Page 61 of 115 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2295

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Tuner in Training
    Mark here from south eastern NC, new to HPTuners but not new to the tuning world. have dealt with XFI, Mega Squirt, Big Stuff, tweecer, Anderson PMS, AEM. not a perfect a number one tuner, but I get by....lol, I'm always learning something new every time I plug up to something!!

Potential Tuner
    Josh from Central Nebraska, John Deere Diesel Tech by trade, do some auto repair from home garage and engine building when can. New to HPT but looking forward to learn from all on here. Excited to start into tuning. Will be doing my first on my 2500hd 6.0 with btr truck 3 cam.

Tuner in Training
    Hello,

Name is Billy West.
    By day I am MSgt West, in the US Air Force. By nights and weekend I am owner operator of FX Custumz LLC.
    I mainly specialize in drop and lift kits, but have been doing motor swaps as well. I am diving into this world of tuning now and hope to gain a lot of knowledge through these forums.

Potential Tuner
    J - I live in central NC and own a few vehicles, including a new Focus RS. Debating on going the self tune route or doing the convenient e-tune...so hopefully this forum will give me the knowledge for self tuning and hopefully sway me to that side of the house.

Greetings all,
    My name is Chad and I live in Central Florida. I am part of a growing group of Ecotec fanatics. I've been airboating for 20+ years using antiquated aircraft engines. All my boats have been relatively small, current one is 11.5 X 7.5, I want more power and push than my trusty 150 HP Lycoming provides but the stereotypical small block Chevy is not a viable option. I've been watching the rise and evolution of the GM Ecotec for about 6 years now and decided to take the plunge. I procured a 2014 2.0 LTG with 8K miles in November 2014 along with all the components I need to operate it. I soon discovered going with the latest and greatest is not always best, but patience is a virtue. At the time of my purchase Trifecta was the only company offering a stand alone tune for this generation. Long story short, my build is done and I've been waiting 3 months for a tune. I have logged an inquiry with ZZ Performance in hopes they will give me some good news. Upon receiving said good news I look forward to becoming a HP family member and begin tweaking this little power plant I've been waiting so long to bring to life! Happy tuning! Chad
    11.5 X 7.5 Alumitech
    2.0 Ecotec LTG
    2.38:1 Ballistic
    6 Bld Razor X

Tuner in Training
    Hi I'm Marc, i manage American Motorsports in Orlando Fl. We have a new Mustang MD1100 dyno an i am looking forward to working with HP Tuners on the O.E tuning side of things here.

I am a "hobbyist" in reverse engineering Ecu's, i currently have the equipment to read any ecu through the JTAG port. I currently have several MED17 A2L files and have received one for my Ecoboost Fiesta ST and am looking forward to hopefully start using HP Tuners to tune this thing.

I am also swapping an 15 Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost powertrain into an 86 Svo mustang.

Potential Tuner
    Hi everyone. I'm Rocky. I live in a little town called Mathews in Va. I am knew to tuning. I will be reading a lot and searching a lot on here to learn this and probably a few books. Worst case I will go to the tuning school. I am the Lead Tech in my shop with over 20 years professionally in the business. My car of choice is my 00 Z28 that I will be learning on.

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone, my name is Talon Smith. I live in Murrieta, CA and joined after having issues writing to the PCM on my 2014 Viper. Also gathering information on tuning my upcoming LS swapped 68 Camaro.

Banned
    My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, owner of a HP Tuners Standard MPVI. And I will perfect my LS1's tune, in this life or the next.

Potential Tuner
    Hi
    Ted White here I live in Shreveport La.
    Work for a custom home builder as a project manager.
    Have 6 vehicles one of which has a Diablo trinity with a custom tune.
    Wanting to get away from the DS and tune my own vehicles. Hoping to learn the art of tuning from the info here.
    Last edited by mrmidi; 12-29-2016 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Typo

Tuner in Training
    Hello,

Dante Salati here, I live about thirty miles east of Binghamton NY in a little village called Bainbridge. I am a flight simulator field service engineer by trade. I was formerly a mechanic for ten years before I decided I needed a change before I didnt like cars anymore, LOL. Recently purchased HP Tuners as I have a few vehicles that I want to tune. Just starting out by tweaking small things on stock tunes but I have a 99 S10 that I will be turbocharging soon so Im looking forward to the learning process with that.

Hi there, new to HP Tuners. I hope I can tune my 2.4L Dodge Dart soon!

Hello all. I just joined. I'm building up my '14 Cruze LTZ with the 1.4 Turbo engine for autox and the track, looking to make even more power with some HP tunes. Also have a '99 Cavalier Z24, so I guess you could say I'm real big on Chevy FWD performance.

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone, I joined today to learn as much as possible from you fellas. I currently had 3 GMT800 based trucks, a 2001 Tahoe 5.3, 2001 Silverado ECSB 4.8, and a 2005 Silverado CCSB waiting on a 799 headed iron 6.0.

