Thread: Who's running 120# injectors on a E38 or E40?

Who's running 120# injectors on a E38 or E40?

Just wanted to see how many people are running low impedance 120# injectors. We have a set from RC Eng. Trying to see what people have found to work the best as far as modeling it in the Injector Control Tables.

Senior Tuner
    I tried to ask RC for similar specs in regards to their 96lb (1000cc) injectors ...

Dear Support,

I have a set of the RC 1000cc injectors installed in an Acura RSX with Hondata and would like to know if you could provide the "Dead Time" specs for the Voltage Compensation on these injectors.

The table layout on the Hondata uses the following voltage values:

6.07 V
    8.09 V
    10.01 V
    14.06 V
    16.08 V

If you could provide a range of values for the above voltages or, at least provide a range of values that will allow me to extrapolate the above values, I would be extremely grateful.

I am very pleased with the product and getting this table dialed in will make things even better. Thank you for your help.

...and their response was...

Hello Jaime,
    We suggest getting in contact with Hondata for the voltage values. Since our injector is used with many other types of ECUs, we've found that a set of voltage values for one ECU does not work well with other ECUs, even with the same injector.

Thank you for your interest in RC Engineering. Please feel free to call or e-mail us with any further questions you may have.

RC Engineering, Inc.

This was basically a dead end and sounded a little sketchy to me. I was only hoping for measured specs taken from lab testing. Good luck.

Jaime

Jaime,

Were you at the DynoCom facility for a tuner class? Think I might have met you there...

Anyway, yeah they are not very helpful.

Thanks,
    Taylor

Senior Tuner
    No. Wasn't me. Last "training class" I've been to was at Superchips' facility a couple years ago.
    Jaime