Thread: Chrysler Flash Programming

Tuner

Chrysler Flash Programming

Hello all , been looking through the forum for a while and WOW ! There is soo much good information . Thanks to everyone who supports and contributes to this forum .

I am tring to figure out how to flash program the DCX JTEC controller (JeepTruckEngineController.) Using a emulator , and a chip reader I have been able to tune these things , but it is a major pain to open one of these boxes every time you want to make a cal change . Although some chip companies have said they are working on a solution for Chrysler vehicles , I have not yet seen anything and have been looking for about the last four years , probably talking to most if not all the companies out there that make chip tuning software (including HP tuners .)

Basically , I know what I need to change , know how to correct the check sum , just need to be able to read and write . I have been thinking about purchasing one of those J2534 open source programming tools , but would like to know what is involved with "sniffing" the data lines and figuring out the flash process . The obd2 gm stuff is vpw (right? ) while the chrysler uses a RX / TX setup with a strobed 20 volts on one of the lines durring the flash programming process so I don't think there is much similarity there . Any input into this would be greatly appretiated .

- Chris

Potential Tuner
    while I don't have any info on flashing the pcm, I find this project very interesting...

What emulator are you using to do this?

I know it takes alot of time to dissasemble something so I don't blame you if you want to keep your results to yourself, but anychance you've got any of the main tables and checksum locations you want to share?