Thread: Hot shift table?

Hot shift table?

Sorry if im asking something thats already been answered but I couldnt find anything in search, and im new here(sorry)

Looking at my shift tables it shows normal, performance, and hot. I was trying to figure out what makes the car go into the hot tables and if so is this a temp that can be changed somewhere in the tuner, and if not would there be a problem making the WOT table for hot the same as performance? Again sorry i am very new to this and im trying to read all i can. Thanks in advance!

DO NOT MAKE YOUR HOT TABLE LIKE THE PERFORMANCE TABLE!

I don't recall the actual temp that the trans "Hot" tables get invoked...137 C maybe? Not sure, anyway, your "Hot" table is designed to invoke TCC lockup sooner, and longer in an attempt to help COOL your trans, and, basically save the tranny's life! I WOULD NOT CHANGE THIS TABLE!

An unlocked TCC creates more heat in the trans that a locked one.

Krunch
    2002 Monte Carlo SS "Project Intimidator"

[*DHP PowerTuner*] [L36] [180 TStat] [ZZP HVTB] [HV3] [Resonator & U-Bend Delete] [Carsound Hi Flow Cat] [Corsa Catback] [P&P OEM Manifolds] [Precision PT61] [ZZP Trans] [3000 Stall] [2.93 Gears] [F-Body Calipers] [Water-To-Air IC] [AFCO Ford SVT HE] [IAT Post-IC] [Bosch IC Pump] [9.5L System Fluid Capacity]

Advanced Tuner
    The HOT tables kick in when the tranny temps hit "dangerous" levels. something like 240-250F. The PCM's response to this, in an effort to SAVE your tranny, is to lower lockup speeds, lower shift speeds and do things that help you limp home. In fact, this is what partially happens when you fall into LIMP-HOME-MODE.

For normal performance tuning, this table stays stock.
    '99 Black GTP Sedan
    3.4-2.6" PB Quick Change pulleys, Custom CAI, XP Cam, N* TB, LQ4 MAF, SLP headers, 42.5# Injectors, 180/195* thermostat.

13.501 @ 103.392 on 91 (2.4 60-foot).
    13.82 @ 105.28 on 87 octane! (2.42 60-foot).
    263kph top end as shown on the GPS.
    All this and 39MPG to boot. What more can a man ask for?
    * Just another enthusiastic amateur tuner! *