Thread: 1-2 Shift Too hard, How to fix?

Potential Tuner

1-2 Shift Too hard, How to fix?

Hey gang, got a quick question. Traded my stock 60e tranny in my 03 Silverado with a built one from Mad Dog transmissions. I have removed all tq mgmt and am happy with everything except for the 1-2 shift. Even at part throttle it kicks like a mule. I have not altered any line pressures or anything like that, it is all still stock at of now. Is there any way for me to safely remove some of this kick? It gets rather annoying on a daily driver

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MrXerox
    Hey gang, got a quick question. Traded my stock 60e tranny in my 03 Silverado with a built one from Mad Dog transmissions. I have removed all tq mgmt and am happy with everything except for the 1-2 shift. Even at part throttle it kicks like a mule. I have not altered any line pressures or anything like that, it is all still stock at of now. Is there any way for me to safely remove some of this kick? It gets rather annoying on a daily driver
    Trans> Shift Properties> Shift Pressure Modifier Upshift> 1>2
    You can also go into the force table, but I feel it is best to leave that super blunt table alone unless you need line pressure changes throughout...
    2000 EC, SB Z71 03 LQ4, 05 front clip with e-fans, STS turbo, GT67, Blow off valve, 170Kpa, Alkycontrol, 44lbs injectors @ 100% dutycycle, Comp 918's, HPtuner, 02 ECM, Dyno Jet Wideband, Eaton LSD, Speed Engineering 4l80e conversion, 2800 ART CARR stall removed now running stocker . 11.87 @ 114
    New times 11.41 @ 119.. look out 10's here I come.....

Potential Tuner
    Can you give me an example of some values I can use here? I dont mind the shift being hard at full throttle but would like it to be smooth at partial if possible. Thanks for the help on this! Attached is my current tune...
    Last edited by MrXerox; 10-06-2008 at 10:50 AM.

Tuner in Training
    The best way is probably going to be to go inside the transmission and make changes there. I have found that lots of trans builders install a spring that is too stiff on the 2nd accumulator. Changing that back to stock will make a big difference on the 1-2. You don't have to remove the valve body...just drop the pan, pull the accumulator, and change the spring. Not as easy as a "tuning" fix, but IMO, it is the proper way.
    '08 TBSS - ProCharged | '09 G8 GT