Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PCM Tuning on Ecotec

Quote Originally Posted by zinner
    cobalt = lsj 2.0 ?
    yes the LSJ. 2.0.

We are looking at the 2.2 L61 as well but nothing confirmed as yet. They run an ECM and TCM so need a little more investigation.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Will any of these releases be suitable for a Saturn Redline Ecotec with Boost?
    If so, I'll probably bite on a 2000 LS1 Vett, 2003 Cav, and the Redline?
    Steve.

Potential Tuner
    Any idea on the Cobalt 2.4L?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashnu
    Any idea on the Cobalt 2.4L?
    Please email me your VIN number.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    yes the LSJ. 2.0.

We are looking at the 2.2 L61 as well but nothing confirmed as yet. They run an ECM and TCM so need a little more investigation.

Chris...
    Awesome I look forward to tuning my 2005 Cobalt LSJ!
    Last edited by zinner; 03-19-2006 at 07:01 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Placed my order for 2002 cavi on Friday night. Cant wait to get it!
    1971 Nova - L96 Tvs2300 6l90
    1998 Regal - l36 Stock
    2010 Denali - 6.2 Tvs2300

For all of those ordering product to beta test on the 4cyl vehicles, you'll need to e-mail me once you receive your interface stating that you would like to beta test for the 4cyl and I can give you the software required.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Emailed.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Potential Tuner
    I noticed you will also be making this available for the Grand Am SE w/ 2.4 LD9

is there a test vehicle needed, and what would be required?

fyi I currently have a reflashed pcm for the gm s/c kit.

Potential Tuner
    Please email me your VIN number.
    It has been sent, if there is anything else i can do to assist lemme know.

Got it thanks, give me a few weeks to investigate.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    For all of those ordering product to beta test on the 4cyl vehicles, you'll need to e-mail me once you receive your interface stating that you would like to beta test for the 4cyl and I can give you the software required.

I looked through this thread to answer my question before I ask it. Sorry if it is a repeat.

If I want to beta test for the LSJ (2005 Cobalt SS/SC 2.0L) what should I order to get started?
    Is there anything you need from me other than that?

Quote Originally Posted by ssnipes
    I looked through this thread to answer my question before I ask it. Sorry if it is a repeat.

If I want to beta test for the LSJ (2005 Cobalt SS/SC 2.0L) what should I order to get started?
    Is there anything you need from me other than that?
    We haven;t announed the LSJ yet, won't be long...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Hey Chris....Ive got an 03 Ecotec Grand am, Dont need anyone to be the donor car for that do you? I'm glad to help in anyway that I can...Just get back to me if ya need me to test anything Thanks

Your vehicle is supported, you can go ahead order when you are ready. The main reason for the beta status is the fact that some calibrations will need to be emailed to us so we can add support. This is mostly done to set expectations with tunershop customers that they should be cautious when promising customers same day tuning or fast turnarounds.

We don't have any known bugs with the 4 cyl support at this time.

Chris..
    I count sheep in hex...

Hey chris,
    I have heard rumors that you will be supporting the 2000-2002 GM s/c reflash, I have a couple questions about this
    1)is it true
    2)can I use it if I order the beta; if not when do you expect to release this(which will be the day I order)
    3)because we are just tuning our preprogrammed reflash is it still only 2 credits?

thanks man,

Quote Originally Posted by killerjuice
    Hey chris,
    I have heard rumors that you will be supporting the 2000-2002 GM s/c reflash, I have a couple questions about this
    1)is it true
    2)can I use it if I order the beta; if not when do you expect to release this(which will be the day I order)
    3)because we are just tuning our preprogrammed reflash is it still only 2 credits?

thanks man,
    We will be supporting it in so much as our editor will allow you to modify PCM's that have it already loaded. Also, it will probably be possible to flash the applicable GM s/c reflash prog into your car (from someone elses). Although, the normal licensing rules will apply (ie. you must be licensed for the PCM and the file you are flashing into it).

Most of these cars run TPS based (Alpha N) tuning, depending what the s/c reflash is and does then you may be able to transform your existing prog to that. Not sure it requires a 2bar MAP sensor or anything like that.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

when we get the Gm s/c 2000-2002 reflash, we have to install 310cc injectos and a 2.0 bar map sensor, so after the reflash we are running a 2.0 bar map (see's 1.0 bar boost)

things myself and many others are wanting to do is install much largers injectors and still have a stoich idleand be able to compensate for the addition CFM from supercharger to a turbocharger, lose the need for a rrFPR, and be able to play with timing at the dyno.

We haven;t announed the LSJ yet, won't be long...
    Chris, what can we do to help you with the LSJ development
    Need more cal files or VINs??
    ( got a plethora of Cobalt SS and Saturn Redlines to do... )
    WOT
    Last edited by WopOnTour; 03-25-2006 at 12:01 PM.

I'm one of the plethora! Would love to help out anyway possible from Chicago. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL