Page 56 of 115 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2298

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Potential Tuner
    Hi all, I just got my car tuned at the shop with HP Tuners so I am here to learn more about it.

Potential Tuner
    Hello my name is Jon and I'm new to the world of tuning this is just another adventure/chapter in my life I'm hoping to learn and have fun with. I own a shop that specializes in sales, service and modification of c5 & c6 corvettes in Tampa Florida. So let the fun began Im loading the program and am sure I have some questions thanks for the add.

Potential Tuner
    Hi everyone... I used HPT a long while ago to tune my '06 Duramax with great success. Now I just replaced it with a '15 LML and trying to figure out all the differences. I't looks like the Diesel threads have been largely dormant lately - hoping there's still some Duramax guys still hanging out here. Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Hello,

I just joined been working on cars and aircraft for 16 years but never the tuning aspect. I have been on the fence in buying this for awhile until I had a dod lifter fail in my G8. After ordering all the parts I contact the tuner I have already VMS and they want $369 for an updated can tune. I know a lot of people on the G8 board swear by them but that solution wasn't value intuitive. I talked to my local dyne tuner shop and they use hptuners but they are going to charge me $550 for tuning with included life time small tweaks and I would have to pay $350 if I want to upgrade to a bigger cam in the future. So if I moved I would basically get screwed out of my money and have to find a new tuner and pay all over again. So I decided to buy the pro suite because with my local tuner I will be stuck with what ever tune he gives and won't have any options and the extra cash for a bigger cam tune was just ludicrous. I looked at a few posts and tuning seems like a daunting task and you have quite a few individuals here with a wealth of information which I more than anyone appreciate. Hopefully I can get to that level and help out instead of just questioning for solutions to my own problems. I finally got my G8 out of the shop but it is running really rough I'm going to search for a base tune for the L76 with stock single bolt LS3 cam. (if anyone know where one is would be greatly appreciated) I've been infront of my computer most of the night researching and even though my search function is working my brain is about to call it quits lol. I also bought a used LM-1 wideband so I should be set with what I need. Hopefully this isn't too long winded.

Tuner in Training
    Hi, I'm Gareth, located in South London UK running a L33 Vortec 5.3 with LS6 intake, LS2 cam and a 4L60E in a Mazda RX8. I'm just waiting for my copy of HP Tuners to make it across the Atlantic and I'll be tuning. Its on the road, running a MAFless mail-order tune, but I'd like to change some shift points, especially on the kick-down and do something about throttle sensitivity - its a DBW and its a bit agressive to say the least! Not helped by a 4.44:1 CWP, soom to be swapped out to a 3.9:1 torsen unit.

Potential Tuner
    Hello everyone! My name is Tony from Bossier city Louisiana, just picked up my second 2006 GTO. I bought HP tuners and I'm looking to learn a lot about it.

G'day everybody, i'm about to purchase the HP tuning software to tune my Australian BA Ford Falcon myself instead of paying $$$$ for flashboxes and custom tunes everytime i make modifications...

I have an X-cal1 which is now redundant an X-cal3 sitting on the shelf and an X-cal4 that i currently use with all options left open...

Every tuner i have paid $$$$ to there has been an unfortunate small niggle somewhere that has been sorted out with vcm suite by someone else, until the ecu got reflashed again...now i want to learn how to do things myself ?

And avoid the blame game once and for all.

Cheers... Daz

Potential Tuner
    hi all, here to learn

Tuner in Training
    New to HP. Previously had tuned with EFI Live. But thats been a while. So coming to HP and to GenV Chevy systems, its a bit of a learning curve. Looking forward to making new friends and figuring out the tricks in these new VCMs.

