Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F.A.S.T. Dual Wideband

Advanced Tuner

F.A.S.T. Dual Wideband

I haven't had a chance to download 2.22 but did HPTuners add the F.A.S.T. calculations to the newest version. I'll try toget it downloaded tonight to see.

Here's a link to the calculations again if you need them. Still works great with the Wideband.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13723
    97 GMC ext cab, 2002 LS6, MTI G1 cam 228/232-588/575-113, MTI hardened pushrods, Patriot 243 heads, 3200 stall, 85mm Mass air, S&P Type III Headers, 2 1/2" Magnaflow High flow cats, Flowmasters, HPTuners, 4:10 gears, Original Boyds wheels 17X9's front 17X11's rear, East coast customs WS6 ram air hood, 150 shot NOS LS1 set up, 4/5Beltech drop, Caltracs.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, I downloaded it and the F.A.S.T. isn't in there. Are you guys (HPTuners) going to concider installing this in the scanner?

thanks
    97 GMC ext cab, 2002 LS6, MTI G1 cam 228/232-588/575-113, MTI hardened pushrods, Patriot 243 heads, 3200 stall, 85mm Mass air, S&P Type III Headers, 2 1/2" Magnaflow High flow cats, Flowmasters, HPTuners, 4:10 gears, Original Boyds wheels 17X9's front 17X11's rear, East coast customs WS6 ram air hood, 150 shot NOS LS1 set up, 4/5Beltech drop, Caltracs.

Potential Tuner

Cool F.A.S.T. Dual Wideband

I am having the same trouble. I have been trying for 2 weeks to get my FAST meter to read correctly. It seems that after I set up the parameters for it, I get a reading even when I have no connection to the EIO Ports. The readings seem to be coming from my stock sensors. I do not understand this because there is no connection to the inputs. Maybe somebody can help us to resolve this issue. I have not checked the voltages coming from the FAST. I set it up correctly I believe anyway,as you have stated in the other message.

2000 Camaro SS, 5.7L A4 Tranny, SLP Lid,85mm MAF, smooth bellows, subframes,Adjustable torque arm, MSD wires,Hooker long tubes,Line Lock, Fan Switch, 160 Thermostat.

Advanced Tuner
    [email protected], I meant I downloaded the new version of HPTuners to see if the FAST WB was added. My Fast WB works fine with no issues, I would just like to see it added to the list of WB's in the scanner.

Advanced Tuner
    BTW, Go to the link I posted and try my scan configuration.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry...I misunderstood your post. My problem is I am not sure if I have it setup correctly. Since your Wideband is working fine, would it be possible that you could show me what it should look like. I went into the Scanner and right click EIO1 and did an insert. I then chose a title as FAST O2 and have the sensor as an air fuel ratio and the units set to afr. I have the box checked for linear and under volts in left box I have .359 and after the plus I have 4.096. Is this correct. I do not know why when nothing is connected to those inputs it is still reading on both inputs 1 and 2. Do you have any idea why. Am I suppose to disable something first before setting up the wide band? Please let me know. Thanks!!
    2000 Camaro SS, 5.7L. A4 Tranny, Slp Cold air intake w/Blackwing filter, SLP Subframe and Adjustable Torque Arm, MSD coils w/wires, SLP Linelock and Fan switch, 160 Thermostat, Hooker Headers, SLP Smooth Bellows.

Advanced Tuner
    It sounds like you set the WB up correctly in the table but your reading your narrow bands in the chart and primary table correct? Add the Air Fuel Ratio sensor in the chart & histogram display or it won't work right. Download one of my log files in the link above and see if you can use that configuration. Your narrowbands will show movement if they are in the chart/display configuration but the WB should be dead if not connected.

Potential Tuner
    That is correct. I will add it into the Histogram. I already added it into the charts and that was reading my narrow band. I will go ahead and try it and let you know the results. I appreciate your time in helping me. Will get back to you. Thanks!!
    2000 Camaro SS, 5.7L. A4 Tranny, Slp Cold air intake w/Blackwing filter, SLP Subframe and Adjustable Torque Arm, MSD coils w/wires, SLP Linelock and Fan switch, 160 Thermostat, Hooker Headers, SLP Smooth Bellows.

Potential Tuner
    Well I'm back. Had a busy weekend with the family. I tried yesterday and today to get my FAST A/F meter to correspond with my HP Tuner with no luck. My FAST is reading at idle, 14.7 to 15 while in the HP tuners It is reading 9.06 to 10. I trust my wideband and when I open it up at about 6000 rpm it drops down to about 13.3 to 13.5. My commanded A/F is set to 12.6 and I know that has b een working ok. I set up the tables in the Histogram in #8 and used the info I got with the illustration from soundengineer.Seems to be still reading my Narrow band sensors. I must be doing something wron. Any Ideas? I feel as long as I can see with my wideband meter, Even though my afr error is way out of wack, at least I am not running too lean or too rich. Let me know what you think. Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Advanced Tuner
    Can you save upload your configuration so we can look at it?

