Thread: WOT Launch afr

Tuner

WOT Launch afr

2006 TBSS with 3000 stall. Is it normal that I do not reach a 12.5 afr till 3700 rpm? When I launch from idle to WOT my afr does not get to what I'd like till 3700 rpm.

I don't know if I should try to richen up below 3700 rpm? In the scan shot everything before 3700rpm is between 14.2-13.9 then it jumps to 12.5. Here is also a shot of my PE.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you running with MAF only, VE only or both? You can adjust your AFR in the PE table as you displayed or fix it in your MAF or VE tables. By the looks of your PE table, the VE and MAF tables are way off. Your lower RPM ranges are set to 11.99 AFR. You should also look at your PE settings ("PE Enable" for MAP, Delay RPM, Enable RPM) to see when it gets enabled and also set your "Enrichment Rate" to at least 1.3, I like 1.5.

Tuner
    I am running both MAF and VE. I use a 100mm MAF and use the MAF table that were with the Intake Tune. VE has never been touched. I also have Heads-Cam-Ported Intake-Kooks Headers w/cats-CatBack etc....

I also read about setting the PE and then use the MAF to adjust. When I mess with the MAF settings, get things inline, my 1/4 mile ETs seem to suffer. I also put the MAF settings back to the OE 100mm MAF setting and adjust PE to run 12.6-12.8 AFR's but it seems to run the best at a 12.2ish AFR. So I've been trying (and reading) to keep the AFR's a steady 12.2.

Here is a scan from a roll so that my speedo works. Difference between Launching from a roll and from Stand still idle.

Advanced Tuner
    There is nothing wrong with those logs, you are giving it "sudden" WOT, it takes the car time to get the AFR lowered, that is what you are seeing.
    Last edited by ktoonsez; 10-05-2008 at 06:08 PM.

Tuner
    Ok thanks. That's what I was thinking but I was reading posts and thought maybe my AFR wasn't onpoint and getting that initial knock retard. But I have been doing somemore searching on that subject.

I was thinking of adjusting the PE abit just to tweek it closer to 12.2 if so should I only adjust from 3000 rpm up?

Advanced Tuner
    That 3000 should be set to zero if you want PE enabled all the time once you have met the MAP, throttle position, and Enable RPM. The delay is exactly what it says a delay. So below 3000 PE is going to be OFF. That is up to you though, I like the zero delay so I can adjust throttle pos and MAP instead.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez
    That 3000 should be set to zero if you want PE enabled all the time once you have met the MAP, throttle position, and Enable RPM. The delay is exactly what it says a delay. So below 3000 PE is going to be OFF. That is up to you though, I like the zero delay so I can adjust throttle pos and MAP instead.
    Agreed! I just set everything in the PE Enable like MAP, RPM delay, etc.... to all zeros to make sure I go into PE as quickly as possible and just adjust my tps % where I want it to come in at.
    2017 Silverado LTZ