Page 48 of 115 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Hello,

My name is Shawn. I have been building various vehicles for years, and have always gravitated to EFI, even with the classic SBC's. Engine swaps are my love when it comes to building a vehicle. With my most recent project, I'm running into the issue of getting the gauges to work properly after an engine swap without going aftermarket bezel and individual gauges. (I like things to appear OEM)

I currently own a 2008 Pontiac G6, and I'm building a 95 Chevy Cavalier, which has been motor swapped to a 3400 with 3500 top end and high comp pistons, all mated to a 5 speed, which I'm working on swapping to 6 speed. Previous projects include a lifted 2000 Ranger, an 83 Chevy conversion van with a stroked 91 Vette TPI engine, an 81 Camaro with a TPI swap, and an 84 Camaro with a 93 Typhoon 4.3 powerplant.

I will be getting the VCM suite when the car is ready to drive again, but I currently have come here looking for information on the serial data structures for the gauges. I've researched the UART info that my 95 runs on, and I'm learning more about the Class II structure that the late 90's to early 2000's use. I'm also an amature electronics hobbyist, which includes microcontroller programming. My hope is to be able to interface/interpret the Class II data to run my 95 gauges, and ultimately make myself a custom cluster that actually looks OEM.

Other interests and abilites include mechanical design and custom fabrications. My brother-in-law is a CNC machinist, so I have designed many custom items which he makes for me, including motor mounts, EGR adapters, brake swap kits, and torsion bar to coilover conversion brackets for IFS trucks.

Hoping to make some new friends here and learn a lot!

Tuner in Training autooneharbord's Avatar
    hi guys im ben located in Sydney Australia... been around ls1s for a while just recently entered the world of tuning and its a wild ride haha... my car is a 2001 holden vx commodore running a 232/238 lunati cam, ported 241 heads, high rise, 1300cfm throttle body, 120 shot of gas, fresh t700, 4000 tce stall, 1/78 4into1's, high flow cats into a full 3inch stainless exhaust... just a car to cruise around and sound and look good... car is currently un-tuned as im trying to get my head around all this new found goodness so any tips and pointers please fire away haha...

thanks guys.
    2001 holden vx ls1 232/238 lunati cam, ported heads, high rise manifold, 125 shot, tci 4000 stall = fun times

Advanced Tuner
    hi guys, Bret here located perth western Australia...been around cars all me life and been around/building my ls1 for 5years and L76 also , always wanted to tune etc and got sick of spending thousands of dollars on tuning cause to me if it aint 110% spot on I aint happy and I am very very fussy towards anything I do to my cars and want them running at 110% all the time....my weekend warrior(really monthly) is a vxss 2000 has my own comp cam (grind ''THE CHAD'') I lost him to sids at 18mths old, ''street quick performance Dart pro ls1 205cc heads,custom pushrods,yella terra rockers,ported oil pump, dual chain,psi springs etc fast 102mm/nw 102/, 4800 custom converter(my specs) 60lb siemens/2ltr surge tank 044 pump. and 3.90 gears.best so far 10.96/122.64mph 432rwhp...so I love lsx motors and I am building my cars in memory of my son CHAD and next year will be building a vh/vk commodore with a 416 ls3 based motor aiming to atleast run 10.00 N/A with the aim of it all once I'm finished is to have my car make 1000rwhp(boosted) eventually and that it will I wont be happy until it does thanks for your time...R.I.P my little man CHAD
    Last edited by THE CHAD; 12-14-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hey boys i am a Auto Electrician and live in NSW. I am new to the tuning world.
    I currently drive a Ve Sv6 Commodore and wanting the most power out of it N/A safely
    I am planning to put it under NOS but with a very low dry shot.
    I have been monitoring Data through my tech2. Its going to get 3:45 diff gears in it after Xmas.
    Any suggestion or if i can help just tell or ask.

Thanks
    Last edited by PKN; 12-15-2013 at 01:54 AM.

hi there! almost new to hpt , but been around reading this forum because of my brother and want to learn more , f body owner ls1/4l60e thanks !

Advanced Tuner
    Hello all. NEWB here. Just purchased the pro version. Will learn on my modded 1998 GTP. Hope to begin turbo 5.3 swap in my 3rd gen Camaro soon. Previous "tuning" experience was with a carb and a distributor (including jets, floats, pump squirters, dist curve kits, etc) LOL! When I modded my GTP (so many years ago), I watched narrow-band O2's and timing each time I made a change to her (looking for lean condition and KR). Recently helped a stunned kid with a supercharged Maxima who had accel stumble (well, backfire actually). I believe he had an E-manage (im old, dont remember, LOL). I was toying with the throttle and POP. Since I didnt know the interfaces menu, I asked him to find it for me, explained how accel pump works in a carb and how I felt it related to EFI and accel enrichment. He toyed with the settings and cleared the issue up. In my previous life, I was an automotive and diesel mechanic so I know my way around a car/truck

Well, sorry for the ramble. I have been looking at HPTuners for YEARS and I have been afraid to pull the trigger but FINALLY... POW!

