Page 41 of 115 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

hey chris here,
    new to software tunning and im looking forward to learning how to tune

Tuner

William here,

I was an engineer for Caterpillar for 13yrs. Now I'm lucky enough to fly helicopters for a living. Have a 2008 GXP. Have been reading posts for the past two weeks trying to learn all I can before I open my big mouth. Not new to tuning as I have tuned and help design many new Caterpillar engines, but the capabilities of this ecm in the Solstice is amazing, but I'm a quick study and it won't take long.

Potential Tuner
    Hey my name is Josh looking to tune my HHR SS

Potential Tuner

New to HPs Family

Hi, Im Howard, I live in central Louisiana, Im working on my first Ls based truck, Iv always done Fords in the past. I work in west tx. And love to Feel the Power And hear the Rumble lol

Tuner in Training
    Greetings all. My name is Steve and I am brand new to HP tuners. I have a 2006 GTO with a newly built LSX 454. Looking forward to good, bad, and opinionated information to help me better understand what my car is doing.

Tuner in Training
    Hello! Jimmy from Wisconsin, I've been lurking for some time now, and this is a great resource. Thanks and kudos to all who've contributed!
    Jimmy

2005 LLY 4x4 3500 DRW 4 door
    AFE 4" Exhaust, AFE Stage II Intake (w/ Bladerunner), HPTUNER software!

2012 Keystone Raptor - 41ft 18k lbs

multiple smaller toys/ trailers/ campers

Potential Tuner

hello all

Hello all! Names Tom and I live and tune in utah! Been tinkering around with cars for years now and have always had to go to someone else to tune for me. Current projects are my 2003 whipple charged escalade ext and my friends turbocharged 2004 cts-v. I figured with all the projects, Id better get this and learn myself. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing product! Countless hours on these forums to help learn whats going on. Thanks to all who take the time to post and help us noobs out!!

Tuner in Training
    Since I have the last post, I must be the newest of the nubies!

Hi. My name is Jackie. I have been working on cars as a hobby (and necessity) for 32 years. I love anything with an engine and aint scared to tackle major projects. I have a few engine/tranny conversions under my belt as well as carb/fuelie conversions.

A couple years ago I started dragracing and haven't been able to get it out of my system. To get my speed fix, I am installing an On3 Performance Turbo kit on my 2005 Mustang Gt. I have never tuned before so this, as I'm told, is an ambitious project.

I have enjoyed reading the posts and they are very helpful. If you have any advice for me please shoot me PM. Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name is Nick. I am from South Carolina. I have some experience with some imports and their tuning. I have done some stock ecu tuning on Evolution 8s and have used dsmlink and aem. I am working on learning the hptuners software. I have a 2000 c3500 with the 7.4 vortec. I also have a few other domestics around that I can play with. Thanks in advance for any help lol.

Potential Tuner
    Hello I purchased a 2007 STS-V Jan 2012. So far I have a D3 stage 1&2 intake, D3 overdrive lower pulley, TimC upper OD pulley, 160 degree thermostat, Frozenboost and Flex-O-Lite charge air heat exchagner, upgraded charge air pump, and a home fabed DynaMax cat back exhaust, I have a HPtuner and a wide band O2/air fuel ratio meter/guage.

Potential Tuner
    A DIYer here, Ray Kircher. I purchased the VCM Suite Std to at least get answers for my gasoline engine and automatic transmission. Hell, I'm very tired of doing complete exchanges as my only answer to truck repair: S10 1999 4.3L 4x4 Vin X. Thank you for the opportunity to join this extreme mechanic forum.

Hello

My name is Jason. I own a 2008 HHR SS with intake, canned tune, new charged air piping, down pipe, and 3 inch exhaust. I'm looking into getting my SS running a bit better. The canned tune doesn't like the intake I have on the SS so I've purchased this software in hopes of rectifying the MAF/MAP data to keep it from running too rich. I look forward to some entertaining and informative conversations on these forums.