Hi I’m new to this board and have a little exposure to PCM programming.
    Retired from the Oil Field, last 10 years was doing programming in Microsoft Excel using visual basic for a Major Oil company. Live in south Louisiana.
    I had an Accel DFI system on my 2004 Jeep Wrangler for the last 2 years, it had a 4.7 stroker with Supercharger before the LQ-9 engine swap. No matter how much you spend on a six cylinder you can’t make it into a V-8. Enjoy collecting data, and analyzing it, looking forward to learning lots more about tuning and being part of this community.
    Thanks John

Tuner in Training
    Hello,

I'm in Columbus, GA area. For now anyway. Got interested in the program years ago after purchasing a G8. Finally got the software but to go after some issues I was having with my F150. The scanner has already helped narrow down a couple problems that have been easy fixes. I look forward to making some edits to help the modifications made to the vehicles.

Sorry guys .. given the trolls you have in the AUS section for Fords i will happily just give my ca$h to SCT then i wont get ridiculed on here...

Thank J@t for my decision tonight wont ya's

Say G'day to Fluff for me J@t....

I'm in Dover, PA.
    My tuning experience came from the use of a different tunder for the Pontiac Grand Prix. I ran n/a, centrifigal superchargers and a turbo in that car so I tuned a lot. Now I have a Dodge Challenger so I'm with HP Tuner. I'm a bit nervous because of the 2.25 Beta not giving me everything I expected but I'll wait it out a bit longer.

Michael
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

New meat from Oklahoma
    Name Tony
    been here for few months browsing & just picked up hp tuners pro. Now its time to learn!

Potential Tuner
    Hi, name is Cory. Been a fan of import cars. Just recently built my first LSx engine and put it into my 240SX, now I have to relearn everything all over again. Just bought HP Tuner Pro and need to get use to how this OS and interface work. Lots of good info on here, hope I can contribute equally.

Tuner
    Names Scott. been tuning on handheld diablo on my own cars for about 2 years. made the jump to hpt and have loads to learn.

Potential Tuner
    Hello first time on a tuner forum and have a lot to learn. currently building a 383 stroker on LS6 block with all forged internals, vindicator cam, TEA heads, LT's Fuel System, trans, rear end, etc etc etc lol. Always paid someone to tune my car several times. I love wrenching on cars and can bolt on anything and but now the first thing about programing tunes and understanding values.
    2000 A4 Camaro SS -- CURRENT PROJECT
    LS6 383 Stroker, Cali Comp Star Forged Internals, Vengeance Racing Vindicator Cam, TEA 5.3L Stage 1.5 Heads , Tooley Springs, LS7 lifters, LS2 Bucket Trays, 42# green top injectors, Fast Toys Lid. ((Missing an intake and TB)) RPM Level 5 4L60E, Billet 4k Converter, 12 bolt Strange 3:73's, Racetronics Hot Wire Fuel System, Future Bottle Fed Baby

Tuner in Training
    Hi, names is David and I know nothing about this glorious field of tuning, but I didn't know a lot of stuff I know now. Here to learn.. Got a 2007 Saturn Sky Redline, stock except for the exhaust, Solo Hi flow cat, and Solo race exhaust (no muffler). I have the GMPP turbo upgrade to install and then this tune..

Hello All,

I think it proper to re-introduce myself. I originally began here in 2006 and due to a variety of reasons and a series of family issues I only popped my head back in a couple years ago for a phenomenal one of a kind project which is now retired.

However things are settling down and finally I can devote a more respectable (although it's never enough) time, energy, and focus to my tuning - to match my motivation and aspirations.

To kick things off in 2016 I've taken on a project to re-establish myself. It is a cammed LS-1 swapped into an import and it runs horrible. I will be starting a thread on that in minutes, as here I am saying hello!!! and Merry Christmas / Happy New Year to all of you and your loved ones!!!

Cheers,

Roland
    Last edited by Boost; 12-06-2015 at 05:25 PM.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Potential Tuner
    My name is Wes and I just finished my 6.0 swapped 91 mustang with twin 62s. Bought hptuners and now Im here to guide me in the right direction with my setup.