Page 19 of 115 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

new HP owner

hi , i am marcel from Germany / Hamburg.

i just ordered VDM Suite and waiting for delivery.

my is an 06 c6 mn12 in black
    Last edited by MarcelR; 01-09-2008 at 07:51 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, my name is Mark and registered here to read and learn the different aspects of tuning. I own a 99 6 spd ragtop Corvette, pretty much stock with exception of a modified airbox and a set of LG pro Long tubes, no cats coupled with Z06 TI cans at the rear. I look forward to reading the different post and will ask question when and if I decided to jump into tuning my car.

Thanks
    Mark
    (RR)

Tuner in Training
    hi folks im ricky hunti live in hawaii but im moveing to ky on the 11 i have a 4th gen camaro with heads cam and a p1sc procharger and have no idea how to tune but i hope i can learn

Tuner in Training Farsighted770's Avatar
    Yo to all!!! new to the board so wanted to say hey! I am eagerly awaiting all the schooling im gonna get here. I sent away for a copy of HPT Pro today and cant wait to start tuning away at my bolt ons 06 M6 GTO

hopefully i'll get good cuz im sure turbos, blowers, or nitrous will be in short order

I'm sure i will have plenty of questions so i look forward to hearin from all of you. and lastly THANKS in advance!

Ron

Potential Tuner
    What's up to everyone on the board I am new to programming and basically fuel injection.

Potential Tuner
    Hi, my name is Jon, and I'm addicted to cars....

I'm from Oklahoma. I drive a '97 Chevy Blazer and a 2001 Dodge Straus R/T. Mostly the Blazer recently because of all the snow we've been getting. 4WD backup car is always nice to have. Also looking for something fun to work on.

Jon

Tuner in Training
    Hey, just ordered the Pro set up. I've heard good things about this place and was hoping to learn alot here.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hi peeps Im Mike and I own a 1995 Monte Carlo Z34 with an 04 L32 supercharged engine. Im new to tuning and learnig alot from this forum.
    (1995 L32 Powered Monte Z34) 268whp 320wtq DYNO DYNAMICS!!!
    3.6-3.0 Pullies, SLP headers, 3" exhaust to 2.5 Y with magnaflows res and muffs, cat delete, Fenderwell Intake, 103, Ls1 TB, walbro fuel pump, PLX Wideband, Hp Tuners, Meth injection. XP cam waiting for me to install

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Welcome guys!

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Since I have already made one post ( ) figured I better introduce myself. Long time car nut from Western Canada, several serious show winning restorations over the years, so pretty good knowledge of cars. Do all the work I can myself including engine builds, chassis, interior, tuning (carbs and distributors-remember those?? ), bodywork, research etc. Also follow new performance some (bought 97 WS6 Formula 6 speed brand new but sold a few years ago), but have not been too deep yet. Its time.

Bought a 07 NNBS Sierra last year, started looking at handhelds for minor mods, only made sense to step up and get HP since it does way more for only a little bit more money and can scan others for issues etc. Glad I did! I have been doing so much reading and learning that my head hurts, but its very interesting! These new vehicles are awesome!

Not sure on mods yet, might trade in when the 6 speeds arrive and then start, am also looking at doing L92/6speed swap on my own once prices drop a bit for the combo (interface with BCM is the big issue there, GM is not interested in programming it for me!) Possibly crate LS3 (and new tranny when current one blows up)??

I'm sure there will be a few stupid questions so please be nice!!
    2007 Sierra RCSB 5.3 (for now)

Hi All, Paul from Gloucester, UK with a 2002 HSV GTS.

Tuner in Training

Kaboom here

Hi ya'll. Name is Ron and I'm located outside of Detroit in the suburbs.I'm getting into this tuning quite by accident. I've been physically unable to work on my truck for years. Now I'm getting to feel better and find I can't make power the old fashioned way by opening the hood and changing parts. I've got quite a vaste background in making power for our race car and my race car on the street. I found out about mapping doing prototype engine programs. I learned how to 3D graph from auto cad work I learned after getting hurt at work. I can correlate old school with new technology by analyzing data. I'm just gonna have to get up to speed by asking questions though. So bear with me pleeze.
    2002 F-150 5.4 L Triton 4x4
    Amsoil replacement filter and modified air box
    EGR carbon kevlar pads, Baer rotors
    Flowmaster exhaust
    Optima battery
    Kenwood radio w/accelerometer
    Livewire tuned w/ PRP
    Edelbrock shocks
    BFG Rugged Trail T/A

