Page 54 of 115 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2289

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Gidday to all forum members / readers.

My name is Andy. I have a background in h/w and s/w development (C & assembler) of embedded control systems and data loggers. I have a love and fascination for engines and achieving best drivability and extracting optimal HP and torque that suits the intended application. Therefore EFI / Engine Management Systems are a natural fit for me. I am a DIY tuner. I am working towards tuning my own vehicle that has a Falcon BA Turbo i6 engine in it.
    When funds allow, I am keen on purchasing VCM suite. In the meantime I am working to understand as much as I can about the factory software running on the PCM / VCM. Looking to exchange info with other like minded enthusiasts.

Advanced Tuner
    My name is Russ and I live in the Colorado high country. My profession is a spacecraft flight controller and operations software developer but my passion is V8 horsepower. I've built an E-Force blown custom LS engine and am using the GMPP "430 HP LS3 crate engine" E67 ECU and wiring harness to put in a 1966 Chevelle. Just starting out with VCM Editor and I'm beginning to realize that not having VE tables in that ECU may be a problem for me. But solving problems is what I do so I'm looking forward to the challenge!

Hello, Don here. Im live just SE of Houston, TX and I just picked me up an 07 Z06 and Im quickly modifying it as I see fit. that being said, it will need to be tuned and Im not one to pay someone else to do something I think I can do myself. I plan on buying HP tuners Pro in the next few months and would like to start educating myself on what I need/want to know. For now I will have a local shop here in Houston tune it until I get everything I need then I will take over the tuning reigns. I am the quintessential DIY type of guy, and I love this expensive @$$ hobby. I typically worked on old school carb'd motors with the K.I.S.S. mindset and it has worked for me in the past and I plan on continuing that same mindset onto this Z06.

Don
    Last edited by v8sten; 05-06-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hey, Andrew here, I'm in Dunnville, ON, just south of Toronto. I drive an 09 Cobalt SS, just bought HP Tuners, should actually be here tomorrow. Slowly want to learn how to tune myself but for now I'm just going to get a remote tune, I just have to find a good tuner first, feel free to recommend someone to me.

I'm from South Texas and I'm addicted to Horsepower...Turbos and Fast Cars..

I also enjoy working on my own projects, tuning and fabricating.

I'm currently tuning my 79 camaro with an LS swap using HPTuners.

Thanks to everyone who posts all the useful information on here. I hope to learn more from here in regards to tuning with HPTuners

Potential Tuner
    Hi to All, Im from Ukraine
    I just decided to do tune to my 2005 corvette ls2 by myself, because at the place where I live there are no tuners who can do this
    I am choosing between
    HP Tuners 6011 VCM Suite MPVI Standard
    and
    HP Tuners 6021 VCM Suite MPVI Pro
    Which you will recommend for the home use?
    And Im new to tuner so I hope you will help me do the tune
    Thanks to all

Tuner in Training
    New-ish to the forum, been stalking it for awhile. I'm a parts advisor for a toyota dealer, but I'm a GM guy. I have a 78 cj5 that I run in the mud- 450 hp sbc/sm465 and my trail truck is a 96 s10 extended cab dana 60/14 bolt with a 5.3/sm465/np205 for running gear and 39.5" Iroks. My dd is an 04 GMC 2500hd 6.0 with some tuning . Been a gear head for years, and the toys keep getting more ridiculous
    s10b.jpg
    jeepstance.jpg

Potential Tuner
    new to forum in the speaking manner, always read it. have a few project cars with a partner that we work on. one is a srt4 neon (i know) with around 400whp currently still tuning with hp tuners. another is a 92 notch mustang (sedan/cpe) with complete cobra swap dohc 4.6 converted to obd2 with all body modules etc. will be turbo'd with 4 digits at flywheel is the goal, BUT NEED HP TUNERS SUPPORT FOR THIS!!

hello to all, bob from Mississippi here. just received my hptuner pro today. installed it and plugged in and downloaded my Camaro's file. Drove it around the block and saved a data log. just like that, so easy, great program. now I just need to learn how to use it now. I am new to efi programing, and really ready to learn how. First thing on the list is the best way to disable caggs. thanks for the help.

Hi I'm a newb! I've just ordered my Pro kit to tune my car after I install a blower. Just reading the forums I can see how much I don't know!
    Guess I've got a lot of learning to do before I mess with my car...
    2014 HSV Clubsport R8, 6.2L LS3 engine
    VCM OTR + Tuned
    Magnuson MP1900 supercharger, 9psi pulley and 60lb injectors to be added soon

set up and data log with HPtuners first timer

Today I did a couple of scans to just see how it works. Since I'm new I'm not even sure of what I am looking at yet. I will try to upload the files so everyone can see what I see. Any experienced input would be helpful. thanks rabbitruntrackmode.hpl turtlerun.hpl

Well let me see if I did it right this time, I just read about the export function. well that didn't work hmm
    Last edited by AGamble; 05-20-2015 at 05:58 AM. Reason: fileexp

Potential Tuner
    Hello, to all. My name is Josh, I am Work Dst Motorsports in Miami, florida. Have been tuning engine management systems for around 8 years. fairly new to Hp tuners. I am sae master tech, currently working on BS in computer engineering.

Potential Tuner
    hello my names mike i'm a retired mechanic now truck driver how you all doing i'm new to this tuning thing i but i like what it says i can do sorry if i'm if i become a little of a pest with the questions in the future.

Advanced Tuner
    Hello everyone, my name is Mark. I am mostly just a garage mechanic, although it is a fairly nice garage... I do a little side work for fun and a little extra cash.

I just bought the software last night and am waiting for it to be delivered. I have no experience with tuning, but I read a lot and just need to make some small changes.

Currently working on a 4l80 swap in a 2002 slverado 4x4, but I have several other projects including a 92 4x4 suburban and a 91 GMC 4x2 dually to name a few.

Potential Tuner
    My name is Scott do not know a whole lot about this I have been an industrial maintenance tech for about 30 yrs just starting with this will help any way I can and look forward to learning more about tuning have an 09 colarado and 06 Pontiac G6 GT convertible and 2013 Sonic

Potential Tuner
    Hello I am going to attempt tuning my car myself now with hp tuners pro. I got tired of getting the run around and having a two month wait time to even get a tune. Easiest thing for me to do was buy the software. Ill be using it in my ls7 swapped fourth gen Camaro.

Potential Tuner
    how do i start a new thread

Potential Tuner
    Hello,

My name is Ross. I have joined this board to become part of the tuning world, I would eventually like to do it for a living. I currently work as a full time as partially certified ASE Tech. I enjoy anything performance and love working on cars. My current ride is a 2wd Chevy s10 5.3 swapped with cam, longtubes, ls6 intake ect. I look forward to being apart of this community and can't wait to get my feet wet.

Potential Tuner
    Hello all. Name is Eric and I'm from Delaware. I am active duty Army and own a 2008 Caliber SRT 4 with big turbo setup fully bolted. Currently running a canned tune but looking into getting my SRT tuned with a custom tune. I'm turning 434HP and looking to gain a little bit more. Hopefully this forum can help me out with those goals.

Potential Tuner
    Hey, gonna see if I can't pick up enough to try and tune my ford.