Please pray for me... LOL!

Good morning folks,
    My name is Bob Herrick and I live in Plano, Texas.
    I've been a hot rodder for over 40 years, old school stuff, carbs and the like.
    I've owned a HHR SS since 2009 when I bought it new.
    I've been interested in the new way of tuning by computer for a while now and purchased HP Tunes this week.
    I've got it running on a 13" MacBook Air using Parallels 9 with windows xp as a virtual machine.
    It works just fine as I have already done a read and write on my HHR with no issues.
    I have been reading and learning on the forum since 09 and am amazed at the level of sharing that goes on in the "new" tuning world.
    Hp Tuners is a quality product and look forward to working with it.
    -Bob
    Regards,
    Bob Herrick
    Plano, Texas

2009 HHR SS Silver/Ebony w/ 5 Speed Manual.
    Tuning with HP Tuners using a 13" MacBook Air, using Parallels 9 with windows xp as a virtual machine.

Tuner in Training

Talking

Hello,
    My name is Nate I am from Texas.
    24yrs old
    I build all kinds of engines and love fast vehicles of all sorts.
    I started building Fords and SBC a few years ago then found myself into the LSX world as I love the versatility of the platform.
    I am learning as I go but always staying informed and seeking knowledge to perfect the art.
    I currently have a C5 that I am working on and hope to gain great knowledge and experience so that I can deliver tunes of the highest caliber.
    Anyone interested in collaborating?
    please pm me

Thanks.
    Shout out to TheTuningSchool for great material and help.
    Last edited by RatedRtune; 01-25-2014 at 01:56 AM.

Potential Tuner
    dave here.. new to the self tuning world. looking to get a little more kick from my 04 silverado 5.3 auto. just have a can for now but looking to tune it up. just looking around the site for tips and tricks on how to tune. any help from fellow tuners is appreciated! thanks

Hi all! I am back from 2006. I have been recommended here from the "other" forum (actually by the staff!) due to an LHU that I've been desperately trying to tune with the software still under development. I have the same user name there. Actually I have been lurking for a while to study LNF info, there are lots of great things to learn here. Glad to be back, I just want my car running right. I'll be careful what I post until I learn the rules here. I do have a website and YouTube channel for my racing videos. It's time to expand the horizon, I was kind of forced into overflowing here due to the Buick, but I'm glad!
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Potential Tuner
    Hi....my name is Shawn. I recently purchased the HP Tuners Pro. I live in Texas and own a C6 Z06 TT. I recently converted from a 6spd to and auto and need help with gremlins.

Potential Tuner
    greeting everyone.
    I'm cruzn57 and I'm quality control at "shady Lady Ranch"
    new to HP tuners, although one of my cars has been tuned with HPtuner ,
    so I'm here to learn and probably buy a programmer/ tuner/ what ever you call it.
    alot to learn .............

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone, my name is Andrew. I am from Russia. Interested in this product are for personal use and customize your cars.

Tuner in Training
    Hello am Cale from Canada...am a student...this forum is awesome..

Potential Tuner
    selam arkadaşlar ben otoelektrnik ecu tamir yaparım iyi şanslar (hi friends, I otoelektrnik ecu repair do it good luck)

Potential Tuner
    ford focus lp4-335 proplem 8 key ecu ofline

Potential Tuner

ford focus ecu lp4-335 8 key proplem

ford focus ecu lp4-335 8 key proplem start of j3 port read epic 2 read flash read -----eprom 95040 read ok immo

Potential Tuner
    hi friends, I am loyal, izmir,hails from. ford focus lp4-335 ecu 8 key proplem help please selam arkadaşlar ben sadık izmir,den saygılar

Potential Tuner
    Hello, my name is Trent from lima ohio new to programming but have bin working around cars since i was a kid looking for some info regarding my car really told by a good friend that this was a god place to start so hear i am my car is a 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T inline 4cyl. fwd wanting to do more work to to it in blot on's and also programming if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated

Morning all. My name is Rob............gawd I feel like I'm at an AA meeting or something! Anyways, for a living I build assembly lines and automated equipment for the manufacturing industry, mostly automotive. At home I custom fab headers/exhaust systems for race cars/show cars/street cars. I have started my own project that will be a 65 Chevy II, powered by an LM7 gm truck motor and S480 turbo. I know nothing about tuning, and I will be having Donny Walsh tune this thing for me. I am here to learn about what exactly what package I need to purchase for my project. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Rob