Thread: gear change in 05 c6 a4

Tuner in Training

gear change in 05 c6 a4

Can anyone give me an idea how to calculate for a different gear size. I put a set of 3.73 gears in it. Here is the cal. from the car. The tire size is correct.

Thanks

Attachment 14197

As to the gear change, the LS2's are a little tricky. First enter the stock tire dia (26.16), then enter 1 as the new gear ratio. Hit the commit button, then hit the undo button. Notice that the current tire size & gear ratio is now 26.16 & 3.15. Also the Final Drive Ratio > Trans is 3.15. All of the other fields should be stock at this point. Now enter 26.16 for the new tire size, and 3.73 in the New gear ratio field & hit the commit button.

Your speedo table should look like this screen pic.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Thank you sir.

Ok, I've been asked again about these vehicles that have 1.00 for the gear ratio. And my procedure in post #2 doesn't work anymore. So go to Speedometer>General>Final Drive Ratio>Trans and enter the vehicle's stock gear ratio (in place of the 1.00). Don't touch any other fields! Next, close & reopen the Speedo tab and click the Gear/Tire Calc tab. Now enter your new gear ratio or tire size and click the Commit button.

This will also correctly rescale the trans shift speed tables.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Ok, I've been asked again about these vehicles that have 1.00 for the gear ratio. And my procedure in post #2 doesn't work anymore. So go to Speedometer>General>Final Drive Ratio>Trans and enter the vehicle's stock gear ratio (in place of the 1.00). Don't touch any other fields! Next, close & reopen the Speedo tab and click the Gear/Tire Calc tab. Now enter your new gear ratio or tire size and click the Commit button.

This will also correctly rescale the trans shift speed tables.

Russ Kemp
    Thanks again :P

FWIW, this still works in 2023...