Thread: software for 24-58t reluctor wheel

software for 24-58t reluctor wheel

Hey guys is there any chance hpt will be doing a software based sollution for ls1to ls2,3 and ls7 engine swaps. If buying a crate 6ltr motor and wanting to install inplace of an older ls1 you either have to update the computer to a later version which creates alot more work or pull the crank out and swap the 58 tooth reluctor wheel for a 24tooth one, pain in the arse.
    newer 6ltr swaps are quite cheap and common atm plenty of them are being done.
    It would be nice if there was a tab or table to change the reluctor wheel count to save the great cost of doing later model engine swaps.
    It would obviously be just a computer thing as the pcm 's know that it should be 24 pulses or 58 so having the ability to select what count you wanted would be veeeeeeery good and help full to a lot of people and save alot of time and money for shops and customers.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

afaik, the older ls1 pcm hardware is not fast enough to handle the 58x reluctor.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    afaik, the older ls1 pcm hardware is not fast enough to handle the 58x reluctor.
    thanks chris, i thought that if was as easy as it sounded it would have done allready, ohwell thanks anyway.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Advanced Tuner
    What about the E40s? Whats the problem there? Is there an internal limit on the max pulse output and what it corresponds to on a hidden table? Kind of like the new maf (08+) table versus the older maf table? What signal does the sensor output? What do you think the diff would be if the values were halved from a sensor reading a 58x versus 100% values of a 24x?
    2006 Trailblazer SS - Stalled, Cammed, Tuned, Turbo'd, Built, and Stroked.
    Runs on cash, blood, sweat, and tears...... and 93 octane.

2007 Cadillac STS-V - Stock.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post

What about the other way around ?

I have a 412' LS2 with a 24 tooth that are going to be moved to a -07 C6. Is there any software solution to this o maybe a external box fooling the computer to think it is a 58 tooth ?

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the info guys. it'll really help me.