Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PLX Gauge And Hptuners Doesn't matched ? wtf?

Advanced Tuner

PLX Gauge And Hptuners Doesn't matched ? wtf?

Here is my question:

I'm tuning my car with a plx wideband (connected to pin 1 to the hptuners box)
    When I'm tuning the gauge and hp tuners seems about to match (data always changing : it's impossible to have simultanily an eye on hptuners and on the gauge).
    But tonight, I've put my car on the 'On' position without starting the car and start to Log : The gauge was 14'6 and hptuners 14'9 (during 20 second) then 15'1 ... hp tuner: 15'4.
    (I've PLX Wideband selected in my Hptuners Configuration)

DAMNED, Is my tune out ??????? Is Hptuners reading wrong ??? hours and hours on tuning !!!!

I'm going to the dyno next saturday! Help ! I need advices !

Mine was off about .2. I got rid of the ready made PLX PID and created my own. Then adjusted the whole number until the HPTuners matched the PLX gauge. ie I made the 10 10.2 iirc
    Last edited by IndeedSS; 10-08-2008 at 03:41 PM.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3
    SOLO highflow cats|VMax ported TB|Vararam

Advanced Tuner

oh man...
    I guess I will have a short night today.

Can you do a screen capture with the parameters of your custom PID ?
    You can save me a lot of time !
    Last edited by Brice; 10-09-2008 at 06:49 AM.

My actual number will be different than your, but let me see if a can show an example of what I did.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted to see. But per the exact formula mine was off. Instead of 10 I had to adjust to 10.2 so the gauge and tuner matched. This may be the wrong way to go about it, but it seems to have worked.
    Last edited by IndeedSS; 10-09-2008 at 03:23 PM.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IndeedSS View Post
    I'm not sure if this is what you wanted to see. But per the exact formula mine was off. Instead of 10 I had to adjust to 10.2 so the gauge and tuner matched. This may be the wrong way to go about it, but it seems to have worked.
    Thanx that's exactly what I wanted to see!
    My screen was empty so I didn't knew how use it.
    btw, what's is the formula for the Hptuner predefinied PLX PID ?
    (I don't know where to see/edit it)

As far as I can tell you can't edit the pre installed ones. I had to create that one myself. Their formula should be .5 and 10, where I had to go with .5 and 10.2 for a match.

At the top of this forum there is a sticky that explains how the formulas work.

Also at www.hptuners.com/help , there are some nice demos that show you how to do this.

btw also in the help section there is a list of the offsets programmed in the pre installed AFR PIDs.
    Last edited by IndeedSS; 10-09-2008 at 10:37 AM.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3

Advanced Tuner
    units ... V ?

not AFR ?
    are you sure ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    units ... V ?

not AFR ?
    are you sure ?
    Sorry I wasn't looking at that, I thought you were interested in adjusting the values to get the tuner to read the same as the gauge. Yes, like the demo shows, select AFR.

Picture looks right to me.
    Last edited by IndeedSS; 10-09-2008 at 03:24 PM.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry I wasn't looking at that, I thought you were interested in adjusting the values to get the tuner to read the same as the gauge. Yes, like the demo shows, select AFR.

Picture looks right to me.

YES !
    Hptuners and the gauge are matching now !
    Ma formula : (V/0.5) + 9.8 !

I've put my windows regional setting in US, Because custom PID didn't work in France. (',' in France, '.' in US).

Just tune my VE table !
    Now it's time to MAF tuning...

Thanks again!!!

Advanced Tuner
    with the new setting ma stock maf table was ... good !

Advanced Tuner

with the new settings my stock maf table is ... good !

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    with the new settings my stock maf table is ... good !

Glad to hear you have it all worked out.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3

I bought a PLX a while back. Tried tuning my VE tables with it. All seemed good until I tried to tune my WOT VE Area. The PLX went nuts every time. It keep saying rich! It was off every time by 25%. I kept believing in it and before I knew it, my car would not run at WOT. It had caused me to cut my VE cells from say 100 down to as low as 45,,, AT WOT, AND IT WAS STILL SCREAMING RICH!!! I have personaly come to the conclusion that the PLX stuff is nothing more then a POS. I just recieved my NGK AFX kit and am going outside to install it right now. In my humble opinion, I would be very leary of the PLX WB. I do not trust mine, I have two friends here that just recieved theirs and I have advised them to imediatly send thiers back without even opening them. I hope they can get thier money back. I would not advise to use a WB that you have to tweak the peramitors to make work/read what you want it to read. PLX told me that it does a self check and calibrates itself on its own. You realy have no way of checking to see if it is working properly at all conditions, expetialy at WOT. I would not chance the $10,000 I have invested in my engine on a product that has shown issues with. I also came to this negative opinion of PLX after doing a search on this board. If you were to search PLX here and read all the issues people have had, you might rethink the continued use of that product.

