Page 49 of 115 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Hello my name is Dwight I am currently a ground service tech ( work on all types of ground service equipment for aircraft) I put an ly5 engine,trans and ac unit out of a 07 silverado in a 72 chevy shortbed. I built the harness for the truck but sent the ecm and tcm to a program pro. The truck didn't perform correctly and they tried to fix the program but it didn't get better also they quit doing programming so I decided to give it a try. I purchased the HP pro and was able to correct some of the problems and hopefully with a little more time and knowlege this truck will as good as it looks.I am currently working on making the trans. shift firmer and at the correct time engine is running very good now. Thanks in advance for any help you all provide.

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name is John and I run an auto repair shop in Savannah, Ga. I have a 98 corvette with repeat column lock/ pull key messages. The LMC5 module from Compliance Parts has been installed but I'm still having issues with it. The car will still intermittently shut off at 2mph. I have found the problem to be with the BCM itself. Richard from Compliance Parts is very knowledgeable on this subject and is recommending turning the 2mph shut off up to the max mph. 299mph I think. He is saying HP Tunners can do this. Has anyone had any experience with this feature with the programmer?

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys My name is John everybody calls me JK I have a 2003 Hummer H2 I am new to tuning and need some help. Where can I post my ECM tune?
    I just purchased a wide band gauge, I'm in the surveillance Business and Repair and Build PC's My Site in www.allprosurveillance.com My email is [URL="[email protected]"][email protected]

need Help with my tune Hummer H2 6.0
    Comp Mutha THUMPER CAM 54-601-11
    42# Injectors
    Corvette Intake (LS1)
    Ported Throttle Body2011-11-30_13-07-02_666.jpg
    JBA HEADERS
    BORED .30
    NO CATSs

Tuner in Training
    Hey, I'm Billy and a completely new to tuning. Just got my HPT after lurking around for about a year. I'm have cut down factory harness for engine swaps, and have to relay on other people to kill VATS, and other stuff to get thing going. I hope to be able to figure that out first, then move on to tuning. I have gathered the stuff together to build a TPI engine, with an early LS ecm, and coil on plug. ( I have a LOT of TPI stuff sitting around) I'm going to try to put together a program to make it work. I'm most confused about the whole credit system, I will fill better when I understand that better.

Hope I might be able to contribute to the forum one day.
    THanks Billy
    Last edited by X-cabsquarebody; 03-30-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys, my name is Armando from AZ.I am a certified technician for 3 dealerships, but I'm new to tuning. I will be getting hpt in about a month and looking to gain as much knowledge I can to setup my three silverados, and hopefully contribute in the future. thanks...

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys, My name is Mike and I've been turning wrenches on cars for 20+ years. My current hobby car is an 07 G6 with an LE5 stock motor. Lookin to make some changes and since cars are computers now a days, might as well learn how to tune em.

Tuner in Training
    Howdy Every one,
    Similar to many of you i am sure, I purchased HP Tuners to finish a project that we'd rather do our selves than source it out to some one else.
    Im wrapping up an engine swap im my 2005 Chevy Blazer zr2, I have removed the power robbed 4.3L LU3 and Replaced it with a 5.3L LM7.
    This swap was done out of necessity as much as it was choice. Last year i sunk my truck in an offroad event and contemplated the swap for some time before actually doing it.

I have a relatively strong computer background and I am a Fire Alarm technician by trade, Strong electrical diagnostic skills.
    Look forward to learning lots of new things. See you out there!

Tuner in Training
    Hey everyone,

My name is JT, Ive had hptuners for about a year now but just started to use it. I purchased the combo deal from thetuningschool. I have a 99 mustang gt with a ls1 swap. Its strictly a 1/8 mile car. I look forward to learning how to tune!

Potential Tuner
    Name's Dawson, Im fiddling around with my cobalt ls 2.2l. Mostly concerned with my dfco and rolling neutral idle. holds at 1500 rpms when decelerating and slow rpm drop when shifting. Thanks for looking

Potential Tuner
    whats up my name is Daniel and I'm gonna tune my first truck(my 2008 TBSS) for the first time hope everything goes good....
    any tips would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance...
    White 2008 TBSS 3ss... K&N intake, Borla proxs exhaust

Potential Tuner
    Howdy everyone, I have a 03 turbo silverado SS and trying to understand the tuning ways. Reading up and referencing all changes made by my tuner right now, and seeing if I can get an understanding. I purchased Hp pro to log data back and forth, plus tune in the future.

