Page 45 of 115 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner

Greetings Gearheads!

My name is Jeff and I'm a gearhead. I've been turning wrenches on my own projects since mini-truck in socal back in the 80's. Recently started my own show building projects for others and picked up an LS swap which brings me to this forum.

I picked up HP Tuner software and am trying to learn it and all it can do for future projects. More later...

Hello All

Hello All......
    My name is Steve.
    I just recieved VCM Suite Pro today.
    Owner of a 2000 Camaro LS1 A4.
    Just unpacked my box, installed program, went out and download my car file and created my 1st .hpt and looked at it.

I am a total rookie and have no clue what I am doing.

But anyway Hello

Potential Tuner
    Hey.

Ken here. My VCM Pro just arrived. I'll be using it on my G8 after I get the new cam in and the modded heads and intake on. (I'll be getting an emailed tune from the gent working on the heads/intake.) Like Steve above me here, no clue and hello.

Potential Tuner
    Hi name is Jared
    I just purchased HP tuner, have a 85 mustang with a 98 corvette ls1 stroked out to a 408, it runs great but looking to tweek a little.
    Also have a 4.8 with a ls6 cam in it that I am putting in a 67 lemans (want to learn to tune on this setup).

Potential Tuner
    Hello my name is Jorge, I have had HP Tuners for a few montns and just purchased some training material on how to learn to use it as well as looking on tne forum to learn also.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I am Brian, Converted an old Lemans with an injected LQ9 that has been stroked to a 418 ci and a 4l60e. Bought the HP Tuners Hp Tuner GM VCM Suite with MPVI Pro and 8 GM Credits kit 6021 and am excited to get started with tuning. The only bummer is my laptop battery is shot and after reading all the posts about frying parts I am waiting for a new battery to show up before I plug in and start trying to figure out this seemingly amazing tool. All the info in here is awesome, can't wait till it makes sense. Thank

Potential Tuner
    Hi I'm from Poland, my name is Daniel, I'm 27 and I try HP Tunres on my friend engnie from Corvette LS3 6.2L best of luck for everyone in tune your V8

Potential Tuner
    Hey all I'm from Washington state, figured I should start reading up here before I take the leap into the HPTuners world of LNF tuning difficulties. I own a 2009 Cobalt SS/TC coupe.

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name is Mark from Cairns north Queensland Australia and i do nothing as exciting as you guys . My work is OEM factory tunes with factory software / hardware and have problem with GM Cruze 1.8 Z18XER , throttle response i believe it is software issue and no OEM flash for this, please can any one help with this . Thanks in advance

Potential Tuner
    Hi all, I'm Matt from Beaufort,NC. I bought HP to tune the 5.3 turbo I put into my 49 Studebaker truck. Its on an s10 chassis with UMIperformance control arms, wilwood 6 piston brakes, belltech swaybars. Edelbrock proflo intake, 65lb hr injectors, dual 255 pumps, gt45 turbo, turbosmart boost controller, coolingmist, etc....would all be great if I could get it to run!!!

Tuner in Training
    hi, chris from texas. i just purchased hptuners for my cars. i debated taking my new to me truck in that is in need of some tuning for a dyno tune or just learn the art myself. i decided i would benefit in the long run buying the equipment and doing my own tuning. i'm going to get my feet wet with my truck. 2002 chevy single cab short bed lq4 6.0l +.020 bore 317 heads comp xer273-14 cam 4l60e trans, full cai long tube header 3" dual exhaust.

after getting my feet wet, i have a 2003 c5 vette all stock that i will remove the diablo tuner from and get to work there with hp tuners.

Tuner
    hey everyone jason k from south western mass new to tuning, ase master tech with around 20 years in the business, a shop owner, i have a 95 lt1 camaro all usual bolt ons + internals naturally asperated and after years of looking for ways to repair my opti i found efi connection and now i just got my hp pro after trying to decide between hp and efi live i almost went the other way and got efi but after 2 weeks with ur software im 100000% sure i made the right choice ESPECIALLY because of all the support i see on here and the fact that i see that bill responds to almost all questions and problems even when i didnt even purchase yet i emailed on a sunday to the tech line and he responded to me and answered a question that he probally answered a million times and the tuner system is fu*ken insane!!!