Tuner in Training

Smile

Hi I am Tim. I own a 99 Pontiac Firebird V6 M5, Y87. I have ported the throttle body and have had a friend do a tune using HP Tuners to tune for a cat delete, speed governor change and turning off the O2 downstream sensor and disabling the EGR valve. He sent it back to me, but since then I have done a lot of modifications to it, like running a high ratio of Ethanol and increasing the injector sizing from 22# to 36#. Next will be heads. So I need to increase the timing and A/F and spark. I am seriously looking into buying one for myself since doing all this to my car.

Hi my name is Alex. Im a Software Engineer. I've been living in Tucson,AZ for two years now. Came from PR. I owned an 05 Torrid Red GTO and I just got the VCM Suite Pro...

Hello all, my name is Ward. I go by Duffster or Duff on just about every other board I've ever been on, so why change that. Located in San Antonio TX currently, but about to retire from my 20 year career as a Nuclear Power Engineer for the U.S. Navy. I'm getting into this tuning thing because I'm tired of my car stumbling when I mash the gas, either on the street for regular driving or at the track. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions than answering them for a bit, but thanks and be patient.

Ward/Duff

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone. My names Jon and Im from central PA. Im a full time college student right now and just picked up a second hand version of hptuners pro. It really suprised me just how much there is to learn about this. Haha its harder than some of my classes in school!

My name is Brian, my current ride is a 2007 Saab Aero SS (GM HFV6 2.8L turbo, 6spd manual). I just purchased my VCM Suite, which should be delivered later this week.

I am a scientist (senior scientist at a local pharmaceutical company) during the day (B.S. Chemistry 1996, UVM), and a car nut 24/7. I have been fascinated with turbocharged applications since before I could drive. The logistics of engine control, calibration and performance tuning are like crack for my brain; I hope to continue learning with help from this community and to share what I learn with those who have the same addictions. I think I might be the first HP Tuner customer to attempt tuning on this particular engine, If not I am eager to hear from anyone else who has some experience.

I have recently read "Bosch Gasoline-Engine Management -systems and components" from cover to cover as well as Engine Management, Advanced Tuning by Greg Banish. I found these to be excellent and informative. Please let me know if you have any recommended reading.

I recently installed BSR stage 1 software in my Aero that upped the power to 285 hp/ 354 lb-ft torque. I find the challenge of writing my own tune and gaining deeper understanding of combustion dynamics more intriguing than a plug and play solution like this.

Cheers!

Potential Tuner
    Hey Everyone,

My name is Jason, I live in Kakabeka Falls Ontario - it is a village of 200 people just outside of Thunder Bay. I have an applied degree in Electronics Enginerring Technology in the ares of microelectronics, data, and wireless communications. I also attended Universisty and studied Physics, Pure Math and Computer Science. I currently work with the government in Ontario Parks. I drive a 2006 cobalt SS/SC - that is purely a toy for me (I walk to work everyday) and I have been a lurker here for a good while. I come from the VW tuning world, and I have experience tuning VW diesel and gasoline engines - from the looks of it, the GM engines are much more straightforward to tune and have an excellent amount of flexibility. It looks like the hardest thing to set up with the GM ecu's is larger fuel injectors. Glad to be a part of the community!

Potential Tuner
    Hi my name is Mike I have been a HP Tuners owner since 2005, I have never hit the boards. My car is mostly stock except for some boltons, its in my sig. I live in Georgetown, TX. I am looking to become more knowledgeable with my tuning software, as of now I would say I have at best skimmed the surface.

2002 A4 Z28 Hardtop 65K miles, Corsa Catback, MTI Lid, K&N Replacement Filter, Best of 13.3@108 Diboll, Texas with those mods. Since then: HP Tuners w/ C2O Tech Edge Wideband, LS6 Service Replacement Engine, March Underdrive, SLP LT, Drag Radials- no times yet. Dynoed 1-20-07, 340 hp, 395 tq

Advanced Tuner
    Max Germain from Sunny South Florida. 2002 CAmaro LE SS M6
    working on adding my turbo soon. Just ordered my VCMsuite, looking forward to it's arrival. Any LS1 turbo guys in South Florida on this board?