Hi, I'm Philip from Marana AZ, it is just north of Tucson. Currently building a 72 Chevelle wagon with an L29 454 and 4L80. Soon will be buying the VCM suite to tune in preparation for an 0411 PCM swap.
    72 Chevelle wagon 7.4L L29, 4L80E, GM 4 wheel disc brakes

Just realized I never made an introduction.

Just realized I never made an introduction.

My name is Jim Holley (like the carburetor), and I live in the Indianapolis metro area.
    I'm building/modding a older W body Regal for mostly track, albeit, will be a daily driver in the good weather. I'm setting the car up for a "SCCA Street Prepared" class, as we used to run some time ago. I ran a C-SP VW Scirrocco, as well, my brother and attorney both ran Porsche 911's, and my atty also had a IT rabbit, so co-driving any of them was great fun.

Scirrocco II.JPG SAVE0010.JPG (nice Coke ad)

My hopes is after spending "test tuning time" on my basically stock Regal GSE, once I get all I can from the stock setup, other than intake, exhaust and a few tricks, I'll begin the top "engine mods". My first priority is the suspension. Having been involved with building many of the best GT Class Porsche 911/914, I've got everything down pretty good, except the ECU tuning. As well, it doesn't hurt to have a couple of the best suspension guys at your disposal.

P8310018.JPG This was built from the black 911 above, and is it's "3rd generation" as it was transformed 3 times to this.

Although not totally new to tuning or computers, this is my first real time tuning with a computer. Being a die hard Muscle car guy, I've owned dozens, and they were all "fooled with" in some manner.
    From GTO's to Camaro's to Mustangs, all old school, my first S/C car was the T-Bird Super Coupe, which I loved, however, in those days, tuning was not as easy. It was more about who had the best chip, or replacement ECU based on your mods.

I can say, I'm happy to be here, glad I went Pro, and thankful for the help so far, as I am sure I'll need more.
    Stay sage, drive it like you stole it and keep it between ditches.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Potential Tuner
    hi all, Mark here in Mn new to the tuning world and I'm gonna learn on my 05 V1, my mods are in my sig. I Hope to gain some knowledge off this Forum and look forward to making some new gearheaded friends.
    2005 CTS-V 366 LS2, 4.009" JE Pistons, Harland Sharp 1.7 Rollers, K&N CAI, ATI Balancer, 227/235 114 +2.5 Comp Cam, BTR .660 Springs, LS7 lifters, LS7 clutch, Wilwood PMC Clutch Master Cylinder, PISSNUOFF Hurst Short Throw, Stock 243's, 78mm LS6 TB and Intake Manifold, 28# injectors, 160* T-Stat, TR55 plugs, 1-7/8 Long Tubes cat delete, stock resonator, AEM 30-4110 Wideband

Potential Tuner
    Hello, Mike here from just outside Nashville. I recently bought an 09 ctsv and a pile of parts. I had XFI on my last car and the HP tuners is all new to me, so I have a lot to learn.

Tuner in Training
    Hi I'm Steve from Colorado Springs CO, I'm not a tuner but would love to learn, I'm a MOPAR guy I own a 2014 5.7 Supercharged, that is tuned with HP and I have been reading the Dodge forums and I have actual learned a lot and have copied some info for my tuner which is new to the Hemi, really like how everybody helps everybody.