Thread: Falls on face at WOT

Tuner

Falls on face at WOT

I have a 06 zo6 with a custom tune. The loaded tune seems fine around town. went to the dragstrip last night, and 3 out of four passes the car fell on its face at WOT. 1st two passes were powershifted. 1st pass the car fell in 3rd gear.
    2nd pass it fell in 2nd gear. 3rd gear I lifted when I shifted and the car made a full pass without a problem. Went out for the 4th pass, lifted to shift, and the car fell in 2nd, and woke back up when shifted to 3rd.

There were no no "reduced power" messages in the DIC, and no check engine lights or codes stored.

I have included a log of when I was able to duplicate the problem on the drive home (the problem happened at around 3:24). I did notice that the car backfired and the stopped making power. I also included a screen shot with text added to show the area where the problem occurred.

any ideas would be appreciated

Tony
    Last edited by kllrvet; 09-22-2008 at 12:57 AM.

Tuner
    here is the tune

Tuner
    here is the screen shot

Potential Tuner
    Was the traction control off?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw1
    Was the traction control off?
    I think we got it solved earlier. He still had ETC enabled for Traction Control and looking at the scan it all seemed to make sense that's what was happening.

Potential Tuner
    Good deal.

Tuner
    I staill haven't found the problem with this Anyone experience this?

Tony

first time for me... the motor is switching back to closed loop.. try a different tb on there, could be the drive by wire screwing things up... log the Torque management pids next time on a run and see how that goes... there seems to be a big bug out there

to add to this as well: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...oil+starvation
    Last edited by Mep_q8; 12-22-2009 at 01:45 AM.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    I’m guessing you have some type of fueling issue, which is occurring around your Cutoff Extreme Resume RPM. Your O2 Voltage B1S1 mV is lower than your O2 Voltage B2S1 mV. It appears that the fuel is attempting to resume on B2 but not as fast on B1. These disparities occur in frames in 8298-8300.

I am not certain how Spark cutoff works so proceed at your own risk with the following…perhaps you could use Spark cutoff for your control method instead of Fuel to see if the fuel problem still exists. If it does, check your injector wiring for Bank 1.

Tuner in Training
    After looking at the log in your other thread, I am not confident about my earlier assessment, although this log has a disparity in the O2 voltages at frame 8322.

As you are aware after you exceed your fuel cutoff rpm the tps and injector ms start to fall and don’t recover at the resume rpm you have set. I guess I’m just restating your question/issue. Why don’t you log ETC throttle % and the ETC voltages as well as the TPS voltages to see if everything is in sync?

Look at the screen shot you posted. Are you sure you aren't spinning the tires or slipping the clutch? Your RPMs were falling off in 2nd gear, but your speed wasn't changing (in fact, it was barely going up).

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    I'll go with spinning as well.

in the log attached to your first post (nopowerwot1), frame 3062 seems a little odd. shows rpm, airflow and mph not increasing, actually even dropping slightly, while map and tps are still at 97kpa-clearly a wot situation, seems with no traction control interference or timing retard but i could be missin' somethin'. 8370 looks similar-actually increasing mph, rpm and airflow, but not very quick. guessin' higher gear, more load?

i'd hafta agree tho, frame 8300 and the later screenshot seem to definitely indicate slip, with a traction control event. would be easy to prove (or disprove?) with pedal position...