Page 52 of 115 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2295

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    My name is Kevin, from the far northeast tri-state area. I'm new to the LS world but not to hot rodding. Sleeper S10s' is my favorite. Built a 550hp 406SBC and sold it to finance the now 2001 CrewCab 4X4 S10. I've spent the last year attending the School of Hard Knocks learning the basics of LS engines, transmissions and transfer cases. I have discovered that LS engine building is an awesome journey.

Built my first LS engine this past year, 1998 Corvette LS1, as well as my first transmission, 4L60E. In the list of firsts were building transfer cases, front and rear differentials and of course tuning.

Something that I didn't learn is that ANY repair shop will screw you face first, So I took it upon my self to learn as much as I can.

My Project:

2001 Chevrolet CrewCab S10 4X4 powered by a 1998 Corvette LS1. Built 4l60E trans with every availible upgrade possible, 2500 Stall. NP 233C transfercase with larger chain, 6 pinion planetaries and fixed output yokes. ZR2 Rear end with 3.73 front and rear. 6" Rough Country Lift, (this Lift is nor currently marketed for the CrewCabs, but the extended cab version will fit perfectly.) and the list continues.

This project is my daily driver and works and drives like a new factory ride.

Happy New Year!

Hey everyone! My name is Matthew, I'm currently living in Raleigh NC. New to HP tuners and tuning in general. Looking forward to learning everything I can when it comes to tuning. Been building cars since I was 17, this is a new venture for me, and I'm rather excited.

Currently working on a Neon SRT4. Prior tune/build made 418 WHP. Looking to make about 450-480 now.

Cheers!
    "Use boost to get through!"

\

Hey guys, My name is Justin and I currently live in Durham, NC. I have been tuning with handhelds for a while and decided to give hp tuners a shot! Current project is my 05 SRT4 making 450-+. Look forward to bothering everyone with NEWBIE questions.
    35psi they said...

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone, My name is Chris and I reside in Savannah, GA. I am new to the tuning world. I just purchased HP Tuners Pro in order to turn off AFM on my new to me 07 Chevy Avalanche, but I want to also be able to tune my Pontiac G8 GXP (Holden VE Commodore w/ LS3). Looking forward to learn a lot.

Potential Tuner
    hi everybody, my name is stephen.

ive been more into the mechanical side of cars for quite a wile, just starting to learn how to tune still gettin the hang of things.

im from colorado but live in north carolina. my completed builds are a 2006 goat, a 2000 catfish, a vette, nd other carsherre and there

Potential Tuner
    hi all, Jas from Sydney Australia, I have a G6E Ecoboost with proto tune done, hoping to have more tunes done if the HP guys can crack the antitune software in it I love tweaking things.

My ecoboost is a smooth machine! good economy and decent power for a little motor and big car.

edited 4smaller.jpgEDITED 1smaller.jpgedited 2smaller.jpg

Potential Tuner
    Howdy, I'm a car nut, and a fair weather mechanic. I heard about HP tuners and wanted to learn more about them.

Tuner in Training
    Hello ladies and gents,My name is Bobby and am new to HP and am very excited to finally have it at my shop,been relying on a good friend of mine to tune my Coyote swapped TT Mark for the past 2 yrs with SCT..
    Last edited by 98BlackMomba; 01-31-2015 at 09:54 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Hello everyone,

My name is Ricardo and I live in Chile, Southamerica.

I've been involved with cars, and to be more specific old cars since I'm 6 years old. I started helping my dad building his first Model A Ford, and then a couple other 20's and 30's models. The level of involvment was not very high as I was used mostly to clean up parts. When I was 19 I moved to my own vehicules, started with motorcycles and when I was 25 I got my first car. a 1974 Camaro which is still with me. I have built a couple small block engines for me and for friends, have done any mechanic job an old american car might ever need, so I think I know my way around cars, at least old ones.

As my line of work is computer related, I never really wanted to have a computer at work, at home and another one in the car, so I kept my hands on old carburated engines until now.

I've bougth my first LS and trying to get it to run correctly, a week ago I also bought an 01 Corvette Rolling Chassis.

I learned the hard way that is better to learn and do things by yourself than paying someone, so following this premise, I have purchased the VCM Suite and will start my learning curve to understand and unveil the secrets of tuning fuel injection engines.

hope to be a contribution to this site.

