Thread: Changing the OS on '08 HD??

Tuner in Training

Changing the OS on '08 HD??

Hello all,

I recently sent my 08 Silverado HD 6.6 Duramax to the dealer to replace the TCC solenoid that expired prematurely. In doing so, I returned my LMM back to stock the tune I had been working on. When my LMM returned I couldn't write to the VCM any longer, due to the fact that GM had upgraded my truck, which also changed the OS.

Now, I'm not sure if this is common practice, but I took the time to basically copy and paste every table from my old OS to the new OS. This seemed to work, but I have been experiencing driveability issues ever since. The transmission is not shifting at the RPM I changed it to and the tune seems to ramp in and out with no apparent rhyme or reason. I'm concerned that what I have done is complicate a simple problem.

My question is; should I have done something different with this new OS? If so, can you point me in the right direction? I have attached the latest OS stock file pulled from my truck just in case you need it for reference. Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by TrucksUnlimited1; 10-23-2008 at 12:52 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Post the previous operating system file that you transferred over all of the tables from.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Here you go Bill!
    Last edited by TrucksUnlimited1; 10-23-2008 at 12:52 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    There appears to be about 50 differences between these two files, are you sure this MyLMMstock.hpt file is the one you transferred over all the settings from?

Tuner in Training
    Bill,

I gave you the original stock read from my LMM. If you need my tune can it be sent in another manner? Thanks, Will

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sure, send it to support at hptuners.com along with a link to this thread so I know what its in regards to.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, Bill, sent that information over to the support email for you a little while ago. If you need anything else let me know. Thanks, will