Thread: can't build any boost at line

Tuner in Training

can't build any boost at line

i am experiencing a problem, and was hoping that someone here could help me out...

i can't build any boost when i try to "break boost" my car.. it goes to 0 and doesn't build any boost at all... i can have my throttle at 75% and still nothing... when i let go of the break and floor it at same time, it would take car about 1.5second to reach full boost... a lot of turbo lag...

i heard that some of turbo lag can be fixed by decreasing timing at the line... is this true, or is there something else i can do to get some boost of the line ?

thanks

setup:
    3.8L L67
    8.4:1
    PT-67
    3" downpipe
    3.29 gears
    no exhaust leaks
    no boost leaks
    wastegate closed 100%

Tuner in Training
    3250 stall

Advanced Tuner
    It is true that boost will rise faster if timing is lower... however Oz, I don't think that is your problem. If it wasn't your issue, you would be at least seeing SOME boost, not none at all.

Turbo-size, boost valve, etc... all play into the picture. Was it you that had the electronic boost controller? That also could play a factor.

G'luck!
    '99 Black GTP Sedan
    3.4-2.6" PB Quick Change pulleys, Custom CAI, XP Cam, N* TB, LQ4 MAF, SLP headers, 42.5# Injectors, 180/195* thermostat.

13.501 @ 103.392 on 91 (2.4 60-foot).
    13.82 @ 105.28 on 87 octane! (2.42 60-foot).
    263kph top end as shown on the GPS.
    All this and 39MPG to boot. What more can a man ask for?
    * Just another enthusiastic amateur tuner! *