Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOD deactivated yes or no

Ok, well I never timed the delay so my remark of the 30 sec delay may be off the mark...I'm guessing the delay is A) trans dropping into appropriate gear and B) DOD getting back into v8 mode.....all of which takes time...

the G8 never idles in v-4 mode. I think you need to be moving and doing a certain speed/RPM for the engine to go into v-4 mode.

AS for the harsh idle, no fix as of yet, many g8 owners are coping with it now.

But, just an FYI, I did enable the DOD today. Was getting some really bad MPG's ! But then again, I was hauling 80-100mph! lol

BTDT (Been There, Done That)

Gas mileage drops about 5 MPG on the highway with DOD disabled.

I have re-enabled it and tweaked the DOD settings that can make the DOD more or less agressive.

Idle rpm on stock G8 tune is to low, hence the rough idle. Just bump it up about 100-125 rpms and it will smooth out.

The G8 has both DOD (displacement on demand & DFCO (decel fuel cut-off) but depending on the settings, it will only activate one or the other.
    2004 GTO A4
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION....
    Previous E.T. 10.66 @ 130 mph
    http://www.mongillomotors.com/1066vid.html
    2008 G8
    LS3 76mm Turbo. 582rwhp
    2003 S600 Mercedes
    V12 Twin Turbo 21psi 600 rwhp
    2007 Factor Five GTM
    Twin Turbo forged LS6 600rwhp
    2015 Polaris Slingshot
    Tune & DR

www.ProEdgeTuning.com

Tuning with HPTuners & Mustang MD-1100 Chassis Dyno
    Wallingford, CT.

[email protected]

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by edgZ06
    The G8 has both DOD (displacement on demand & DFCO (decel fuel cut-off) but depending on the settings, it will only activate one or the other.
    That's what I thought too until I went out west and had some very long steep down hills. When in V8 and rolling to a stop my truck pegs at 99MPG but has a pretty heavy engine brake effect. In V4 it bounces between 60 and 80MPG but has very little engine brake. On a long steep down hill V4 actully pegged to 99mpg and stayed there. I had the scanner hooked up but have not had the time to see if DOD and DFCO were both engaged but it sure looked and felt like it.

I prefer to have DOD on when not towing. I get about 2 mpg better with DOD and live with the small delay.
    07 Avalanche Exhaust & CAI

Good info....

DoD doesn't bother me at all. ya, you can hear it go in and out, but i think it is beneficial enough to leave enabled. the only lag i notice is maybe when cruising at partial throttle (when it goes on and off), but thats it. when i go WOT, the car seems to take off just fine.

heres a video i did a while back comparing (highway only).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj3MpnZgXRI
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
    1/4 mile: 13.33 @ 105 mph