Potential Tuner
    Whats up guys... Just ordered HP Tuners Pro, new to the tuning portion of building cars. My experiences have always come from the other end of a wrench. Look forward to learning as much as I can from this forum and others like it and most of all, from the VETS!! If I've learned anything in this world, it would be when an old gear head talks, you pipe down and listen.

Good day Gents,
    James

I live in Hesperia, CA, I work at a locomotive diesel shop for the Union Pacific Railroad. I'm a mechanic by trade but not afraid if electronics. I've done several fuel injection swaps and enjoy building car's & motorcycles. I just received my HP Tuners Pro on Friday. I haven't had the chance to read the ECM on my truck but plan on doing it in the next week or so. My truck is a 2009 Chevrolet Colorado 4WD crew cab with a 5.3L V8. My son has a 2012 45th anniversary Camaro 6.2L 6spd mt that has a cam and full JBL exhaust. I look forward to reading and learning from the experience of the other members here. Steve

Potential Tuner
    hello HP Tuners. my name is Tom I live in albany NY and I am the proud owner of a 2008 cobalt ss/tc (lnf) that i recently purchased. In the past ive owned an 08 G8 GT (l67) and a 06 cobalt ss/sc (lsj). Ive always been interested in tuning and the difference it can make in a car and ive decided to start doing my own tuning nd learning how to do it!!

Potential Tuner
    Hi everyone my name is Gary and I am new on here and just starting learn. I am from Parma,Ohio and have a 99 trans am. I am have been working on cars since 1974 but I do not know much about this new tuning stuff but I really want to learn.

Potential Tuner

6L80Issues

6L80Issues
    Hi , Im new to HP Tuners having just purchased the program. Therefore I have limited experience. Im working hard to learn. As Im in Australia I thought I would try this forum to see if anyone can give advice to some issues Im having. One of the first jobs I have gotten into isa conversion of a L98 6 lite with a 6L80 transmisiion into a 80 series Toyota Landcuiser. I have been told it is about the same size and weight as a Cadillac Escallade. All the conversion has gone fairly well except some shifting issues with the transmission. When travelling at any speed below 110 kph 65mph it keeps shifting in and out of 6th gear. It does this like every 200 metres all throught he speed range. Also after the transmiaaion has warmed up it will do a very harsh down shift selecting a gear lower than what is hould (2nd gear) at aroung 50kph 30mph. The engine and transmisiion is out of an 05 Holden Commodore which sells in the USA as a Ponitac GTO. I have used the fly by wire accelarator pedal and have put an extra speed sensor. I am more inclined to see if I can get hold of an Escalade transmission tune. As it is around the same weight and size as a vehicle. We have altered all shift patterns by the speed log but it sill has very harsh downs hift when you slow down from 100km-75km, drops down 2 gears up shift is perfect. Some ideas or help would be much appreciated. Cheers Jarrod
    Last edited by centralgarage; 05-22-2013 at 05:20 AM.

Tuner
    Hi there im a race engine builder and f/i tuner using HP TUNERS, BE, AEM, MICROTECH

Don't believe I have done this step yet. My name is Nick from central Illinois. Bought this fine product to tune a 2004 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 6.0 liter for a friend. . Getting the hang of it. I am a mechanic by trade. I have a few other to tune after I get things figured out. It is such a rush to tweak on it and then see the result. I am sure I will have questions Thanks in advance

Potential Tuner
    Sup all, I recently purchased HPT Pro and innovate LC-1. I have a 00 Z28 A4 HCI stalled geared bolt-ons, 05 GTO with pretty much just LT's and exhaust, and a 87 Fiero GT that will have a L67 (3800 supercharged for the non V6 folk). Z will be sprayed, GTO NA, and going to boost the hell out of the fiero. I have a few friends with some GM diesels and LS swaps and 3800's so I'm trying to learn the whole spectrum so I can do it all. I'll have questions I'm sure right now I need to finish putting the mods on (headers and x pipe in boxes in kitchen) the GTO, put the Camaro's engine back together, ( even bigger stack of parts in kitchen, waiting on a few more to arrive) then I'll be ready to start logging and tuning. Once the GTO and Camaro are done then it's on to building the 3800. Looking foreward to participating right now it's sensory overload reading all I can.