Potential Tuner
    OK I will try. Never did this b4. I am new at this program and might need instructions on how to save and attach. Let me try and will let you know the results. Thanks.

Tuner
    How I configure mine:

1. Open scanner. Must be fresh opening, or it sometimes won't let you configure.

2. Right click the EIO input that MATCHES the one you have whichever FAST sensor hooked to, and insert.

3. Click user defined, then configure user defined.

4. Make sure it's entered as an air fuel ratio.

5. Enter .3597 in the bottom location.

6. Enter 9.6 in the right location.

When the FAST starts up, go to advance options. Tell it gasoline, enable analog output, no to first option (to multiply X 10), yes to next (mentions 4.097 volts), and then number of sensors you have.

It should read now.

If it reads 13.X, the output is not enabled (and it's sending a static voltage). If it reads 9.6, somehow the scanner is not getting a signal ( 0 volts is configured for the bottom of the FAST's ability to read, which is 9.6:1 AFR). Usually, I find this to be the FAST is not hooked to the right EIO, has become disconnected, or something similar.

Potential Tuner
    It seems like it is now working. I went back to imperial default and put in the parameters that Greg Adams suggested and now it is reading correctly on the Charts, Histogram and the EIO tables. Either I needed to use a default or the parameters were off or both. This is good stuff that others can use to setup their FAST A/F meter. Thanks Nitro for you help and concern. I appreciate the time you took to help. Thanks Greg for your help. I am glad that this forum is about helping others. This HP Program is really a great program. There is a lot more that I need to learn and I know that I will be asking more questions and I hope there are more people like both of you that are willing to lend their expertise. Thanks Guys. I guess this case is closed.

One more question for nitrous. I believe you are running SD along with a 150 shot. Which Speed Density did you use. The 1 bar is for N/A, 2 and 3 bar are for Superchargers and Turbo Chargers (I think anyway). After next months race, My engine is going to be overhauled with drastic changes to lowers and uppers. I will be running a direct Port Nitrous 75-300 shot from Zex. That is why I am asking this question. Please let me know. Thanks!!

Thanks to both of you. I can now tune and log my races.

Tuner
    Glad it helped.

Someone listed that the fast numbers are the same as another, but for the life of me I can't remember which wideband it is.

While my laptop was in for repair (or everytime I updated HPT) I had to reconfigure the fast so I've gotten pretty good at it, lol.

Tuner
    Why can't this configuration be added to the default list of wideband sensors? Does HPTuners have something against FAST? You've added all the others, why hasn't this been added? Is two years not enough time to wait?

Quote Originally Posted by GregRexAdams View Post
    Someone listed that the fast numbers are the same as another, but for the life of me I can't remember which wideband it is.
    Its the LM-1, which has the same calculation as the FAST "low resolution" mode, which is (Voltage times 10) and ranges from .9v to 2.1V. It'll work, but you have a much more powerful device and you'd would be waisting the "goodness" you paid for!!!

FASTs high resolution is (Voltage times 2.78)+9.6. Its way better, its range goes all the way to 4.something volts!!! I tried them both on EFILive and you absolutely want to use high resolution. You get a much smoother data log!!!!

EFILive has had FAST in the standard list of widebands for a while now. I don't know why HPT doesn't yet.
    Last edited by SweetS10V8; 02-16-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Just as easy to setup your own and more than likely due to voltage differences and ground differences some customizing of the transfer function of converting voltage into afr or lambda will need to be done anyway.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    after watching Gregs DVD and i started tuning on my car i gave up on my LC-1 wideband and just ordered the FAST Alcohol/Ethanol wideband this is there link http://www.compperformancegroupstore...ct_Code=170608 so i can tune my car on E85. i want to set my config up to use this setup is it the same as previosly mentioned.And why do we not have a preconfigured setup in our scanners for E85 at all?
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA

Advanced Tuner

Fast Ethanol-Methanol Air/fuel Meter setup

Just figured we could get a good link going since this seemed full of good info about the FAST Wideband and Well i cannot get a straight answer so this is the problem i installed my new Fast Air/Fuel meter and hooked it up to My Scanner it works but the scaling is off i mean i can watch the meter and it is correct at Stoich 9.799 but when its at 9.6 on the Fast meter it reads 8.4 on the scanner and goes the same the other way,here is my settings , HPTUNERS FORMULA (Use this) VOLTS + 6.1
    that is using the correct formula the meter shows a range of 6.1 afr to 14.2 afr so there is a range of only 8.1 and voltage from 0 to 4.096?
    Attachment 23564
    Last edited by Throttle; 05-21-2010 at 05:06 AM.
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.

Advanced Tuner

Fast dual band info

So i emailed FAST and this is the info that shold have came with the wideband
    Attachment 23573

Attachment 23574
    correct info for user defined wideband setup using E85
    VOLTS + 6.4