Page 57 of 115 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2289

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Tuner in Training
    hello everyone, my name is Justin. just joined up but have been reading thru the forum for a while now. finally purchased my pro unit a few months ago. looking to start tuning myself and looking for some help along the way. thanks in advance guys.

Potential Tuner
    Hey Guy's

I own a small Fab shop specializing in EFI swaps, Over the years we had a local tuner do all OUR work with PCM tuning , Unfortunately That owner closed the shop to concentrate more on his Family run business. This has prompted me as a owner to invest in HP for we can simply get them up and running with a clean Base file. I hope we can share what we've done in the past as well as present, This is a GREAT community as I feel honored to be a part of.

Potential Tuner
    Morning all, I'm a older mechanic. I am not totally computer illiterate but am no computer genius. Can anyone recommend any literature I can read to get a better grasp on tuning? Thanks in advance.
    If you got time to do it wrong, you got time to do it twice!

Potential Tuner
    Sup guys , new guy from Houston ,Tx. Always learning and exploring new things, see a lot of helpful information here already.

Tuner in Training
    Names Clinton,

Plans for doing some tuning to my 2500hd 6.0 Brand new to the game, Race car builder driver, 1971 Alston Chassis Vega, Been threw 410 sprint cars, dirt mods, super late models, now i'm in drag racing. Basic tuner package and an Lc-2 kit for tuning my race car. Trying to get in to the future of racing tuning and hp.
    2005 Chevy C4500 Kodiak, Daily Driver and RV Puller.
    Straight pipe 5 inch stacks
    HP Tuner Twisted
    Monroe Tow Body
    Link Air ride

Quote Originally Posted by Webbracing03 View Post
    Names Clinton,

Plans for doing some tuning to my 2500hd 6.0 Brand new to the game, Race car builder driver, 1971 Alston Chassis Vega, Been threw 410 sprint cars, dirt mods, super late models, now i'm in drag racing. Basic tuner package and an Lc-2 kit for tuning my race car. Trying to get in to the future of racing tuning and hp.
    Welcome, The 6.0 is a good one to tune on good luck. Where you located?

Tuner in Training
    Tacoma Wa, Area
    2005 Chevy C4500 Kodiak, Daily Driver and RV Puller.
    Straight pipe 5 inch stacks
    HP Tuner Twisted
    Monroe Tow Body
    Link Air ride

Potential Tuner
    Hi Guys,
    Names Tim, just bought a pro package looking forward to working with some factory ECU's as opposed to going stand alone like I have been on all my other projects.

Potential Tuner On-Site Performance & EFI's Avatar
    Hi fellow hpt folks,

My names Colin I've been a mechanic for over 10yrs now, new to tuning. Built a few tough N/a Cammed engines for customers, friends & myself. Hoping to learn tune to take my knowledge & Mobile Mechanical business to the next level.

Potential Tuner
    Hi Everyone,
    My name is Mark, I live in the Atlanta area. I'm currently 49 years of age and, as Forest Gump would say, I've worn lots of shoes. Framed custom homes for many years, retail hunting sales, car stereo install, rental property management and currently residential safe installs and relocations. Lots of hobbies. Guns, long range rifle is my favorite. NRA Benefactor member. Hand loading/reloading. Astronomy/astro photography photography. Home theater computers (never programming) car stereo (at 49 I still have to rock!). I have more tools than most small repair shops including oxyacetylene, 12x24 floor lathe and a Bridgeport milling machine. For the most part all self taught.
    I have a 2000 Silverado Xcab I bought new. At the 333,088 mile mark 1st gear stopped working. 1st and only problem with the original 4L60e!! Since I often pull very heavy loads I decided to upgrade the 5.3 to a 6.0 LY6 from a 2008 Silverado with low miles. I replaced the VVT parts with an LS3 cam, valve springs and pushrods. I wanted to stay with DBC (a move I may come to regret) so I replaced the 78mm (?) TB with a 90mm. JBA headers, true dual exhaust and yanked the cats. New radiator w/electric fans, extra trans cooler and engine oil cooler. When I get my BBC LS water pump adapters made I'll add the electric water pump. The project started as a transmission swap to a 4L80e. But if I'm gonna spend that much I might as well spend 3 times more and replace everything possible. I've done absolutely everything by myself. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel but these last few issues are really testing my sanity. The tune is one area where I may have been better served to have paid a shop. But I'm committed now so I'm reading everything I can. Trying hard to take advantage of the intellectual resources offered here on the forums and customer support. Not to mention the internet as a whole. I've only been lurking up to this point but I'm sure I'll be more "vocal" in the days to come. I've gotta get this thing back on the road!
    Thanks for reading. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys,
    New to tuning here. Just purchased my pro kit. Bought it to mainly tune my 99 Camaro Z28. Been toying with cars for the past 10 years as both a hobby and as a career for a while. Been reading through the forums and there's a lot of good info here. Hats off to the veterans who have made this place what it is and thanks in advance for any help I'm sure I will need.

Potential Tuner
    My VERY first time playing with something like this. Trying it out on a bit of a challenge--nothing like leaping instead of crawling first, right? Putting an LQ9 6.0 in a flex-fuel '06 Avalanche replacing the L59 5.3 liter motor.

