Thread: wideband or EIO latency in logging.

wideband or EIO latency in logging.

I searched and searched and remarkably can't seem to find this mentioned anywhere...

This isn't a big deal with a dyno, but I have some customers with fairly serious setups that want only street and track tuning. Basically, I hook up my LM1 and log, and at WOT, what is recorded error-wise is about 2 cells off in VE because of latency from one place or another that makes it's way into the logs.

It's easy to see in the logs when going into PE and out, you can clearly see that the actual AFR from the wideband is behind the rest of the logging. The car I'm working on now needs to be done on the street (OLSD) in first and second gear, but the latency is so high that I am having a fit with it at WOT. It sure would be nice to be able to positively or negatively offset EIO data time-wise in the logs. Could this be a potential feature?

What is the best way to deal with this, or is my LM1 the slow culprit?

Thanks for any insight.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Yes, that would be sweet! I normally go through by hand when you have transient conditions so I can filter it out. No matter how good the histogram filtering is, there is no way to get rid of it without a curve offset. What sucks if the faster you sample the more it is off by. The only way to make it a little better is to slow the sample time, but then you will get worse data IMO.

The best bet I have is to go through by hand, or you can export the data to excel and modify it there.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

that's what I do as well, just hoped there could be some more useable solution
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com