Hopefully I'll be able to learn everything I need to make things happen
    LAMYSPERFORMANCE

Potential Tuner
    Hello, my name is tom, I have had HPT for about a year now (I don't have much time to tinker), and barely know enough to tinker. I finally got registered here, and I'm gonna fire away with a couple of questions in another thread. Anyways, I look forward to learning what I can

-oh yeah, cars

-09 silverado ext. Cab (5.3 iron flex..LMG)
    -09 tahoe (5.3 flex, but not sure if it is the lmg or not, doesn't matter as I'm not tuning it)
    -01 ss camaro (lid and gutted MAF is about it).

Potential Tuner
    Not entirely new to this but I have been out of it for a while. My name is David and I am in the Army currently at Fort Leonard Wood, MO.

The first time I used this tuner was on my 2005 Colorado Z71. Along with the HPT I had a cold air-intake, exhaust, and 2nd gear servo installed in the transmission. I did learn enough about tuning to get better gas mileage. But since then I have forgotten everything I had learned about tuning. Not like it would matter because I bought a 2015 Silverado Highcountry with a 6.2L; so the parameters are way different. I have noticed that the tuning program has changed, albeit ever so slightly, but I am lost as heck. I have also notice that there isn't much done to the 6.2L Silverado as I was expecting. It seems like I have to tune from scratch and from the seat of my pants.

One thing that I have noticed about the truck, or maybe just my truck, which is always the case; my transmission has no idea what gear it wants to be in, it feels like ever. It is an 8 speed, I mention that because someone will ask. I have found something very weird about doing my first tune on the truck: I can't get the speed limiter turned off i.e. anywhere above 98 MPH, and yes I already know about the maxing it out (318 MPH) being a bad idea in terms of power loss. I set it to 145, go to test it, and it still cuts out at 98 MPH. What gives? The weird thing I mentioned has to do with the transmission shift points I changed.... the truck took the new shift points, but not the new speed governor?

The last vehicle I owned was a 2008 Nissan Titan PRO-4X. I had a Bullydog on it. Now with the Bullydog I was able to turn off WOT... how do I do that with the HPT? I know it will not be a click of a button to remove it. I have not been able to get a straight forward answer. Also; where would I go to zero out my Torque Management for the transmission? This goes along with the program changing or the over all difference between the Colorado and the Silverado, it seems it is labeled differently. I did it to my Colorado and noticed a major difference it how the transmission performed, in a positive way.

Sorry for the long post, I tend to remember a lot of stuff when I have a few beers in me.
    Last edited by blackrado; 01-12-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Change the speedo part from GMLAN to calibration.

Though I highly recommend that you do not exceed 100mph on the factory rear driveshaft. GM DOES NOT RATE THEM ABOVE THAT SPEED. Please be careful and keep that in mind for your safety. You should get it high speed balanced or if aluminum just replace the thing altogether. They are known to explode at speed above 100mph.

Also your truck is very fancy, very picky and not to be taken lightly. They are far more advanced than you might think, any incorrect changes to the torque model or torque mngt settings will cause you many problem. You won't want to disable the TM in that truck unless you 100% sure you know what it's doing. It's not like the old trucks that run 4L60e and 4L80's, those you could touch TM without a care. The newer 6 speed and 8 speed trucks are very picky.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 01-12-2017 at 11:17 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yeah, they seriously will explode, especially the aluminum ones.. don't risk that

My New Guy Intro - AGearHead4Life

Hello Tuners!
    I'm new here to the forum and it's time to introduce myself. Though my profile says that I joined this forum in 2011, I didn't actually get on the site until 2016, once I finally purchased HPT. So yes, I'm a noob to the HPT software.

As for my history/experience. I know vehicle's pretty well, but we never stop learning. Building automobiles is what I spend all of my spare time doing when I'm not tending to my children and wife. I've been ASE master certified, sold auto parts and currently host a motivational youtube channel called "AGearHead4Life" showing others what I'm building (usually LS swaps). I'm now getting off active duty military after 14 years and working to open a shop building vehicles near San Antonio, TX.

I'm now sounding off now because I've finally started my voyage of learning how and what to adjust with HPT. I enjoy computers and shouldn't have an issue learning. I do understand that it will take time though.

I'm currently digging around the software and adjusting minor things like tire size, rev limiter and e-fans. I'll likely next test adjustments to the trans shift points and then eventually learn how to adjust air/fuel.

I currently have a few projects:
    '87 Chevy truck = 5.3, 4.8 pistons, milled & home ported 862 heads, BTR stage 4 cam, long tubes with a 4L80e trans
    '92 Camaro = 6.0 LQ4, Home ported 317 heads, boost cam, 78/75 VS Racing Turbo and a T56 trans
    '01 Chevy Truck = 4.8/60e, all stock for now since i just got it, but it will have a turbo on it as well.
    '01 Tahoe = 5.3/60e, Stock "Family Wagon". I wont be doing too much to this one.

I look forward to chatting with all of you here and learning much more. It's been fun so far.

Gotta keep on wrenchin!
    Mark

If we wait for perfect weather to wrench, we'll never get anything done. Make it happen!

Welcome.

I've watched your video's for a while now, waiting on that camaro turbo update lol.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.