Starting out more than kind-a rocky. Had issues getting the computer to take my barely modded first tune before I yanked the battery (gave up there & just went on w/the engine swap). THOUGHT I had everything in and ready, when on initial start attempt forgot that I had had the write-fails on the tune and she wouldn't fire at all. Tried uploading my tune and it went in right away, but now have no spark. Checking/double checking my grounds, also sent my wife in for a new battery (discovered old one wasn't up to cranking a new motor) so my next thought is to flash out the new tune and put the original one back in to see if that will get me started.

Hoping and praying for the best!!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by OttFam View Post
    My VERY first time playing with something like this. Trying it out on a bit of a challenge--nothing like leaping instead of crawling first, right? Putting an LQ9 6.0 in a flex-fuel '06 Avalanche replacing the L59 5.3 liter motor.

Starting out more than kind-a rocky. Had issues getting the computer to take my barely modded first tune before I yanked the battery (gave up there & just went on w/the engine swap). THOUGHT I had everything in and ready, when on initial start attempt forgot that I had had the write-fails on the tune and she wouldn't fire at all. Tried uploading my tune and it went in right away, but now have no spark. Checking/double checking my grounds, also sent my wife in for a new battery (discovered old one wasn't up to cranking a new motor) so my next thought is to flash out the new tune and put the original one back in to see if that will get me started.

Hoping and praying for the best!!
    Wow--talk about ground wires! HELPFUL to crawl ALL around a vehicle searching for those pesky things!! Got it, and she started! Now to get her tuned up!

Potential Tuner
    my name is Rob. I have tuned my own cars for years. this is my first time using HPT.
    The guys around here take their cars to local shops and spend a lot of money for a tune. everyone of them either say good or bad things about evey tuner shop. I decided to dive in and do this myself rather than take chance spending money for a crapy tune. if I am going to have a crapy tune, it will be my crapy tune.

my car is a 1953 belair 5.3/4l80e swap. right now it has a base tune no real mods. plans are for a top end build and a turbo. this will be a cruiser I can take to the track once in a while.

I am hoping to find a lot of necessary information to be at least moderately good at tuning my own car and not have to rely on others and hope they are moderately good enough.

thank you.

Potential Tuner
    HI! my name is Ricky I'm 23, cars are my passion I currently own a 2007 Chevy Monte Carlo. 1st car ever I will attempt to learn to tune myself. I'm mainly familure with the carb set ups but figured time to get into fuel injection tuning. recently purchased hp tuners hoping to have it this Thursday. so I'll be on here asking for some help, looking forward to the world of tuning and excited about the future advice from you guys. I'm a little nervous on the tuning part especially once I start installing the bolt-ons. thanks guys

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I'm Chance. I admit I too am an addict. A speed and Horsepower addict I just bought HPTuners Pro tor an upcoming injectors swap on my Silverado. Don't know much about reading the logs but from what I've seen of the program; I wish I woulda pulled the trigger and bought it sooner!!

Tuner in Training
    G?day all
    My name is Jim
    Just started with HP tuners Pro ? In another life I was a motor mechanic, I have a good understanding of the mechanical aspect, however my hands on experience with fuel injected vehicles at that time was pretty much limited to diesel and some European imported cars. I have 5 Holden Commodores from 1995 to 2015 all computer controlled fuel delivery systems so, time to learn.
    Reading through some of the forum discussions it is going to a challenge, but whats life without a challenge.

My name is Joe and I am located in Northern Virginia. I am a retired Telecom executive that has raced motorcycles and cars most of my life. I put myself through college working as a line mechanic at an equipment rental company. I have drag raced and road raced motorcycles and continue to drag race cars. I own a supercharged 4Runner that I designed and adapted from an off road TRD truck. My slow bike is a Harley and my quick bike is a turbocharged and nitrous fed Hayabusa. My street car is a 2012 Mustang with a new VMP GEN II Stage 3 kit -and- the ultimate reason behind my purchase of HPTuners VCM Suite. I know the SCT side of the house but wanted to get some experience with HPTuners. I am not familiar with earlier versions of VCM, but so far Version 3 seems to be pretty sweet. Thanks.
    Last edited by 15PSI; 02-24-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Hi everyone,
    I'm Eric from Iowa and I'm in the Engineering world as I'm a 3D/2D designer & drafter using anything from AutoCAD to Inventor etc.
    I've drag raced cars, bikes for many years, moved to back to cars now since the LS world happened

I just made the big plunge and got HP tuners to have the ability to do it on my 2002 C5 YSI, E85 drag car & 54 Ford (LS swapped w/ nitrous) - Currently both tuned by Speed Inc but need the ability to do the simple things (not tuned related) for now since its 300 miles to have them change anything.

Pretty nervous/anxious about it as I don't want to mess anything up as both cars run well.

Potential Tuner
    Hi I'm Les, I purchased HP Tuners a few years ago to tune my 2004 ecotec cavalier with a m62 supercharger, and finally got on the forums because I bought a Cobalt SS/SC to have fun with. Can't wait to tune!