Thread: Hacking motorcycle ECUs

Potential Tuner

Hacking motorcycle ECUs

My name is Ed, I am co-owner of AF1 Racing. We sepcialize in motorcycle performance and tuning. We have a Mustang/Factory Pro eddy-current mototrcycle dyno with 4-gas EGA. We can tune just about anything.

I have seen and checked out the VCM suite of software......very nice stuff......I recently just bought a 04 Vette, that I will be tuning myself very soon......I'll trade dyno time with the Mustang car dyno in town, and get her all dialed in......good thing they are into bikes too

Got me thinking......

I read just about every thread on this forum......some really brilliant hackers, and computer guys on here......looks like just about any ECU can be cracked

would anyone want to crack some motorcycle ECUs??

You could combine it with the Flash/Editor/Logger software and have a simple turn-key package for motorcycle tuners like me. The motorcycle world is many many years behind cars........it is a market totally untapped. It is a very big potential market.

Everyone in the MC world thinks the only option is a poorly built add-on box that manipulates pulse widths.....dumb.......I want full native tuning control.

We really need someone to crack the 2004 Aprilia RSVR with Siemans ECU, Flash EPROM with CAN-bus control.

Also,
    98-03 Aprilia 1000cc uses a Denso ECU with EPROM. basic chip with basic maps on it.....a 27C256 chip is all I know.....I can send some .bins to someone, if they want to take a look at it.

All the Ducatis up til the very late stuff also had removable EPROMS. They run off of Magnetti Marelli boxes. The newest ones are all flash. Some of these are already hacked from the FIM guys out of Australia.

Someone in Australia also already cracked the Sagem ECUs found on some Aprilias and all Triumph EFI bikes. It works good. http://www.tuneboy.com.au/. We use it all the time, though the software has some bugs.

We have full access to all these models, and could provide just about anything needed.

Thanks, and nice to meet all of you......I cant wait to start tuning my new Vette.

Ed
    www.AF1racing.com
    512-459-3966

Re: Hacking motorcycle ECUs

Some of us would be very interested in honda motorcycle tuning software as well.

Advanced Tuner
    oooooooolllllllddddddddd thread but yes rise again for an answer

Well.... the short answer is, you'll be seeing more new markets from us that don't fall under the GM/Ford/Dodge categories...

The question is, when..., and if you've been a customer of our for a while, you know that's the impossible question we can't answer, "when".

We've hired quite a few engineers lately, and always have room for more. If we were to receive a resume from an engineer that can handle adding brand X to our product lineup, and they live in the Chicago-land area.. then, I'd expect we'd have another engineer loving life at HPT and our customers would be enjoying product for brand X after not too long.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

The ecu I put in my Honda a few years back now, the AEM EMS-4 was really popular amongst the rotary and crotch rocket crowds because it could be configured to drive an engine up to 25,600rpm. it is based off their series 2 architecture. it is a small controller. only 36 wires to connect. it supports coil on plug, sequential injection and can be setup for feedback based off of wideband or traditional o2 sensor. how many guys here would love to have the ecu itself see and use the wideband data for fuel trimming at wide open throttle? It's changing the whole ecu and harness, but will give you all the control in the world if you are savvy with aemtuner. Just a thought until a tuning solution arises for oem controllers. oh, it also has a built in 8mb datalogger and usb port for a dlc.

Megasquirt/Microsquirt would be a great alternative for an already Fuel Injected bike... that is, unless HPTuners made something avail.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...71f0720e8daef6
    Last edited by 10_SS; 10-07-2015 at 09:18 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Potential Tuner

Tuning Software

Quote Originally Posted by af1racing View Post
    My name is Ed, I am co-owner of AF1 Racing. We sepcialize in motorcycle performance and tuning. We have a Mustang/Factory Pro eddy-current mototrcycle dyno with 4-gas EGA. We can tune just about anything.

I have seen and checked out the VCM suite of software......very nice stuff......I recently just bought a 04 Vette, that I will be tuning myself very soon......I'll trade dyno time with the Mustang car dyno in town, and get her all dialed in......good thing they are into bikes too

Got me thinking......

I read just about every thread on this forum......some really brilliant hackers, and computer guys on here......looks like just about any ECU can be cracked

would anyone want to crack some motorcycle ECUs??

You could combine it with the Flash/Editor/Logger software and have a simple turn-key package for motorcycle tuners like me. The motorcycle world is many many years behind cars........it is a market totally untapped. It is a very big potential market.

Everyone in the MC world thinks the only option is a poorly built add-on box that manipulates pulse widths.....dumb.......I want full native tuning control.

We really need someone to crack the 2004 Aprilia RSVR with Siemans ECU, Flash EPROM with CAN-bus control.

Also,
    98-03 Aprilia 1000cc uses a Denso ECU with EPROM. basic chip with basic maps on it.....a 27C256 chip is all I know.....I can send some .bins to someone, if they want to take a look at it.

All the Ducatis up til the very late stuff also had removable EPROMS. They run off of Magnetti Marelli boxes. The newest ones are all flash. Some of these are already hacked from the FIM guys out of Australia.

Someone in Australia also already cracked the Sagem ECUs found on some Aprilias and all Triumph EFI bikes. It works good. http://www.tuneboy.com.au/. We use it all the time, though the software has some bugs.

We have full access to all these models, and could provide just about anything needed.

Thanks, and nice to meet all of you......I cant wait to start tuning my new Vette.

Ed
    www.AF1racing.com
    512-459-3966
    If you're interested in motorcycle tuning software check out the Kess V2. I've use this software very often on large trucks. If you are wanting to make an investment in software and have the time to spend to learn it then this software/hardware is the absolute best. It can read/write/modify most ANY ECM, TCM, chipset, etc. It's the real deal. Caution....if you purchase, purchase the original...not the chinese knock-off.

Quote Originally Posted by powerfreak View Post
    If you're interested in motorcycle tuning software check out the Kess V2. I've use this software very often on large trucks. If you are wanting to make an investment in software and have the time to spend to learn it then this software/hardware is the absolute best. It can read/write/modify most ANY ECM, TCM, chipset, etc. It's the real deal. Caution....if you purchase, purchase the original...not the chinese knock-off.
    Do you know @ this cost of Alientech Kess V2?

Tuner in Training
    Check out techno research for motorcycle stuff.

Advanced Tuner
    Stumbled upon this, I hacked the 05-06 Suzuki GSXR1000 ECU and defined the parameters with the .bin files that someone else provided me. Allowed me to run RomRaider to tune the bike. Ran a best 9.11@144 running out of gear on E85, stock motor, stock exhaust. Fastest I know of a stock motor, stock exhaust, 64" wb GSXR of that generation.

I don't have the motivation to do it again, though. Took a lot of testing and a ton of time, but the rewards were massive.

Tuner in Training
    have you tried alientech software, then do many models of bikes,cars,tractors,buses.