Page 43 of 115 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Good morning everybody! Name is Alex, and I'm finally ready to start learning about the tuning process. My current cars include a 2008 pontiac solstice Le5 2.4, and a 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.4t . I'm looking forward to reading, and learning about this product.

2018 GMC Denali A8 6.2L
    2016 CTS-V
    2016 C7 Z06 A8
    2016 C7 Z06/Z07 A8 vert
    2015 Chevy SS 6.2 LS3 A6
    1996 Impala SS LT1 CAI
    1995 Chevy 1500 5.3 CAI Z06 cam
    1957 Chevy vert

Potential Tuner

Introduce yourselves here

Phillip Bridges . Savannah TN 3 TAs a G8 and F350 supercrew.

Potential Tuner
    James new to tuning looking to learn how to tune my 03 silverado with a 408.

New Guy From NW Ohio

Hello!
    Charlie Ridinger here. I am in a small town in NW Ohio, and needless to say the LS swap need is here! I started this journey with deciding to swap my 93 Notch with a 5.3, now its a LQ4 with ported 5.3 heads, LS1 intake and some other stuff... Also running a 4L60e trans (engine is a 2000 with the longer crank, trans is from a 4.3 blazer). I just purchased HPT standard to tune another engine swap that i am in process of doing, 1999 2500 with a big-block to a 2003 LQ9 from a esclade. Going to switch to drive by cable, i already have a 2001 2500 ECM that I have removed rear O2's, emissions, VATS and nothing else. It is a DD that will have a plow, kid hauler, and what not. Customer just wants a nice truck, and better mileage (getting 10 with the 454) and more power.

My 93 mustang Notchback is a Frankenstein of sorts.... I am largely known in the Foxbody mustang community (well was, stangnet and the other sites have shunned me because of my engine choice). The car started out as a typical 4cyl auto car. And then many iterations of 302/5-speed combos finally ending up with a fairly nice driver that only ran a 13.69 @101 with a 2.2 60'. But take into consideration that the car is not a drag car by any means, it weighed 3600+ lbs with me in it (6'5" 235lbs). It was just a fun street car... I drove it to work, to get the kids, hell I even drove it in the snow one year. I could list all the mods that I have done to it, but I will only touch on the major ones. first off is the 2001 GT charcoal dash swap done right. Cut the firewall out for the spherical bearing for the steering shaft, swapped the HVAC box, steering column, pedals, console, seats, and gauge cluster (from a 95 GT). Everything works (cruise/A/C, Mach 460 stereo). Next is the 5-lug swap. from the hubs to the steering wheel is stock 2001 GT. Nothing custom. the steering rack, shaft, hubs, spindles, brakes everything is stock. The rear is something that I am kind of proud of. It is a combination of a 8.8 with 3.73's but has 86 SVO shafts, disc brakes and calipers. Yes cobra rear brakes are .35" bigger in diameter, but the contact patch of the pad is almost 2.5 times smaller. So SVO brakes for the win....Also the discs are vented. I also swapped over a 85-86 LX nose and hood.... just like the 4-eyes...

Just looking for a nice driver, nothing fancy. It is about 75% done. Need to get the engine together, build my harness (I also mod harnesses for standalone operation. Been doing it for almost 2 years). And I am waiting on mounts. Engine is not fancy at all. Just a freshened up 2000 LQ4 stock bore. bearings and rings only. LS6 oil pump, tr224 cam, LS1 intake/injectors, 2003 LQ9 DBW TB (using the harness/computer/TAC/pedal and my own custom-rewire from the LQ9 from earlier) 1 3/4" MAC 351 Swap headers with LS1 flanges. self ported 862 casting 5.3 heads with 2" intake valves, LS6 yellow springs, and stock rockers with a trunion upgrade. Trans is a LOW mileage 4L60e from a blazer. Running the stock converter. It will have working A/C, cruise (I modded my steering wheel controls to have a latching ON/OFF relay switch and all 3 12v outputs while still keeping horn, and lighted buttons). It is just a cruiser.

I hope to learn much from those here, and I will search and search before I post a question. But please go easy on me. I look forward to my journey here!!

Charlie Ridinger

Potential Tuner
    Well I've finally taken the plunge in trying to learn about tuning. I've built a few Chevy small blocks and raced karts and built those engines as a kid so I have some experience with tinkerin' and tuning carbs. I have a 2002 Tahoe and my plan is to figure out how to use the HP software suite to tune it up in stock trim and then "freshen up" the top end with the Trick Flow Specialties top end kit for the LS truck motors.

Tuner in Training

Re Introduction

Thought I would re-introduce myself this evening. I signed up a while back and have been lurking for even longer. Well, I finally took the plunge and my VCM suite showed up today. I got it loaded, built a little benchtop harness and read my first junkyard PCM today, right from the comfort of my desk! (A 2001 Suburban) I'll be using it to run a 5.3 in a 89 Camaro. I'm sure I'll have questions as I learn, so you may be seeing more of me. Any tips and or good practices will be appreciated! Thanks.

