Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G8 Tune file

G8 Tune file

Hey guys,
    Got this tune and was wondering if anybody has the time to look over and see if all is well? My area of concern is in the A) TM area, i see some high #'s compared to stock. The value 6046 in some areas? Is that good/bad and what does it mean?

And finally B)transmission shift values WOT shift RPM vs Shift norm...

Anyway, i know you all got better things to do, but since i'm new and don't have a clue, but am learnig a ton of stuff everyday..but am still short of knowing what to exactly do..lol

My only mods to date are: CAI/160stat/catback

...anyhelp is greatly appriciated.....
    Last edited by Zim; 09-16-2008 at 09:25 PM.

here is the stock G8 file.

Thanks
    2018 GMC Denali A8 6.2L
    2016 CTS-V
    2016 C7 Z06 A8
    2016 C7 Z06/Z07 A8 vert
    2015 Chevy SS 6.2 LS3 A6
    1996 Impala SS LT1 CAI
    1995 Chevy 1500 5.3 CAI Z06 cam
    1957 Chevy vert

ill take a look at it. i have a full tune as well with a lot of transmission tweaks! ill try to post it later (not on my laptop at the moment).

heres a video of mine shifting from earlier today. the 1-2 shift chirps quite nicely
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV5FQf8zgCQ
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
    1/4 mile: 13.33 @ 105 mph

Very NIce! Thanks for sharing, can't wait! You tweak it yourself??

i dont know about the tm side of things but the engine tune looks scary, the pe is commanding over 14:1 afr over 5000rpm this might be to counter a very rich maf table but even the maf table has been leaned out too plus they have wacked 3-4* more timing in a majority of the spark maps which even makes things more dangerous. Id be checking the afr's yourself and if they are truly as bad as it looks id be smacking the guy in the head.

all i have typed might prove to be rubbish if you run rocket fuel in your car all day every day and even then you wouldnt be running so lean.
    I dont care what fuel is availible in the states your asking for trouble with those afr's at high loads.

I own a holden ve ss sedan from which your g8 is based and my particular car doesnt like much more timing then stock and it works best at wide open with 12.6-12.8afr's.
    im have a std intake setup but have a dual 3" exhaust to let the gas out, more intake and other mods yet to come.
    Given if you have a better intake setup you should be getting more air in you should be adding the fuel to go with it. Id really check your stft pronto as id bet they are highly in the positive side, i honestly hope they are not and i am reading the tune wrong.

cheers tim
    Last edited by Delft Calais; 09-17-2008 at 06:21 PM.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Thanks! Appriciate the input. Excatly the info i was lookiing for! Thanks for being upfront and keeping me safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Zim
    Thanks! Appriciate the input. Excatly the info i was lookiing for! Thanks for being upfront and keeping me safe!
    No probs mate as i said i really hope im wrong but the numbers dont add up for me at all.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

ya, the timing tables seem really high when i looked earlier. with the high timing, it didnt have the IAT and ETC timing pull tables to back that up with heat. ill have mine posted in a little bit.
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb

Cool, thanks boomer. BTW, forgot to tell ya earlier, took mine out today, outside temp 70 degrees, premium fuel about 1/2 tank, got it to chirp the tires in second/third......with no tune.....lol

Nice! here is mine.
    Last edited by boomer; 09-19-2008 at 01:10 PM.
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb

You don't know anybody that had their G8 updated with the new TCM flash from the dealer??

Boomer, looked over your tune, looks good, noticed you like high RPM's....I'm not sure the DOD can take that....

250 speed limiter?? planning on breaking speed records??
    Trans tweak ook good, i might try your shifting properties.....

good stuff, thanks

Boomer, looked over your tune, looks good, noticed you like high RPM's....I'm not sure the DOD can take that....

250 speed limiter?? planning on breaking speed records??
    Trans tweak ook good, i might try your shifting properties.....

good stuff, thanks

well i have my rev limiter set a little higher than normal because i've been trying to get my car to consistently shift where i want. i've been having trouble because it sounds like the WOT RPM tables need to somewhat match the WOT Speed tables. like when you watch my video, it shifted at 6k for 1-2 and like 6200-6300 for 2-3....why, i don't know. but it always seemed to shift a little different from run to run.

now i think i finally have my WOT tables where i want them. it now shifts about 6200 for 1-2 shift, 6100 for 2-3 then 6000 for 3-4. right where i want it now i need to back down the limiter just enough so i hit it when shifting.

speed records.....well see!
    Last edited by boomer; 09-19-2008 at 01:16 PM.
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb

Cool, when you get it figured out let me know, i'm interested as well. My only consern is the high RPM's...i keep reading that our engines with DOD don't like that.....

Cool, when you get it figured out let me know, i'm interested as well. My only consern is the high RPM's...i keep reading that our engines with DOD don't like that.....

like having a higher max rev limiter, or higher DOD parameters while activated (DOD running more)?

from everything that i've found, its fine shifting at 6200. 6200 is the highest i would really want to take it. the extra 200 RPM should be ok.
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer
    Nice! here is mine.
    Where?

hi guys,
    I've got a tune here if i can have it looked at.
    The car is a Holden VE sedan (aussie) L98 which the G8 is based on.
    I'm running a full exhaust system with a otr cold air intake and its running mafless.
    My main area that I want to look at is my PE. Is my PE Enrichment on the right track or am I way out with my figures and if so what should I been running my PE at.
    thanx: cheers:

The PE looks fine to me - it could be a bit leaner at low and high revs and maybe a bit fatter in the middle but I doubt it's far off.
    Where is the tune from and what is worrying you about it?
    The timing is a bit lower than stock in places from what I can tell...
    07 Chev Lumina SS 6.0 L98
    i.e. Holden Commodore VE SS
    i.e. Pontiac G8 GT minus DOD

Hi Tiffer,
    Is there any chance i can get ur latest tune u got for comparing purposes.
    The tune was done by a highly regared tuner.
    So like u said my timing is low from standard and im having troubles with my VE table in WOT. Had it on dyno and we could get out 4000rpm cause it was way to rich runing at for some reason at 14.7 so we backed off.