Tuner in Training
    My name is brian im from delaware. In new to the tuning game. I am a gm master tech currently. Hoping to get more knowledge and help with this tuning stuff. I have a friend that is very smart with most of this stuff. He is helping me along the way. I am nonstop searching and researching on threads and topics and forums. Im getting better and im a fast learner, but time will tell. My vehicle is a 2005 gto a4 with head work, cam, intake, exhaust, and 3600 fti converter. I also have a 66 mustang running 351w with 5.0 fuel injection and a vortech v1 race model using a pms for tuning. I learned alot on that system as well. Thanks for having me guys. Hopefully i will not be a painful noobie.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, I am Mick from Tampa. I bought a 2000 C5 a few years ago that I spent a year making nice. I recently added a Vararam intake and Corsa cat back and decided to try the HP Tuners Pro to tune with. I must admit this is like learning a Mac after using a PC all my life as my previous tuning experience is with AEM and FAST. I stepped away from cars, tuning, racing, etc since 2007 so I am rusty and a lot has changed. Big learning curve here, but having a lot of fun tuning the car and making good gains so far. A big thanks to the "SEARCH" function to answer my many questions!

Potential Tuner
    Hi everyone. My name is Craig and I'm from Delaware. I joined the forum a while ago but I finally purchased my own tuner recently as I've wanted to get into it for a while now. I drive an 08 Colorado with a 2.9 that I'm really not to worried about going to crazy with. Looking to work more with the gen 3/gen 4 v8 engine. I have worked for a couple GM dealers in the past as a tech but I found I absolutely hated working on GM's all day and now work for an independent shop. Thanks for having me, I'm glad to be here, and am looking forward to learning a lot.

My name is Jt. Ive been in the car scene for roughly 15 years. I have a turbo mustang and a v8 trailblazer. Im not new to tuning but I have been learning Megasquirt for the last 4 years. Hpt isnt much different but learning all the features and what they do is always a challenge.

Tuner in Training
    Hi my name is Josh. I have a 99 FRC with intake and exhaust. I just bought the HP Pro and the tuning school beginners learn at home course. I look forward to learning from you guys and being a part of this forum.

Potential Tuner
    I'm Alex. I have a '97 SS S10 with a 4.3 I'm building with a supercharger. I plan on doing a 411 pcm swap so it can be tuned better than using the JET tuning for the '97. I will have plenty of questions other than ones about this truck.

Potential Tuner
    Hello i work at a local shop where we have a dyno. My employer would like to buy the hp suite but we cant talk to anyone about purchasing a package deal with credits. ive sent emails With almost no response. Is there any customer service.

Potential Tuner
    Brian here from central Florida. I just bought a used hp tuners in order to learn to tune my own truck. I want to do basic things like electric fans and a motor/trans swap then FI later on. I currently have an unknown mail order tune on the truck and using that as a base tune because it seems to run good on 93. I've been doing a ton of reading and sometimes a bit overwhelmed on all the adjustable parameters but I am really wanting to learn to use hp tuners.
    2001 RCSB Silverado 2wd, 5.3/4L60e, 3:73, all stock besides cold air intake and true dual exhaust w/ cats

~LQ4/4L80e swap in progress~

Tuner in Training
    Hi!

Janos here from Virginia Beach, VA. I'm part of a small family owned three person shop that opened up in 2008. We've kind of hit a brick wall on our what we can offer to our customers without having a dyno, so we've decided to take the plunge into calibration. After months of studying from Greg Banish's DVDs/books, our Mustang MD-600 should be operational within the next few months and we'll be doing intensive practical application studying here with various gas and diesel shop vehicles. It's amazing how much better you feel about closed/open loop diagnostics after reading up and having access to the ECU tables. Can't wait for our Pro setup to arrive tomorrow!

Tuner in Training
    Hello everyone. Should of introduced myself quite a few years ago.. I've been doing mostly leaching off here, hoping to gather as much information about everything here i can. I've been hacking at my PCM's since OBD1. I plan to follow Keith's guidance here till the end, hopefully soaking up all the proper knowledge i can here. This board has gone quite the reach, and I'm thrilled to see that. I do ALOT more reading, than posting. Maybe the more i learn i can get more involved. I've come along way from flash roms, to hex editing. my backgrounds are EE, computer Programming, C, C++, Delphi, web design, mostly project managing..

Thanks all.

I wanted to add: I drive both my 04 and 07 Grand prix V6 L32.

Thank you Bill for guiding me to the Beta where HP Tuners FINALLY ( after 6-7 Years of being here, and buying two HP Tuners. ), supports the 2007 PCM through VCM. There obviously are still some kinks hence, i cannot run scans just yet,
    However, coming this far in my opinions is a far, extremely a appreciated step. I couldn't thank the hacking team enough, for there support, and gratitude on the steps they've taken to widen HP tuners Compatibility list.

Jordan
    Last edited by Jae30001; 02-27-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hello,

I have been a member on here for years, but have never posted. Thank you all for sharing all of the information that you do, books and videos are great, but I have not found a better resource than this forum. I hope to keep learning from everybody and possibly make some contributions myself.

Thank You,
    Chris