Thread: Stand-alone low Z injector drivers/ Opinions

Stand-alone low Z injector drivers/ Opinions

Anyone really familiar with using these devises?

I've used fuel timing "piggy backs" quite a but but never used one of these.

I found a few examples (FJO racing, Acceleronics VersaFueler, AEM’s external Peak & Hold Injector Driver module) Not sure which is good /bad.
    2005 Chevy Crew Cab s/b
    Vortech blown 5.3/air to water IC/finish line 4l80e/ stall / Running on E98 ethanol
    2008 Silverado- Vortech VL Twin screw supercharger. SEMA 2008 Vortec Engineering Booth

Advanced Tuner
    my exprience is not great with them,

we have a full data logging system on our car and each cylinder was up to 200deg difference using one of the ones you listed there...

went back to the 79lb racetronix injectors and the temps were back to with in 30deg...

how much power are you planning on making?? the 79lb injectors will do 1200hp... then for more than that i get them drilled to 100lb but that is not cheap to get done...

Sorry guess I should have elaborated on the Application:

I am working on a 6.0 ltr. with a Vortech Centrifugal 6psi head unit.

I'm setting it up to run on E98, the estimated HP should be in the range of 450-470.
    If I were running gas the calculated BSFC for S/C motor is would be in the range of .55-.60 which puts me in the range of #42(ish) injectors.
    For Ethanol... X 1.47 = #62.
    I had a set of #52 GT 500 injectors laying around so I tried them and basically above 4800 rpm the duty cycle went 100+ and everything leaned out of course.
    Based on the duty cycle overage i'm not really comfortable with #60 injectors either. They would open really slow at that size and possible eat the drivers in my ECM. That is why I was looking into Low Z's.
    So is everyone using custom ECM's for large injectors?
    2005 Chevy Crew Cab s/b
    Vortech blown 5.3/air to water IC/finish line 4l80e/ stall / Running on E98 ethanol
    2008 Silverado- Vortech VL Twin screw supercharger. SEMA 2008 Vortec Engineering Booth

Advanced Tuner
    just get a set of the racetronix 79lb injectors and be done with it, they work perfectly fine as do the siemans 60lb,

you dont want to waste your time with converter boxes when you only need a 60lb injector