Tuner in Training
    Glad to be here. My name is Aaron. I have a 2007 Gmc sierrea Z71 with corsa cat back, cat converter delite and GM performance intake. I have some experience tuning my Pontiac GTP with a digital horsepower unit. Hopefully I figure this thing out as well.

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name's Eric. I've got a 79' Malibu with an LQ4 and 4L60E that runs 11.20s, it's got a FAST 102/NW102, 231/234 cam, and PRC 2.5 243 heads. I've also got a daily driven 07' Silverado Classic with a GMPP catback, Airaid intake tube, and K&N drop in filter. Been wanting to get the program for a while and finally received it earlier this week and have just been slowly learning.

Tuner in Training
    Joe Huneycutt 02 camaro lsx 444 8.54 156 all motor, been using hp tuner for 8plus years, from mild to wild have tuned cars making as much as 1600rwhp with hp tuners. Worked at LMR for 5 years tuning cars and now have decided to open my own shop.
    KP Racing, building a 6000 square foot shop in Houston texas with mustang dyno md 1100. To open in mid august.

Hi my Name is Chris. Im from Western Aust. I own a HSV (G8) GTS 2009 with a LS3 with 2 garret GT35R turbos. I tuned my first motor after many hours of reading and pateince. I have just built a low compression LS3 418ci CNC Heads so I can run a bit more PSI.

Greetings Mates: I have this 97 Monte Carlo. I bought it used. It had a lot of elecvtrical problems. But I've been a mechanic most of my life plus an electronics tecfh for the Air Force. So I thought that I knew how to trouble shoot. However I'd bever heard of VATS. Stopped for lunch and when we started to leave the car wouldn't crank. After we got it home we found all sorts of strange things happing. The battery had gone flat zero dead. So bad that it killed the jumper cables. Charged up the battery (disconected). Of course still no crank. But whe I switched ign off the cooling fan came on. Had to diconect the battery. After afew days of finding what it wasn't, I discovered VATS. What a dirty trick GM has played on me. After a week of fighting the Aug heat I finally worked me way up the the VATS modual. I've bypassed it with that little 50Hz oscilater ckt that feeds into the PCM. I have the starter spining, the fuel pump going and i GUESS the injecters activated. But still no start. I need to know the Flash Codes for the PCM tests. Can anyone help me. I'm 85 year old Geaser and I'm too old for this Sh#*t. Is there a way to find out if the PCM is cooked? I supose that since the fuel pump and starter relay is getting the juice that some of it is working.
    Cheers; Tony O^ng Co.p.

Tuner in Training
    HI, I'm Jeff, located in Louisville KY, my first look at the forum and was amazed at the global diversity of the membership. I'm pushing 50, and new to using a forum. In my youth I enjoyed modifying cars, and now I have teenage boys starting to drive and they are showing the same interest. The first project is 2009 G8 GT, I buy the cars they buy the upgrades. Just started the first mods, 224/228 112 LSA cam, headers, and exhaust mods. Now were busy learning HP and how to tune. I'm looking forward to this new adventure and learning from fellow members. Hopefully with some experience I can contribute or atleast have two boys that will have many years of contribution to the world of tuning.

Parden me But at this point I don't have Tuning issues on my mind. I need to get that 97 Monte Carlo back to runing. I'd like to know how I can those GM Flash Codes for the PCM tests.
    However went it gets cooler I'll be putting my Hawk Ultrlight back together and I'll need some tuning tips for the 40 hp Hirth to keep me from falling out of the sky.
    My location is down here in Middle Georgia near Robins AFB.
    Cheers, Tony O^ng Co.p.
    Last edited by Tony Spletstoser; 08-13-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, names Nick, Located in League City tx, been on the forum for a few months now lurking, but i figured i would introduce myself. I work overseas doing Private Security, and reading up on tuning the entire time im here. When im home i play with Hptuners on my vehicle.