Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PLX Gauge And Hptuners Doesn't matched ? wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by jackedupcanyon View Post
    Yes (or copy and create another) but only for idle tuning since you know it is accurate when moving and not accurate at idle.......Are you sure it is off at idle?
    thanks! that makes sense. i can do that.
    i am more sure than not. i lifted the laptop next to the gauge, and saw the discrepancy. (i was parked, btw lol) then, i gave it some gas, and noticed how it then matched.

Tuner in Training
    Does anyone else have to re-edit their formula to match up HPT to their display before every tuning session?

I have an NGK AFX powered and grounded directly from the battery, which makes matching to HPT very easy. I crank the car and give it a quick rev and then shut her down. I have the power for the AFX controled with a dash mounted switch. I just leave the wideband powered on when the car shuts down and then match the figure in the HPT reading to the display when the a/f stabilizes.

Before every tuning session, I usually have to add or subtract as much as .05 from my equation to make the figures match.

Edit: I meant .05, not .5
    Last edited by 1.8t; 11-17-2008 at 09:29 PM.
    New - 08 C6 Z06 - intake only - 478whp/446wtq
    RIP- 08 C6 6spd - 480whp/441wtq - Bolt-ons/Cam

When was the last time it was calibrated? Also how long did you allow it to warm up? The NGK AFX recommends up to 45 minutes. The longer, the more accurate.
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

Tuner in Training
    Calibrated recently and allowed to warm up for ~ 60min or so. It seems like the voltage is always varying ever so slightly.
    New - 08 C6 Z06 - intake only - 478whp/446wtq
    RIP- 08 C6 6spd - 480whp/441wtq - Bolt-ons/Cam

Advanced Tuner
    Well. it was not a debate about is my PLX accurate.

Just : HP TUNER READINGS IS OFF (0.3) compared to the PLX gauge.
    It's when the engine if Off.

When it's on (idle or not), the AFR move so fast that it's impossible to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Well. it was not a debate about is my PLX accurate.

Just : HP TUNER READINGS IS OFF (0.3) compared to the PLX gauge.
    It's when the engine if Off.

When it's on (idle or not), the AFR move so fast that it's impossible to check.
    Still a difference between the PLX and HPT immediately after calibration? Calibrate in free air or in the bung?
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids