Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNF Torque and Load Values

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysolstice
    Diagram seems to agree with what I said above.

Mike
    The Max Air Load Torque Table is used by the air system to control torque and not in the internal desired torque calculation. This table tells the PCM how much of the maximum available fresh air charge can be used to control torque.
    Last edited by 405HP_Z06; 10-18-2008 at 06:37 PM.
    Aaron

'03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 405HP_Z06 View Post
    The Max Air Load Torque Table is used by the air system to control torque and not in the internal desired torque calculation. This table tells the PCM how much of the maximum available fresh air charge can be used to control torque.

Is there anywhere that I can read more about the Max Air Load Torque Table?

I changed the values and it proved very interesting. I think that even stock that the numbers are high. When I changed the whole table to 100% the car was very driveable, but it wasn't very smooth at very low rpms when shifting. I was initially thinking that this was max torque vs RPM's. Da, it's not at all.

What is the best way to use the scanner to optimize this table?

Quote Originally Posted by air1kdf View Post
    Is there anywhere that I can read more about the Max Air Load Torque Table?

I changed the values and it proved very interesting. I think that even stock that the numbers are high. When I changed the whole table to 100% the car was very driveable, but it wasn't very smooth at very low rpms when shifting. I was initially thinking that this was max torque vs RPM's. Da, it's not at all.

What is the best way to use the scanner to optimize this table?
    I haven't quite figured out how to really optimize this table via the scanner. This table is part of the air system, which is one of three systems the PCM uses to control engine torque. It is x% of an internal torque calculation for the air system.

For any point in time during engine run time, the PCM calculates the minimum and maximum torque value based on sensor input and code parameters. Based on the amount of torque available for use in each system, the PCM uses each to achieve driver demanded torque (TDD).

Changing this table to 100% tells the PCM it can use 100% of the available fresh air charge to control torque. The air control system is the slowest responding system which causes the roughness you indicate above.
    Aaron

'03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

so having this table at 100% is good or bad.....

Quote Originally Posted by boostking View Post
    so having this table at 100% is good or bad.....
    Good if all you care about is straight line performance ... Bad if you need the car to be drivable

Tuner in Training
    I have the exception.

In log boost low at 3520RPM's I average 18.20 Lbs boost, at 5500 RPM's I average 15.32 100% pedal at frame 382.

In log boost High at 3520 RPM's I average 14.04 lbs boost, at 5500 RPM's I average 20.34 lbs boost 100% pedal at frame 1275.
    I was looking at these and noticed that while "ETC Pdl" does not reflect the boost curve, "ETC" does. When examining vs. "ETC" the low-rpm boost log appears more aggressive than the high-rpm boost log.

In the low log, by frame 399 you are at 99%+ ETC (as opposed to 99%+ ETC Pdl at frame 382). Using the MAP as a boost indicator at frame 399 vs. 382, this makes sense.

Likewise, in the high log, by frame 1291 you are at 99%+ ETC, MAP reads 28psi at this frame (vs. 15psi @ MAP on frame 1275.) The low-rpm MAP reading also appears more smooth

Generally I assume "ETC" is what the PCM is using to make most decisions, I have yet to find anything tied directly to "ETC Pdl".)

If you zoom in on the two pulls, you can see the MAP/Load peaks earlier on your low tune, and later in your high tune.

The MAP and Load lines correlate with one another.

I find two other User-Defined PIDs useful, instead of relying on MAP and Load% readings:

"BARO Boost": [PID.2338.PSI] - [PID.51.PSI]
    "Des BARO Boost": [PID.2360.PSI] - [PID.51.PSI]

It would seem that at 100% ETC (not 100% ETC Pdl, which is effectively the driver's input) the PCM is doing what you've told it?

I would LOVE for somebody else to try this simple test, to verify this in their car.
    I can only confirm that setting values above 255 don't seem to have any effect vs. setting them to 255.