Thread: egr blocker?

Tuner in Training

egr blocker?

have an 07 duramax 2500 stock
    hey, should i put an egr blocker on it? disable codes w/ hpt? or is it even worth the extra trouble? what exactly will i expect to see with it being blocked of? hp. mpg?
    thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by denny1517
    have an 07 duramax 2500 stock
    hey, should i put an egr blocker on it? disable codes w/ hpt? or is it even worth the extra trouble? what exactly will i expect to see with it being blocked of? hp. mpg?
    thanks in advance

Your motor will thank you for it in the long run. You will not be in shop at 8,000 miles getting a replacement one or wait they are on backorder again. I called & the gm mechanic & he told me I would be stupid not to put on in. They can not keep them on the shelfs. I also put in a finger stick in to avoid the codes. That was before hptuners. I would just disable the dtc's & turn off the egr for sure. You should put the blocker plate in also because the egr can still get forced open with enough pressure. You will have a clean motor & it will breath better. You might see just a slight mileage increase & less smoke. I hope that helped.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the feedback i will go ahead and do it....

Potential Tuner
    What type of blocker plate do you use?

Tuner in Training
    There are some on ebay, or if you go to dieselplace.com the forum vendors have them as well...

Kennedy diesel sells them & the finger stick.... on dieselplace.com
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.