I think I'll log my truck on the way to work tomorrow, lol.

Potential Tuner
    I'm new to this forum...new to tuning this way as well. I started by reading some of the threads and it looks like it's just the tip of the iceberg. Lots to learn before I start screwing up how cars run. Looking to work mostly on GM V6 but V8 could be in the future as well.

Tuner in Training

Just joined

Hello all. My name is Craig. I logged on hoping to get my new setup tuned and running correctly. I paid my sponsor for HPT credit but he is either unable or unwilling to adjust the parameters. So I need to learn. Battery is dying so I will be back with a post about my specific setup.

Potential Tuner
    Hey all! I'm Dustin from Chandler AZ new to tuning. I'm a mechanic by trade and have always been interested in tuning so I thought I'd give it a shot. Don't have hptuners yet but just picked up a copy of one of Greg Banish's books. I've owned a few performance cars( 240sx w/ sr20det, 98 z28, 06 gto, 300zx) and enjoy modding and tinkering. I currently own a 2.2 chevy s10 that I will be wasting money on, and possibly practicing using hptuners. Holler!!!

Potential Tuner
    new to tuning, just about to finish up my supercharged LT1 with the 24x PCM/ignition conversion. hoping to get some help and some direction!

-Tony

Dear Sirs: I've ot a problem. A serious oil leak. It apears to be on the front side of the V-6 engine block. It pumps out a quart in just a few miles. Oil all over the starter, radiator, cooling fans, etc.. There is a sender right above the oil filter. I was wondering if it might be cracked? I still get the oil light on or off depending on how much oil is left in the crank case. I have washed the engine down to see if I can locate the leak sorce, however, it has started to rain and I can't get the engine to run now. Ha-ha. The ign. is wet. I guess. Luckly the low-oil light ign. Sw. save the engine, no knocks when it's running.

Tuner in Training
    Hi, my name is Jordan. I'm from Oakland, California. I recently purchased HP Tuners to tune my '00 SS, and to get more familiar with tuning. I am converting my Camaro for E85 and have been reading up on many threads to learn as much as I can about the tuning process. I hope to learn a lot from this forum, as I would like to one day be able to tune my cars myself.

New Member...
    I just finished my Magnacharger install and my HTP Pro package will arrive on 1/15/13.
    I currently have the Magnuson base tune and I anticipate being a little lean with my upgraded exhaust. Doing a lot of reading (guides and posts) and looking forward to learning how to HP Tune.

In the meantime I am debating which wideband O2 sensor kit to buy.
    For my application (and limited experience) I am wanting simple to integrate with HPT and I do not plan to mount/install a gauge.

Any input on WBO and/or HPT files would be greatly appreciated.

David
    2005 MagnaCharged Chevy SSR LS2 6.0

Tuner in Training

New here and new to tuning

I have worked for GM Dodge and Toyota back in he 70s, now I have a new 2013 ZL1 and would like to understand how to go about tuning the ECM and how credits work?

I plan on buying the HPPro but need to be directed to tuning info and how it all works, I do computer programming for avionics like the Garmin G1000 flight deck. So I just need to know what I could buy to educate myself on tuning.
    Is the CD package a good thing for me to buy also?

Thanks john

Potential Tuner

new here

I just got hp pro and have never done this stuff before. I build rock crawlers and just got a z28 and thought better try this stuff I am sure there will be tons of ?s to come

Potential Tuner
    New here & am also pretty new to tuning. I'll be purchasing the Standard version next week & am hoping to be able to tune my LS swapped Fox that is nearing completion. I used to have the other tuning software but sold it due to lack of support it seems. With it, I learned probably just enough to be dangerous. lol

Hi names Rene Reyna I'm from Rio Grande City Tx. just got my HP Tune pro in the mail, want to learn how to tune I'll be practicing on my 2001 Camaro z28 any advice would be helpful P.m me for anything you might have thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training
    Hey everyone, just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself here. I have been lurking on the forum for awhile now, and finally took the plunge with HPTuners pro.
    I have a 09 G8 GT that I just bought some Kooks LT's and a Solo exhaust for, and what better way to tune it, then tune it by myself. So far I have the MAF dialed in just about perfectly, and I'm stuck banging my head with the VE tuning.
    I am an ASE certified mechanic, working at a small shop in MD. Aside from working on cars, I'm also studying to get my A+ certification. Not sure what I will do once I have it, but it has been a goal of mine for awhile. I eventually plan to make the move into the IT field.
    I also want to thank everyone here for the wealth of knowledge you guys have built up over the years. Hopefully one day I can help contribute as well