Just my two cents.

Good luck and I hope mine was just a lemon.

I have the NGK AFX (bought first) and the PLX SM-AFR and DM-5. My PLX seems accurate. As I understand it, many others have had to tweak there PID's to get the HPTuner to match whatever brand WB they are using. Hopefully others will give some input.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3

Quote Originally Posted by Texas_WS6 View Post
    I bought a PLX a while back. Tried tuning my VE tables with it. All seemed good until I tried to tune my WOT VE Area. The PLX went nuts every time. It keep saying rich! It was off every time by 25%. I kept believing in it and before I knew it, my car would not run at WOT. It had caused me to cut my VE cells from say 100 down to as low as 45,,, AT WOT, AND IT WAS STILL SCREAMING RICH!!! I have personaly come to the conclusion that the PLX stuff is nothing more then a POS. I just recieved my NGK AFX kit and am going outside to install it right now. In my humble opinion, I would be very leary of the PLX WB. I do not trust mine, I have two friends here that just recieved theirs and I have advised them to imediatly send thiers back without even opening them. I hope they can get thier money back. I would not advise to use a WB that you have to tweak the peramitors to make work/read what you want it to read. PLX told me that it does a self check and calibrates itself on its own. You realy have no way of checking to see if it is working properly at all conditions, expetialy at WOT. I would not chance the $10,000 I have invested in my engine on a product that has shown issues with. I also came to this negative opinion of PLX after doing a search on this board. If you were to search PLX here and read all the issues people have had, you might rethink the continued use of that product.

Just my two cents.

Good luck and I hope mine was just a lemon.

Also in the market for a WB and have been doing research on brands. Would tend to agree with you that the many are not pleased with PLX. Let us all know how the NGK AFX works out for you.

Might also want to post your results in the thread "Wideband usage - Which one and how's it going" (http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5042)
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

I have the NGK AFX (bought first) and the PLX SM-AFR and DM-5. My PLX seems accurate. As I understand it, many others have had to tweak there PID's to get the HPTuner to match whatever brand WB they are using. Hopefully others will give some input.
    Did you not like the NGK AFX? Was it not accurate? Did you buy the PLX to replace the NGK AFX?
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

Quote Originally Posted by jackedupcanyon View Post
    Did you not like the NGK AFX? Was it not accurate? Did you buy the PLX to replace the NGK AFX?
    I only bought the PLX because it was recommended by some that does a lot of tuning for others and was going to be a distributor. Mainly I wanted one that would mount in my a-pillar gauge pod for continuous monitoring.

The NGK has never been use and I will likely sell it. My comment about accuracy was based on an old NGK AFX that the car was initially tuned with and the fact that the PLX is right there with it.

To be honest, I'm only familiar with the PLX and NGK AFX. The PLX gave me some problems the first couple days I had it. I contacted PLX and they sent an RMA to return the unit for a replacement, but the issue(s) never happened again. When I first installed it, it wouldn't power up. Eventually it did power up, but would periodically stop reading. The gauge would stop at 14.6 and hang there no matter the TPS. For some reason a day later, the PLX never had another problem. While I'm not completely sold on the brand, they were very quick to provide an RMA for unit replacement.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3

I only bought the PLX because it was recommended by some that does a lot of tuning for others and was going to be a distributor. Mainly I wanted one that would mount in my a-pillar gauge pod for continuous monitoring.

The NGK has never been use and I will likely sell it. My comment about accuracy was based on an old NGK AFX that the car was initially tuned with and the fact that the PLX is right there with it.

To be honest, I'm only familiar with the PLX and NGK AFX. The PLX gave me some problems the first couple days I had it. I contacted PLX and they sent an RMA to return the unit for a replacement, but the issue(s) never happened again. When I first installed it, it wouldn't power up. Eventually it did power up, but would periodically stop reading. The gauge would stop at 14.6 and hang there no matter the TPS. For some reason a day later, the PLX never had another problem. While I'm not completely sold on the brand, they were very quick to provide an RMA for unit replacement.
    Sounds like you are one of only a few having luck with PLX and getting a RMA. Great to hear that the issue went away on its own. A NGK that has never been used....would not think you would have any problem getting rid of it.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jackedupcanyon View Post
    Sounds like you are one of only a few having luck with PLX and getting a RMA. Great to hear that the issue went away on its own. A NGK that has never been used....would not think you would have any problem getting rid of it.
    Based on what you are saying, if this one dies soon after the warranty is up I won't likely buy another PLX.

I've had the NGK for a few months and sort of forgot about it sitting on the shelf.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3