Potential Tuner
    Good afternoon everyone! I go by Harv, and I just recently got the bug of wanting to learn to tune. I am a mech engineer and like to tinker with anything automotive/engine related. I have a 2001 Chevy 1500 2wd that I got to be able to tow with and use the truck bed. For the fun factor I rely on my motorcycle ('88 FZR 400) and my mountain bike (2013 Rocky Mountain Slayer 50). I am hoping to squeeze a little more efficiency and performance from the truck, then I can justify buying a newer/more fun vehicle to tune
    2001 Silverado 5.3 2wd (work), 1988 FZR 400(fun)

I'm Chris from Ny, college field was computer science and computer engineering, took up reverse engineering as a hobby, which ultimately got me into tuning and making cars fast by reprogramming the ecu/ecm. Loved always having a stockish car beating on cars making 200+ peak hp. My field in tuning has a huge variety from volkswagens, audis, and porches to mitsubishi, subarus and now back to my first car platform I had when I was younger, chevys. I've learned many ways of tuning to get the end results, originally used tunercats (Still use Tunercats on some VW cars and convert it over to a Damos file for WinOLS) and Jets back in the day, but it is time to step up to the newer models.

Potential Tuner
    Aloha gang, I'm Bill from Oahu, Hawaii. Very new to this stuff. Been an auto mechanic most of my life, but never got into tuning. I have a 2014 Cts-v and got the "bug" to start modding. Unfortunately, My tuning options here are very limited. I have only found one Tuning shop with a dyno. Mixed results on reviews (mostly word of mouth) not sure I trust them with my car. I will look around here for all the info I can find, any tips will be welcomed!

Quote Originally Posted by 808CTS-V View Post
    Aloha gang, I'm Bill from Oahu, Hawaii. Very new to this stuff. Been an auto mechanic most of my life, but never got into tuning. I have a 2014 Cts-v and got the "bug" to start modding. Unfortunately, My tuning options here are very limited. I have only found one Tuning shop with a dyno. Mixed results on reviews (mostly word of mouth) not sure I trust them with my car. I will look around here for all the info I can find, any tips will be welcomed!
    Nice car mate. I'm looking at the 2011 cts-v to maybe pick up. how do you like yours?

Gday … Im Justin from Australia .
    Ive been kicking tyres in Hp's forum's for a little while and finally purchased the kit.
    Im a big fan of beer which almost makes me an engineer I reckon ..lol
    Very happy with the help and advice I have received from all thus far and really look forward to the process from here in..
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Potential Tuner
    Hi Men,
    Im rooster 33yr old - West Coast of Australia.... Auto Mechanic / Spark. Im here to LEARN LEARN LEARN LEARN... I have a decent skill set which im looking forward to applying.
    Intermediate level in database design, programming and configuration in CMMS but new to this which is exciting. I have many questions and heading to Melb to sit an introductory course soon but really want to go prepared in terms of having a decent understanding of the software prior and more importantly the basics of the software capability and limits.
    Apologies for rippin a question straight up here in the introduction thread but could anyone steer me to a user manual or suggest some basics I should pre-read so I get the most out of the course.. I have access to software currently via a friend but limited time so just wanna familirase myself with the front end... Thanks guys
    Rooster

Tuner in Training
    Hi all,

I'm Paul, been messing around with the V6 cars since about 2007, bought my tuner in 2008 and working on my pile on and off since then. finally going to get it back to running after having a broken trans from dyno pulls about 2 years ago. here to learn more about tuning the transmissions as i clearly failed 2 years ago!!!
    - 2001 Grand Prix XGT -- 11.57@122MPH
    - 2010 Chevy 2500HD LTZ -- Car hauler
    - 2011 BMW 328i Xdrive -- Wife's Daily
    - 2008 Ford F350 -- Under powered Pile O' Shit work truck

Tuner
    Hello all,

Im Adam, started getting into the LS game a few years ago.. Decided to get my own Hp Tuners this week and have lots to learn! Current setup is a foxbody with a single turbo 5.3 LS. Looking to get it tuned and looking forward to the help y'all can give me..
    1992 Ford Mustang - LR4 4.8 - BWS475 - LJMS Cam - E85
    1981 Chevy C10 SWB 4.8/60e - air ride *currently building*

Potential Tuner
    I thought I would stop in and introduce myself. I am father of 5, professionally I am a Software Engineer. In the past I have owned all Fords including HP mustangs (Cobra's) etc. I recently purchased
    a 2004 GTO with Ls3 stroker style Iron Block (413) for a toy car. I also have a 1970 Chevelle my father and I are very slowly working on together. Owning pre made muscle cars, I have never understood what was going on with the machine(s) I so proudly drove. I have decided to forgo living in an ignorance bliss and learn about the wonderful machines I drive. One of the areas I am most excited about is tuning. I look forward to learning the different equations, possible algorithms, and general science that are the backbone of EFI tuning( I love math).

I will probably ask a lot of stupid questions, I do promise to use the search function prior to asking stupid questions.