Thread: LM1 connection to Pro MPVI photograph

LM1 connection to Pro MPVI photograph

A quick photo to help the other rockies (like me) getting an LM1 connected to the MPVI Pro.

I'm still working on getting the same reading between the two, but I am making progress. At WOT, the LM1 was reading 12.3 - 12.4 and HP Scanner showed 12.0 - 12.1. I'll study more on how to setup a PID to match the 0 volt:10 AFR to 5 volt:20 AFR slope that I programmed in the LM1

I only have the white and copper wires plugged in the green connector. Any reason I should connect the red one as well?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO
    I only have the white and copper wires plugged in the green connector. Any reason I should connect the red one as well?
    Not really, I just have the white to the #1 and the red isn't connected to anything.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

im runnin an LC1, ive only got the 1 wire connected when im using it - wideband connection only.
    if i run narrow and wideband, previously it would average out the afr readings!
    guess you could defeat that with maybe a custom PID but i personally CBF'ed goin to those lengths when its really WB ya after.

Tuner in Training
    I have mine connected like this also. I have not used it yet but have a few questions about its use. This may or may not be the right section for this so feel free to move it if necessary.

Is the installation of the wideband as simple as setting up the LM-1, connecting to the interface and putting the wideband in the exhaust bung where the narrow band was removed? When the wideband is installed in place of the narrow band and connected to the interface, what is telling the PCM to add or subtract fuel in place of the missing narrow band?

Newbie questions I know but I am ready to use both the LM-1 and the HP Tuners to get my 70 corvette on the right path.
    1970 Corvette Convertible LS6 conversion with Keisler 5 speed and Steeroids.

Eddie - I installed the LM-1 wideband in the rear O2 sensor bung on my 99 Corvette, leaving both narrow band O2 sensors in place. There are some write ups on how to setup the Innovative wideband O2 as both a wide and narrow sensor. You will have to go that route or add a 3rd bung to your exhaust.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the tip but I do not have rear bungs so I will have to use it in one of the front bungs. Most of the write ups I have seen address the LC1 and how it is connected to the MVPI.
    Not really wanting to run out and get another bung welded in.
    1970 Corvette Convertible LS6 conversion with Keisler 5 speed and Steeroids.

Tuner in Training
    Hmmm....I don't have a white wire on my LM1(white casing, not black). I have black, purple, blue, green, orange, red, and brown.

Which wires do I use?

Thanks,
    Norm

Quote Originally Posted by normc5 View Post
    Hmmm....I don't have a white wire on my LM1(white casing, not black). I have black, purple, blue, green, orange, red, and brown.

Which wires do I use?

Thanks,
    Norm
    This is your Analog out wiring harness? It should only have the 3 wires above.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, but it has the colors(6 six) listed. That is why I am confused if someone wants a pic of it PM me.

Thanks,

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian442 View Post
    This is your Analog out wiring harness? It should only have the 3 wires above.

Quote Originally Posted by normc5 View Post
    Yes, but it has the colors(6 six) listed. That is why I am confused if someone wants a pic of it PM me.

Thanks,

Norm
    I think your best bet would be to call or e mail Innovate.

Tuner in Training
    I pick it up used so it might be something the previous person added. looks like I just need a stereo jack to make this work.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian442 View Post
    I think your best bet would be to call or e mail Innovate.

I know this is a old post but out of the 3 wires, do I only hook up the white and leave the other two without any hook up or do I hook up the white leave off the red and does the brown hook up to anything,

Brown is bare copper and the ground. Yes it should be hooked up. I hooked red up just so it is not a loose wire hanging around to short on anything.

what pin out did you hook it up to

red? input 2.

Wire Diagram

Great thanks again, I am going to put the white on #1 Red on #2 and the Ground to 5 or 6

vcm_scanner_eio_plug.jpg